It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wake Up Call To Global Media- Prove Yourselves or Die!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In America:

Hey, it isn't my fault you let the CIA or other intelligence agency have an office in your suite! How many of you contested in court their approach to you before you let them do it? Operation Mockingbird ring any bells? Hellllo?

Operation Mockingbird was a secret Central Intelligence Agency campaign to influence domestic and foreign media beginning in the 1950s. The existence of this operation was made public during the Church Committee investigation in 1975 (published 1976).

The activities, extent and even the name of the CIA project remain in dispute: the operation was first identified as Mockingbird in Deborah Davis' 1979 expose, Katharine the Great: Katharine Graham and her Washington Post Empire. But Davis' book, alleging that the media had been recruited (and infiltrated) by the CIA for propaganda purposes, was itself controversial and has since been shown to have had a number of erroneous assertions.[1] More evidence of Mockingbird's existence emerged in the 2007 memoir American Spy: My Secret History in the CIA, Watergate and Beyond, by convicted Watergate "plumber" E. Howard Hunt.

We witnessed recently your successful attempt to silence Ron Paul's candidacy, and caught you red handed. And to add insult to injury, when you finally figured out that he knew way more than you or anyone else did about the state of our monetary system and economy, your incredible, shameless hypocrisy allowed you to conveniently skip over that fact and call him all day long for interviews on all the major networks when no one else could come up with any answers. PITIFUL, you pigs!

And then, like the true dogs you are, you attempted to spin the story of how Russia invaded Georgia to the point that would have us believe that Georgia did nothing to warrant the big bad Bear stomping on them like a tomato under foot. Well I wish that had been your fricken HEADS under their feet, because that's what you truly deserve.

Thank God for people like around here at ATS that dig out the real truths, or we'd just be another one of your happy, ignorance is bliss sheeple.

You do reasonably well with the weather. Ok I'll give you that. Great job on helping us not to freeze to death, or get wiped out by hurricanes.

But how can you be so oblivious to the fact that a new age of internet is upon us, and that your captive audience isn't so captive anymore? We can now get news regularly, from many viewpoints, across the whole world, at least giving us more information than your one-sided, politically correct, and CIA-sanctioned jibberish.

One of these days you are going to have to wake up and realize that a whole new segment of people is out there and growing by the day that want to hear the truth, no matter how much it hurts or goes against what Washington wants to put out there.

It took the media in England for crying out loud to keep us updated on Sibel Edmunds, the whistleblower who tried to pull the plug on corruption happening in front of her face. Well that was YOUR job, you fools. If anything you should have been all over that. But no, someone told you that if you managed to get a hold of her you must turn her in? Is it any wonder she didn't trust you at all and took off to save her life? Is it any wonder that so many of us don't trust you anymore at all?

You are just another government agency under another name. And you had better wake up and PROVE to the people that you are worthy of our trust for anything else other than weather. Always some spin, always some agenda. Your talk shows are crap, and anything but fair, with the exception of very few.

And don't even get me started because these are just a very, very few cases that expose you traitors to the people.

Become truly independent agencies again and report the facts without bias or die. DIE DIE DIE!!! (as in, your business is going to fail.)

[edit on Thu Jan 22nd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I like your style and am totaly with you on this,but to me it seems like such a huge problem,to many people are infected per say? we need a organized movement to do anything on a massive scale something that would be unheard of in our day.

I would love to see this happen as well be happy to help in any way shape or form,im down for the good fight,and helping this country see the truth on what is really going on.

I know even i am effected/infected by this countries censorship of the media but what can we do its everywhere,thats what brought me here to ATS was all of the views of the members here. i think we have a great start here on this site as to what we need.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tungsten core
I like your style and am totaly with you on this,but to me it seems like such a huge problem,to many people are infected per say? we need a organized movement to do anything on a massive scale something that would be unheard of in our day.

Well hey, thanks, I liked your comments. But unless we start screaming in their faces and do more, it surely won't happen! You'd be surprised who reads this stuff at ATS, all types. And get enough people screaming, someone's going to go running back to the home office and start raising some eyebrows. But as usual, this thread as well as so many others will go unflagged and ignored for the most part. Hey, there's weird stars in the sky and Obama's inauguration to talk about!

I would love to see this happen as well be happy to help in any way shape or form,im down for the good fight,and helping this country see the truth on what is really going on.

By the way, welcome to ATS! One of the things most new members don't see right away is kinda how the site works, with respect to getting topics up where they can really be seen.

ATS provides two main methods:

1) The flagging system. If you see a topic you think is important, flag it, yup right up there at the top left, big red box. Topics with lots of flags are known as TOP topics, and are reflected on the home page and other places.

2) Sheer number of replies. Threads with lots of replies get sensed by the system and get a designation as a "hot topic" and then will be reflected as well on the homepage as well as other places.

Some topics get both, but many topics will get one or the other, depending on how the members feel about it.

I know even i am effected/infected by this countries censorship of the media but what can we do its everywhere,thats what brought me here to ATS was all of the views of the members here. i think we have a great start here on this site as to what we need.

And you are absolutely right! I'd make ATS a nightly routine if you want to stay on top of the latest developments! ATS has a long history of discussing alternative topics, and it is extremely well moderated. Beware however to attack a subject if you want, just don't attack the member personally. That can get you banned. I got banned once, but a quick email to the big man and found out it was a mistake.
Fixed. They are pretty good man, you'll see.

In the meantime, if we the people do not let the media know directly how we feel about them, how will they ever know to change? Get me 2,000 replies on this thread and I'll personally go down to CNN, FOX and wherever else and show them how we feel.
Just ain't gonna happen, no illusions here.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hey, don't take it from me! Just a few:

www.wanttoknow.info...

Media Cover-up
Leading Journalists Expose Major Cover-ups in Media

The riveting excerpts below are from the revealing accounts of 20 award-winning journalists in the highly acclaimed book Into the Buzzsaw. These courageous writers were prevented by corporate media ownership from reporting major news stories. Some were even fired or laid off. They have won numerous awards, including several Emmys and a Pulitzer. Join in building a better world by helping to spread this news across the land.

Jane Akre—Fox News. After our struggle to air an honest report [on hormones in milk], Fox fired the general manager [of our station]. The new GM said that if we didn’t agree to changes that the lawyers were insisting upon, we’d be fired for insubordination in 48 hours. We pleaded with [him] to look at the facts we’d uncovered. His reply: “We paid $3 billion dollars for these stations. We’ll tell you what the news is. The news is what we say it is!” [After we refused] Fox’s GM presented us an agreement that would give us a full year of salary, and benefits worth close to $200,000, but with strings attached: no mention of how Fox covered up the story and no opportunity to ever expose the facts. [After declining] we were fired. (click for more, revealing video clip)

Dan Rather—CBS, Multiple Emmy Awards. What's going on is a belief that you can manipulate communicable trust between the leadership and the led. The way you do that is you don't let the press in anywhere. Access to war is extremely limited. The fiercer the combat, the more the access is limited, [including] access to information. This is a direct contradiction of the stated policy of maximum access to information consistent with national security. There was a time in South Africa when people would put flaming tires around people's necks if they dissented. In some ways the fear [now in the U.S.] is that you will have a flaming tire of lack of patriotism put around your neck. That fear keeps journalists from asking the tough questions. I am humbled to say, I do not except myself from this criticism. (click for more)

Monika Jensen-Stevenson—Emmy-winning producer for 60 minutes. Robert R. Garwood—14 years a prisoner of the Vietnamese—was found guilty in the longest court-martial in US history. At the end of the court-martial, there seemed no question that Garwood was a monstrous traitor. Several years later in 1985, Garwood was speaking publicly about something that had never made the news during his court-martial. He knew of other American prisoners in Vietnam long after the war was over. He was supported by Vietnam veterans whose war records were impeccable. My sources included outstanding experts like former head of the Defense Intelligence Agency General Tighe and returned POWs like Captain McDaniel, who held the Navy’s top award for bravery. With such advocates, it was hard not to consider the possibility that prisoners (some 3,500) had in fact been kept by the Vietnamese as hostages to make sure the US would pay the more than $3 billion in war reparations. [After the war] American POWs had become worthless pawns. The US had not paid the promised monies and had no intention of paying in the future. (click for more)

Kristina Borjesson—CBS, Emmy award winner. Pierre Salinger announced to the world on Nov. 8, 1996, that he’d received documents proving that a US Navy missile had accidentally downed [TWA flight 800]. That same day, FBI’s Jim Kallstrom called a press conference. A man raised his hand and asked why the Navy was involved in the recovery and investigation while a possible suspect. “Remove him!” [Kallstrom] yelled. Two men leapt over to the questioner and grabbed him by the arms. There was a momentary chill in the air after the guy had been dragged out of the room. Kallstrom and entourage acted as if nothing had happened. [Kallstrom was later hired by CBS.] (click for more)

Greg Palast—BBC. In the months leading up to the November [2000] balloting, Gov. Jeb Bush ordered elections supervisors to purge 58,000 voters on the grounds they were felons not entitled to vote. As it turns out, only a handful of these voters were felons. This extraordinary news ran on page one of the country’s leading paper. Unfortunately, it was the wrong country: Britain. In the USA, it was not covered. The office of the governor [also] illegally ordered the removal of felons from voter rolls—real felons—but with the right to vote under law. As a result, 50,000 of these voters could not vote. The fact that 90% of these were Democrats should have made it news as this alone more than accounted for Bush’s victory. (click for more)

Michael Levine—25-year veteran of DEA, writer for New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today. The Chang Mai “factory” that the CIA prevented me from destroying was the source of massive amounts of heroin being smuggled into the US in the bodies and body bags of GIs killed in Vietnam. Case after case was killed by CIA and State Department intervention and there wasn’t a thing we could do about it. ... In 1980, CIA-recruited mercenaries and drug traffickers unseated Bolivia’s democratically elected president. Immediately after the coup, coc aine production increased massively. Bolivia [became] the source of virtually 100% of the coc aine entering the US. This was the beginning of the crack “plague.” … The CIA along with State and Justice Departments had to protect their drug-dealing assets by destroying a DEA investigation. How do I know? I was the inside source. ... I sat down at my desk in the American embassy and wrote evidence of my charges. I addressed it to Newsweek. Three weeks later DEA’s internal security [called] to notify me that I was under investigation. ... The highlight of the 60 Minutes piece is when the administrator of the DEA, Federal Judge Robert Bonner, tells Mike Wallace, “There is no other way to put it, Mike, [what the CIA did] is drug smuggling. It’s illegal.” (click for more)

And plenty more where those came from. ***Visit link!***

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I havent read all the posts here but I can add something. About seven years ago I was watching "Sixty minutes" and they were talking about the Federal Communication Commission, (or committee) (F.C.C.) to be exact. According to the information, Michael Powell, the then chairperson of the FCC had been heavily bribed many times with a lot of money and also with expensive vacation trips that even included meals that would cost as much as I earn in a week! The proposal on the table was to have the FCC lift the cap on how much one could legally own of media (newspapers TV radio magazines newsbroadcasting networks etc.). The senate G.O.P. wanted to hold off on a vote and give the people a chance to put in a word, but George W. Bush said to go ahead and vote it in right aeay. There was some opposition from a couple of senators, both republicans if I remember right. Well, the bill was passed, allowing these giant media behemoths to practically own and buy up all the property on the face of the Earth leaving NO COMPETITION against them. Some of the ultrarich guys who bribed the chairman of the FCC was Rupert murdock, Michael Eisner, Sumner Redstone and Richard Parsons. These guys are the owners of Newscorp, Disneyland, Viacom and A.O.L.. I cant remember who owned which since it has been a few years but this can show you all what has and is happening with the news media. These rich and powerful guys pretty much own it all and have the power to determine WHAT WE HEAR AND WHAT WE DONT HEAR. I wouldnt be surprised if this recession was half made by fear.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
S&F my friend Keep up the good work. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm behind you all the way!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You want 2,000 replies? Well here is one! I would love to see the mediamongers get an asswhooping!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thanks. Let's get em is what I say.

Originally posted by defendant
You want 2,000 replies? Well here is one! I would love to see the mediamongers get an asswhooping!

A for effort my friend!

2,000 replies is a rarity around here, and really I was just kidding. But I keep my promises by God, even so.

So I wonder where Ted Turner fits into your little story above? Didn't he sell out or merge with AOL or something? I dunno, too much time on Yellowstone here recently. I forget a lot of stuff, gettin old.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
MUST SEE VIDEO

www.wimp.com...

67% of the people do not trust MSM. Special case video report of MSM deliberate deceptions, high level story kills, and more.

Prove yourselves or die. I will reiterate my call to action. You're not the only people with a camera or a computer anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm in, what can I do to help show the truth?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darky6K
I'm in, what can I do to help show the truth?

Heh, it looks like Obama's doing a pretty good job of alienating the media himself. He grants his first televised interview to an Arab station? You know the big dogs up at NBC, ABC, CNN etc. have got to be scratching their heads trying hard to figure out how they are going to wrap their grubby fingers around a President who is defying all tradition of big media access.

In a way, it's kinda fun to watch.

But in another way, it's a bit concerning.

top topics

join