It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi angel of death Josef Mengele 'created twin town in Brazil'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Nazi angel of death Josef Mengele 'created twin town in Brazil'

www.tele graph.co.uk

he steely hearted "Angel of Death", whose mission was to create a master race fit for the Third Reich, was the resident medic at Auschwitz from May 1943 until his flight in the face of the Red Army advance in January 1945.

His task was to carry out experiments to discover by what method of genetic quirk twins were produced – and then to artificially increase the Aryan birthrate for his master, Adolf Hitler.

Now, a historian claims, Mengele's notorious experiments may have borne fruit.

For years scientists have failed to discover why as many as one in five pregnancies in a small Brazilian town have resulted in twins – most of them blond haired and blue eyed.

But residents of Candido Godoi now claim that Mengele made repeated visits there in the early 1960s, posing at first as a vet but then offering medical treatment to the women of the town.

Dr da Silva said: "In the testimonies we collected we came across women who were treated by him, he appeared to be some sort of rural medic who went from house to house. He attended women who had varicose veins and gave them a potion which he carried in a bottle, or tablets which he brought with him. Sometimes he carried out dental work, and everyone remembers he used to take blood."

The people of Candido Godoi now largely accept that a Nazi war criminal was an inadvertent guest of theirs for several years in the early 1960s. The town's official crest shows two identical profiles and a road sign welcomes visitors to a "Farming Community and Land of the Twins". There is also a museum, the House of the Twins.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/21/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow!

This is truly interesting. I have heard many references made to "the boys from Brazil." But until now, have always passed it off as urban legend.

Here we have possible proof of the Nazi infiltration of South American society. It makes one wonder what other kinds of experiments have been conducted in that part of the world during the latter half of the 20th century. .

It does make one stop and think.

www.tele graph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

"There is testimony that he attended women, followed their pregnancies, treated them with new types of drugs and preparations, that he talked of artificial insemination in human beings, and that he continued working with animals, proclaiming that he was capable of getting cows to produce male twins."

The urbane German who arrived in Candido Godoi was remembered with fondness by many of the townspeople.

"He told us he was a vet," said Aloisi Finkler, a local farmer interviewed by Mr Camarasa. "He asked about illnesses we had among our animals, and told us not to worry, he could cure them. He appeared a cultured and dignified man."

Another farmer, Leonardo Boufler, said: "He went from farm to farm checking the animals. He checked them for TB, and injected those that were infected. He said he could carry out artificial insemination of cows and humans, which we thought impossible as in those days it was unheard of."

If his understanding of reproductive science was that advanced as has been claimed. What would have stopped Menegle from implanting his own or Hitler's DNA into his test subjects?

It would be really interesting to see what would be found if someone began genetic testing on the townspeople. .

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Have you heard anymore information on this? You are right, I too have heard for years about 'The Boys from Brazil' but also passed it off as urban legend. Do we have any pictures of the twins?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

The telegraph story has a picture at the top.

I have looked at this several times over the years and every time I revisit it, I can't help but feel like there is something to it. I'll have to go through my backed up hard drives but I have several webpages saved on one of them regarding this as well as the theory that Hitler was in the area as well. There are pictures of the children and I believe one of the doctor, but it's old school grainy so I couldn't tell if it was Mengele. I'll post them as soon as I find them.

Some other articles, with pictures of some of the twins:
NYTIMES
DAILY MAIL

[edit on 12-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well that's a bit creepy right there.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

It Also makes a great book and a B movie.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
why do most of the reports of this case , conveniently ommit that the area is populated by imigrants of greman ancestrory ? and that thiey are physicaly , culturally and genetically an isolated comunity

once you look into it - the mystery largely evaporates

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
why do most of the reports of this case , conveniently ommit that the area is populated by imigrants of greman ancestrory ? and that thiey are physicaly , culturally and genetically an isolated comunity

...and this has what to do with the high number of twins there?

Boys from Brazil was a good book, though I'm not really sure if you can simulate the same events into a Hitler clone and expect the same results. Everyone is different, after all.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

...once you look into it - the mystery largely evaporates

...and this has what to do with the high number of twins there?

Something I was considering as well. A tendency to breed within the local and isolated population might make this uncommon trait more common on its own.

One thing is for sure, Hitler was no icon of the espoused Aryan ideal, so if Mengele wanted Hitler back...fail!

[edit on 9/12/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Maybe it wasn't to get Hitler back so much as to keep Hitler alive. Using Hitler as the father and a "pure Aryan woman" (if there is such a thing) as the mother, maybe the goal was to create enough "pure" body parts that should Hitler ever have, for instance, kidney failure, they just take one off the shelf, er, streets.

Or maybe it's genetics from inbreeding, or maybe it's a mutation from chemical dumping, or maybe it was just a hobby for Mengele. you know like some people play baseball, some people play xbox, some people play god.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The whole Hitler thing is is fiction from the novel.

Mengele really wanted to create super soldiers [UberSoldat] and lots of them. Learning how to create twins and lots of them fast would have provided many children who would later become these UberSoldat!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That is just completely insane!!
The guy kept working at his agenda long after the fall of the 3rd reich,
that is pretty freaky. It sounds like the locals generally liked him and
apparently didn't realize that he was using them as guinea pigs in a sense.
Creepy stuff!

p.s. S&F

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sounds to me like Mr Mengele could have decided to finish his work on his theories.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
don`t forget the `whiter than white` allies used every single piece of research on hyperthermia and decompression he did at Auschwitz for designing pressure suites for pilots , the data from the testing of phosgene gas is in use today in the USA as is all the data from the japanese Unit 731 in biological weapns - in fact the japanese doctors were even pardoned and went on there way.

www.jlaw.com...

malaria? thank the nazi`s for the research into a vaccine

www.scrapbookpages.com...

[edit on 13/9/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Spot on!

Predominantly German farming community. From genetic point of view this explain a lot of "peculiar" population.

And 35% of State of Santa Catarina's inhabitants have german blood. And if you isolate a community ( and you can imagine it becoming very isolated during/after the WWII )

After this little consideration I call this article GARBAGE!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I believe this. And that between South America, and the US, many escaped from Germany, but the Scientists were taken into the US via paperclip. And their already advanced science, which included space travel, was incorporated as well. I wouldnt put it past the US shadow militia to be surrounding free planets right now and attempting to enslave them with their battle ships.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The whole Hitler thing is is fiction from the novel.

Mengele really wanted to create super soldiers [UberSoldat] and lots of them. Learning how to create twins and lots of them fast would have provided many children who would later become these UberSoldat!

Do you have a source to back that statement?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

His point was about the fact that they were blond and hair blue eyed; of German ancestry not mestizo Brazilian.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was reading up on this guy a few weeks ago, and I think you are giving him way too much credit. I think what is more interesting that he survived until 78? And his children live in California. Makes you wonder if Hitler really died in that bunker...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join