It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caroline Kennedy withraws from Senate Appointment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Breaking from Fox News...

Caroline Kennedy has withdrawn her bid to be appointed replacement for US Senator Hillary Clinton's seat, citing 'personal reasons'.

This is good news. She was definitely unqualified, and this serves to break the pattern of oligarchy in US politics.

Time for fresh names, fresh blood.

Edit to add link

www.nypost.com...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would like to see Rep. Peter King appointed to the vacancy. He is intelligent, seasoned, and an excellent candidate imo.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I guess the "You know" ridicule got to her.

two lines.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Could it be that she declined the position because of the families warning across the brow with Ted falling ill after Obamas get together?

My guess anywaze...

Rgds

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Can anybody say Cuomo?

Cuomo!!!

That's where my money would go.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well good for her, with the presence of mind to know the right thing to do, I now think she might make a good senator.

So many are all about the power trip.

Most actually.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Well, if you're referring to the 'Kennedy Curse', then I might agree with you.

So much bad luck befalling a family. It is said it is because of Joseph Kennedy's sins. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

At least with Cuomo he won't just roll over. If he's anything like his father he will be a pain in the butt. I can't stand him but he surely would be better than Caroline!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

She doesn't have any presence of mind. She only withdrew when she found out it wasn't going to be her. She thought she was entitled. The kind of entitled that Reverend Wright talked about. Hillary was accused of feeling entitled...Caroline got up there and SHOWED everyone what believing your entitled looks like. Well you can screw up your little disappointed mug, take it home and get some experience next time you want to be senator. Unless you want to be president, because you don't need too much experience for that apparently. Or a Supreme Court justice. But FORGET about the almight Senate.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My guess is that Gov Patterson, who cant be "blindsided" by public opinion, was leaning to NYAG Cuomo (former Gov's son) and she was leaning towards "saving face" and thus withdrew...but it is just a guess.
In the meantime I suggest that she take some public speaking classes.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Like, really, you know, you know, she wasn't really, you know, good material for a, like, you know, a, you know. a senator.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
She only withdrew when she found out it wasn't going to be her. She thought she was entitled.

EXACTLY! Her ratings in NY were falling through the floor. She did a HORRID job on her state tour. The tide was turning. Her obvious lack of experience and qualifications overshadowed the family name. Then it was decided it wasn't going to be her so she 'withdrew' to save herself the embarrassment.

She's an entitled brat who wanted to save herself a public spanking.

THANK GOODNESS she didn't get it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

To be a Senator you must articulate your positions to the public and your Senate Coleages Democrat, Republican or Independent. I did not see or hear that she could communicate verbally with out saying you know, you know, you know over and over again nervous or not.

To me Caroline Kennedy has been in the backgound when it comes to politics and has not until recently come to the forefront.

Has she had surgery on her nose and is she on some type of medication?
It did not seem to me she was really into being the next Senator of New York but maybe was pushed to the forefront by the Kennedy family to carry on with the Kennedy name in politics.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don't know much about Cuomo, Zindo. Never followed them. I remember when the elder was guv'ner, tho.

Good man?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think with the responses she got on her state tour it became obvious that she was not going to be the popular choice of the people. And lets face facts Patterson wants to be elected as Govenor and like a new President he doesn't want any of his decisiosn to be controversial so he will go with the flow.

She was informed of the fact that Patterson was not going to choose her and in respect for the Kennedy family given the opportunity to bow out gracefully.

It is kind of tragic though that experience no longer matters in the US when running for office . Cases in point Hillary ( being a President's wife should never be considered experience), Obama, Caroline and Sarah Palin.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No, just another Gun grabbing control freek and his son is a chip off the old block. Unfortunaty, NY doesn't seem to have any politicians other than this type.

Zindo

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I knew from the beginning that she was not going to go through this.

I see things a littler bit different, I thing that she was forced by her status and social links in politics to pursue politics.

Why? because she is the only surviving daughter of a famous president, she is the last one in the blood line.

So this would have been in the shoulders of her brother but he pass away to soon too early.

She can not handle this type of job and the pressures of Washington.

Now perhaps this could also mean that she will have more time now to be groomed for something better in the future.

But truthfully I doubt it, she is not politician material.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Housekeeper and Taxes Are Said to Derail Kennedy’s Bid

By DANNY HAKIM and NICHOLAS CONFESSORE
Published: January 22, 2009

ALBANY — Problems involving taxes and a household employee surfaced during the vetting of Caroline Kennedy and derailed her candidacy for the Senate, a person close to Gov. David A. Paterson said on Thursday, in an account at odds with Ms. Kennedy’s own description of her reasons for withdrawing.

wait just a cotton picken second here, didn't they just approve that other guy with the same problems?
Senate Committee Endorses Geithner for Treasury
www.nytimes.com...
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 033131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Caroline is out. THANK GOD! Something went right this year, for once!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
She may have stepped down for now but when ted kicks the bucket guess who will replace him

top topics

<<   2 >>

join