It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the sky right now!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Whatever it was it disappeared off my horizon between 9:20-9:30pm. For the record, I was using a compass and it was in the WNW sky from where I was looking. I never saw any red or blue twinkling. It stayed a very bright white for about 50 minutes, and then took on a yellowish/orange tint as it went lower in the sky.

oops

Thats just what happened to me when I went out to look, I am not sure what I just saw.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

[edit on 21-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe its the Federation of Light or Nibiru

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I live in East Texas and it is 8:55 P M central time . I looked outside to the southeastsouth and see a bright star that kind of shimmers or seems to slightly blink. Maybe that is my eyes, but it shimmers more than the other stars. I think it is just Venus. Could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
P.S. : It is about 40 degrees aboce horizon.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by borachon

See, this is why I like ATS, thanks for stellarium! does it do manmade satellites?

I don't know about stellarium, but if you want to find out what satellites are viewable in your area, here is the site:

www.spaceweather.com...

Key in your zip code if you live in the US or Canada, and it will give you all of the satellite flyovers for your zip code for the next ten days.

Ah yes! I like that better then Heavens Gates...I didnt have it bookmarked

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
-sigh- Why are people still guessing what they are looking at?!

www.stellarium.org...

Will answer all your questions.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Whatever it was it disappeared off my horizon between 9:20-9:30pm. For the record, I was using a compass and it was in the WNW sky from where I was looking. I never saw any red or blue twinkling. It stayed a very bright white for about 50 minutes, and then took on a yellowish/orange tint as it went lower in the sky.

We were looking at same thing as well, my viewpoint from TN. I think when it went orange it was from going over the horizon. It was like a floodlight in the sky, I am sure the cold clear night helped alot.

I cant lay it all on the cold though.. seen this bright "thing" well before it became cold in this area.

And yes, have used stellarium for awhile... well at least since I first learned about it on the forums a few months back.

There are actually a few threads on ATS about this... many people have seen this one.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here is a video from my digital camera and shaky hands. Doesn't show much, but I tried to get something...

[IMG" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">i126.photobucket.com... /edgecrusher2199/th_WhiteObject002.jpg[/IMG]]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
-sigh- Why are people still guessing what they are looking at?!

www.stellarium.org...

Will answer all your questions.

What that guy said

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
The one that seems to be flashing red and blue is Sirius. Seriously people,

Curious, Isn't it?

I wonder how Siriusly we should take ti!

jLOL!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I am having trouble with the link you provided.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I never saw any red or blue twinkling from the object I was looking at, just a very bright white ball of light that kept getting bigger and brighter in size and color. As it went lower in the sky around 9:15 EST it started turning towards a yellowish/orange color.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As early in the evening that you saw it...it's Polaris. I'm in W. Ky and it was the only thing in that part of the sky at that time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I am as well. I used the code provided by Photobucket for Forums and Bulletin Boards. Let me try again...

[IMG" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">i126.photobucket.com... /edgecrusher2199/th_WhiteObject002.jpg[/IMG]]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Could you just post the URL? You don't need to embed, I can go to photobucket and see.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Thanks I got it.

So did you see something happen when it disappeared? What I saw was 2 orangish lights, but they moved away from each other. It was very strange looking.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yep, it's Venus.
I have been noticing it for a couple of days and its big and bright as hell.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just received an e-mail back from the head of the astronomy department at the university I attend here in town. He also runs our local observatory as well. He stated he has no idea what I saw based on the same info that I gave here. It isn't Venus, according to him. This leads me to believe that it was one of 3 stars...Sirius, Canopus, or Arcturus. If the object returns tonight I know it's not a UFO.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
reply to post by 12.21.12

s126.photobucket.com...¤t=WhiteObject002.flv

Hey what’s with the Tezla lightning sound affect during the video?
Sound like Frankenstein’s laboratory

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join