It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does there have to be a conspiracy surrounding JFK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've never understood why there has to be some conspiracy regarding him. I wasn't around at the time but I would think that maybe some person didn't like what he was doing very much as he was doing some contravorsial things and shot him. But I dont' see why people need to obsess over it. I think people should move on from it. I mean you can still talk about the fact that he got shot-- we talk about other Presidents having gotten shot-- but why does it have to be that there was a conspiracy? Either one man did it or a group of people planned it with him but does it matter now? I don't think the government would do it... maybe some defactor would but I don't think the whole government would be planning it... but I doubt that conspiracies would end if he really was assassinated by someone not affiliated with the government or if James Earl Jones (did I get the name right) did shoot him then I don't see how it's so hard to believe that someone who may have not been a good shot could have pulled it off if they really wanted to. Why isn't there a conspiracy surrounding the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan? Does it have to be a conspiracy theory just because he died?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hi there! Two questions: Why was the presidents car, the first in the motorcade? Second question: Why was security pulled off the Presidents car. Secret Service don't make those mistakes. Again, the official story has too many things that don't add up.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Also ,it was Lee Harvey Oswald that allegedly shot him. You should do a little research before you claim, too many conspiracys. Start with checking out Lyndon Baines Johnson before you say Gov't wouldn't be involved. Rumours have it that he had 13 people offed including his sister and her husband. J.F.K. and R.F.K. were investigating him and he was running out of time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Yep why would they get off the motorcade and look confused in doing so. Why did the driver slow down to 10 mph when before going 20? Why did all those people flock to the Grassy Knowl? Because they heared gunshots from that location.

Here's someting interesting, have had family in certain areas of government they never understood how the Secret Service missed all those open windows in the school book depository and other buildings, leaveing those windows open would NEVER happen and why was no secruity in the surrounding buildings?

The Conspiracy

Why would Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald having mafia connections and other high official connections, why would he kill him? and it was not because Ruby was upset, JFK was starting to expose the criminality of that era and pass eras, he threatened the US governments elite and died trying to stop the corruption. RFK and Martin Luther died for the same reasons, because they were showing the corruption of the era.

Rest in Peace JFK....

~TheMythLives

[edit on -06002009-01-21T18:41:38-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoWed, 21 Jan 2009 18:41:38 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Why does there have to be a conspiracy surrounding JFK?

In addition to the abundance of many unanswered questions, there's also the compelling evidence against a lone gunman. This opens the door to so many questions, ifs, buts and maybes.

But I dont' see why people need to obsess over it.

Perhaps you don't feel the same way as I do, but with things like this, I just want to know more... who, how, why... It's like wanting to know who Jack the Ripper was or how the Pyramids were constructed. It's addictive

[edit on 21/1/09 by lizziejayne]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I've never understood why there has to be some conspiracy regarding him. I wasn't around at the time but I would think that maybe some person didn't like what he was doing very much as he was doing some contravorsial things and shot him. But I dont' see why people need to obsess over it. I think people should move on from it. I mean you can still talk about the fact that he got shot-- we talk about other Presidents having gotten shot-- but why does it have to be that there was a conspiracy? Either one man did it or a group of people planned it with him but does it matter now? I don't think the government would do it... maybe some defactor would but I don't think the whole government would be planning it... but I doubt that conspiracies would end if he really was assassinated by someone not affiliated with the government or if James Earl Jones (did I get the name right) did shoot him then I don't see how it's so hard to believe that someone who may have not been a good shot could have pulled it off if they really wanted to. Why isn't there a conspiracy surrounding the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan? Does it have to be a conspiracy theory just because he died?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

When you say ''Government'', you make me think it is a respectable, educated, democratically-electable group of candidates of outstanding moral values over-arching all other citizens that would never execute such a reprehensible action. After all, Government serves the people, not assassinates em'.

Here's a quote I will respectively ask you to research (it's implications) further yourself:

On June 4, 1963, a virtually unknown Presidential decree, Executive Order 11110, was signed with the authority to basically strip the Federal Reserve Bank of its power to loan money to the United States Federal Government at interest. With the stroke of a pen, President Kennedy declared that the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank would soon be out of business.

source

I think the ''ask not'' speech was ultimately directed at the Federal Reserve, ... or, for the people to realise the true debacle of it's purpose!!

Otherwise, you can search the dozens of other reprehensible reasons a ''Government'' would attempt such an act on this person.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Too many points to list, OP. if you're looking for individual opinions ( and seriously, a great many lists of reasons, way to many to actually post- as to WHY exactly), here's one bit to chew on, maybe even laugh over.

The Single-Bullet Theory (or Magic-Bullet Theory, as it is commonly called by its critics) was introduced by the Warren Commission to explain how three shots made by Lee Harvey Oswald resulted in the assassination of United States President John F. Kennedy.

CE399 side viewThe theory, generally credited to Warren Commission staffer Arlen Specter[1] (now a U.S. Senator), posits that a single bullet, known as "Warren Commission Exhibit 399" (also known as "CE399"), caused all of the non-fatal wounds in both President Kennedy and Texas Governor John Connally. (The fatal head wound to the President was caused by a bullet other than this alleged "Single Bullet").

According to the single-bullet theory, a one-inch-long copper-jacketed lead-core 6.5-millimeter rifle bullet fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository passed through President Kennedy’s neck and Governor Connally’s chest and wrist and embedded itself in the Governor’s thigh. If so, this bullet traversed 15 layers of clothing, 7 layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches of tissue, struck a necktie knot, removed 4 inches of rib, and shattered a radius bone. The bullet that is supposed to have done all this damage was found on a stretcher in the corridor at the Parkland Memorial Hospital, in Dallas, after the assassination. The Warren Commission found that this stretcher was the one that had been used by Governor Connally.[2] This bullet became a key Commission exhibit, identified as CE399. Its copper jacket was completely intact. While the bullet's nose appeared normal, the tail was compressed laterally on one side.

In its conclusion, the Warren Commission found "persuasive evidence from the experts" that a single bullet caused the President's neck wound and all the wounds in Governor Connally.

OP, if you're seriously looking for the answers, I suggest you do some reading- a wide scale, gain your own perspective. In the end, you'll believe what you want.

David S. Lifton's book BEST EVIDENCE is decent, albeit I question his validity- and repetitive points.
HIGH TREASON by Robert Groden and Harrison Livingstone is quite a read.
BEHOLD A PALE HORSE by William Cooper, a wonderful read on numerous aspects, a real eye-opener.

However, everywhere you look there are volumes of disinfo.

People can be obsessive for the truth- I am. Good or bad doesn't matter. It means so much because we care. Rent the movie JFK if you're not a big reader. For a movie, still pretty informative, and maybe, just maybe after watching it you'll understand why so many people still care. Maybe you will too.

top topics

join