It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Murtha wants Club Gitmo prisoners in Pennsylvania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

Jan 21st, 2009 | WASHINGTON -- A top House Democrat who is a leading critic of the Iraq war says he would have no qualms about transferring Guantanamo detainees to a prison in his Pennsylvania district.

Great John, but what are your self-described racist and redneck constituents going to think about this? Oh...it doesn't matter you barely won re-election and don't have to worry about it for another 6 years.

Also, what makes Murtha think that our troops would want to be stationed in your district? You have already falsely accused troops of attrocites in Haditha, and claimed they are the enemy....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i think i may be a bit ignorant on this topic but what is the big deal about taking them in to our prison system? are they scared there going to be killed by our gnarly inmates? or is it we cant torture them here in the states?

not trying to attack you or anyone else just asking

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Okay, Murtha, without a brigade of Marines to protect you, would you let them live in the houses next to you? Ah. Thought not.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Houses?

the article says prison. Did I miss something here?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Besides the security issue, you also have to deal with the legal issue. Imagine 250 terrorists coming to the United States. Each one getting lawyers that the taxpayers pay for, and likely get Constitutional protection, something that is reserved for US Citizens. It seem liberals have always wanted a Bill of Rights for Terrorists....and now it seems like they will get it.

The military should handle punishment...not the screwed up US Judicial System.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Not only does it suck for the people living around this facility new or old but I'm sure since these are federal prisoners and given the extreme circumstances surrounding their incarceration in Cuba whoever gets these prisoners is also going to be getting a substantial portion of our federal tax dollars as compensation.

Murtha wants to further devalue the homes in the surrounding area, contribute to an increase in crime, contribute to an overall degradation of quality of life (no doubt the prison is in a county that didnt support him anyway) and in the process secure more of my money for his political ends.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
No No No Not PA

My dear state of OH is right next door.

How about Alaska?? No need to waterboard there. Just freeze the little *snips* to get info out of them.

Puerto Rico is an island and is totally feasible as well?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Okay, Murtha, without a brigade of Marines to protect you, would you let them live in the houses next to you? Ah. Thought not.

And you trust prison guards with all of the REAL murderers all around you?

Think about the REAL "terrorists" of big business that are ACTUALLY killing people, millions of people, in their own countries.

I'd feel a lot more secure if a circle of marines were stationed around them!
(unless they were protecting them of course..)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue would be the perfect spot. Obama then could keep a close eye on them to ensure that they are properly taken care of and are not being abused. Hell, he could even let his White House lawyers defend them to ensure they get a fair trial.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Gitmo to close in 1 year???!
I think we will get hit with another terrorist attack in about 6 months.
Then the political winds will change.
Oh no! They are still after us!
Ummmmm.......lets keep Gitmo open!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am from the arae murtha serves in. honestly i do not have a problem with these prisioners being here in it. All the towns have at most a couple hundred people living in them, and the federal prison is in the middle of no where so if they were going to attack it wouldn't matter becuase i think that a terrorist suspect is more into killing thousands over a couple hundred people in an area that no one has even heard of. I do not usually support Murtha due to his radical views but most people support him because he serves an economically depressed area and in the words of people he brought jobs here and apparently if he leaves so will jobs. Which is a lie in itself. I feel that in order for this man to have served so many terms something has to be going on that the common people do not know about.John Murtha is the perfect example of a corrupt politican in Washington

new topics

top topics

join