It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographs Show A Man Becoming Invisible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I remember this from last August:

Invisibility cloak 'step closer'

Interesting, wasn't that the idea of the original experiments, bending light around solid objects, the problem was not bending time and space at the same time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I have sent a request for assistance to the seller in that auction. We will see if they respond.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

visit the thread i linked to earlier. There is lots of info on that topic there.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey all, look at the PDF file. Look in the upper left corner. You can see a 5, 1956 that is faded on the page. You can also see the words "n the supernatural" behind the Popular Mechanics heading. Is it showing through from the scanner light when the page was scanned? You would think it would be mirrored, but not sure. Anyways, that narrows it down to twelve issues possibly for the year 1956. Perhaps 1934 was written in to purposely mislead everyone?

Also, here's a link that shows the covers for all of the issues every printed:

www.coverbrowser.com...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Hey all, look at the PDF file. Look in the upper left corner. You can see a 5, 1956 that is faded on the page. You can also see the words "n the supernatural" behind the Popular Mechanics heading. Is it showing through from the scanner light when the page was scanned? You would think it would be mirrored, but not sure. Anyways, that narrows it down to twelve issues possibly for the year 1956. Perhaps 1934 was written in to purposely mislead everyone?

Also, here's a link that shows the covers for all of the issues every printed:

www.coverbrowser.com...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Oreyeon]

That is some nice intentive detective work

I have been scanning through all the front cover headlines and cant find a mention of the experiment, you would expect something that groundbreaking to have the whole front cover.

Indeed the date and the authenticity seems to be in dispute!

Regards S_G

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I Googled invisible man and got this
August 11, 2008 posting:
The Invisible Man: A scientific breakthrough

The Invisible Man: A scientific breakthrough

I remember the light channeling block but not the 'rain' coat
although they are in the same news video.

Yes, there is still a trick to that invisibility mechanism which if they
are lucky will be designated to magic acts.
But the acts do so well now why go for something new.
The newbies will get this sold to them perhaps.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Most issues of Popular Mechanics have been scanned into Google Books. Searching for the May 1934 issue reveals the following full text of the issue:

books.google.com...

I think the confusion of page numbers has to do that Popular Mechanics was (maybe still is, I don't know) keeping the page number running throughout the year. So this issue starts on page 597, and has 230 pages.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by RegionalChaos]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I suspect it's that special theatrical lighting effect that is used to make things disappear and reappear. You have a thin, transparent scrim in front of the subject and then subtly change the light levels from behind to in front of the scrim. The subject will "disappear" before your very eyes. I saw it used once in a Star Trek theater show at Universal City to simulate a transporter effect. It was pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Skip to 2:55 in the video

Stealth suit
Stealth suit video

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

You beat me to it (Says see page 655 on the cover)

Nice link though, would have bought it for that price just to get the original article!

Worth a small fortune to us truth seekers.

Regards S_G

[edit on 21-1-2009 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

Ya I was thinking the same thing would have bought it in a second after seeing the front cover with a page number on it lol.

Wonder if we could find out who has it and give them a ring and just ask them to check it out lol

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There HAS BEEN a public declaration of a invisible suit!!!

here it is:

news.bbc.co.uk...

pictures and all!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

"With both hands he touches contact gloves above his head and an electric current is switched on. As the current becomes stronger, it is claimed that the man seems to become transparent, then gradually vanishes, the feet disappearing first, followed by the rest of the body, and finally the head.

This method is not true, and would not work. It is sci-fiction.

Adding electric "current" to a body will only turn it into a light bulb. The resistance in your body would cause you to glow, not disappear. It would kill you too.

You have to remember that everything you see is reflected light. The only way to become invisible is to completely reflect zero light (probably will turn you black), or reflect your surroundings perfectly, or turn your reflected light into a wavelength that is not visible to the human eye.

Any other wavelength besides visible light will probably burn you.

The only possibility of invisibility is going to be found in material science, and nano materials that were designed to reflect light differently.

There will probably never be any possible way to turn a human body itself invisible, that would require every proton, electron, and neutron in your body to loose it's charge, which would destroy you.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

i have sent the buyer an email to inquire. If he responds, i will post the response here.

I think AllisOne has stated a truth, however. Don't hold your breath for the OP's premise.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RegionalChaos

Nice work, it would seem that the page is definately in this issue.

Original page

Interesting that it did not get any more coverage, I cant find anything about this particular device from any other source on the internet.

It would seem to be untrue.

Although strange that there was supposedly an audience and they state that they could still physicaly feel the guy when he became invisible.

I wonder if there is any way of identifying and contacting witnesses?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The article itself reads that the photographs show only what the human eye perceives. That would indicate the photographs are an illusion or a conjurer's trick. I would think if there was a way people could become invisible, there would be much more press about it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

The article itself reads that the photographs show only what the human eye perceives. That would indicate the photographs are an illusion or a conjurer's trick. I would think if there was a way people could become invisible, there would be much more press about it.

Isn't that what becoming invisible basically is? Not being perceived by the human eye?

If you can bypass that (by whatever means) surely then, your have accomplished your aim. The article also states they can feel him, but not see him.

This is 1934, they need an elevator sized box, helmet & suit. What size would the device be now? Thinking of the computers of the 1960's compared to my humble laptop i'm typing on, I would bet very small indeed.

And bending light (similar to the Predator from the movie) could be considered to be an illusion, you would not actually BE invisible, just invisible to the human eye or any other device which uses light to perceive.

This is of course, considering this is all true.

Great thread, looking forward to more and thanks for the heads up to Zorgons posts BFFT, great read.

Marker

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join