It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube... Busted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been seen before.
ca.youtube.com...

Tell me this is a conspiracy.
I think the question is who is really controlling all of this

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

It is the "same" here on ATS. If you go to PROFILE you will see your 3 last threads. Got many views? I have 0 views, even though i have many replies. Conspiracy? Or maybe just server for views is overloaded.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Hey there ForeManator.

This was an 'election'.

Sorry.

I live in King County. We have those all of the time.

You can't believe the stuff that goes on around here.

We voted down this floating bridge replacement = Crazy cost. So they waited for the next storm... AND SANK IT!

Welcome to America... Have a nice day!

And again... Sorry.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I can see a 4 to 6 hour delay for view counts, but more than that has got to be manipulation. There is always the possibility they were having serious server problems but being owned by Google I doubt it. Whoever owns the online media, owns all messages on social networks.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have seen this happen a number of times on YouTube. I have seen channels shut down. I have seen videos which somehow develop "technical difficulties" (although this is rare.) But all these incidences have one thing in common: they are all either anti-NWO or anti-government. None of the channels that post videos on science, cute animals or blooper reels have this kind of problem. Nor do, of course, the pro-establishment videos (although they are rare. lol.)

DMCAs is another issue, although not YouTube's fault. Some members will file false DMCAs against channels whom they take opposition with (in other words, they claim that they have used copyrighted material without express permission and then YouTube automatically removes that video.) First of all, all material on YouTube is in the public domain and when you join the site you agree this stipulation (therefore if someone wants to put a clip from one of your vids in theirs, they can.) Secondly, filing a false DMCA is illegal and makes one open to a lawsuit.

In short, YouTube faces censorship which can be extremely aggravating and unfair for some members. There are several alternatives to the site though, one of the newest being DramaTube (where you can say anything you'd like, just so long as it is not hate speech and you are of 18 years or older.)

I still like YouTube though and help fight how I can to protect freedom of speech there. But those who run it themselves are helping to take the "You" out of "YouTube"...which I guess would make it E-Tube, which...I can't imagine anyone really wanting...

new topics

top topics

join