It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warming in Antarctica Looks Certain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Carbon credits are a scam.... Even some of the "greenest" people know this. I am all for reducing the use of fossil fuels as it causes not only CO2 but a crap-ton of pollution and poison run-off into our rivers, lakes, and streams.

I totally agree I think we could have better things to be working on instead of this BS
Who came up with that garb in the first place?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
This has happened many times before and if earth is still here , I'm sure will happen again.

It' like the Akido master Uyesaba ( spell check that one ) said if the giant boulder is rolling down the mountian towards you, just step aside and let the boulder roll down the moutian with no harm to self.
It's the same way if Antartica falls in the ocean, just step aside, to side of mountian!

Yes, just step aside.
Hey that PSA should have went out to everyone in New Orleans,
everything would have been so much better.

Akido master says step aside, you are too funny.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Good point thanks for replying.
People just dont stop and really think about this.
Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Real Solutions, Not "paper trading scams"

See these:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

My idea: 2 above ground pipelines from the ocean to the New Mexico desert. Set up shallow concrete trenches covered with glass (that you make out of the sand on site) to limit evaporation. Any extra seawater is put through solar distillation and piped to cities as clean fresh water.

100% domestic production only... once domestic supply is met, any extra can be sold on the open market... since taxpayer money would be used to create this we would pay cost + x% only. Generally non-profit until domestic production goals are exceeded then any extra is exported for sale, otherwise we run into the "paper trading speculation game" as we have seen recently with our $4 a gallon gas.

So, this resource payed for by the taxpayer will be returned to the taxpayer at cost + operating expenses only. Of course this would be hard to do as corporations and politicians would want to make as much profit for themselves as possible with total disregard for the American citizen as usual so the rules would have to be on the books before even starting construction.

And it is Carbon Neutral, what is spent burning is re-absorbed by the next cycle.... Net Zero carbon from this source.

Also see this below

HHO

www.youtube.com...

Garbage Plasma
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

These are Win / Win / Win technologies when implemented correctly. Win for environmentalists as these are all practically pollution and CO2 free, Win for the economy with a ton of new energy production jobs, Win for National Security as we can be 100% energy independent AND even export again.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Very innovative!

But that won’t solve the problem of the oceans rising all over the globe.
Great way to make some money though!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Does anybody take the scientist with a ponytail in the video from the OP seriously? Just wondering. A pontytail?

Ponytail.

These are the same people who chained themselves to garden trees in the 60's, are we supposed to take them seriously?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by leisuredrummer

Hey he looked the part.
I dunno

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I totally agree I think we could have better things to be working on instead of this BS
Who came up with that garb in the first place?

I believe it was started by Al Gore after it was discovered that his carbon footprint was very large, so he made up a shelf company and basically paid himself to pay for his carbon footprint.
Money for nothing, and there are people out there that think this will save us.
a way to ease the public concious and a way for people to get used to Goverment introducing it into our pay packets, those of us who still have a job.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

I believe it was started by Al Gore after it was discovered that his carbon footprint was very large, so he made up a shelf company and basically paid himself to pay for his carbon footprint.

I think the Earths climate is changing but I dont buy everything he has for sale

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer, now we know why the Indians sold Manhaten to the stupid white man so cheap. hey look what stupid white man gave me for swamp.

Really is big problem, but I think it would have happen even if there were no humans on earth, just part of natural cycle.

With the heating up of the entire solar system, it seems this would of taken place reguardless of what man has done.

The earth goes thru many cycles, some long some short, I do not under stand all of these. Some people don't give the Mayan much credit but I think they had a much greater understanding of these things.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Thank you thank you
For discussing this rationally too many assume this is an Al Gore fan club thread or something.
Yes I to think its part of the natural cycle but if this is true we will see the oceans rise and no it won’t be the end of the Earth but mankind will be moving inland and to higher altitudes for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join