It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joe Cell and Mythbusters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am unsure whether you, the reader, know of the Joe Cell, but in case you're not familiar, here are a few links to get up to speed:

peswiki.com...:Joe_Cell

www.rexresearch.com...

www.frank.germano.com...

Now for the interesting thing. It occurred to me that the Joe Cell would be the most awesome thing for the Mythbusters to tackle. So a while back I logged on to their forum and suggested it.

Not only was I attacked with shill-like fervor, but the show has blithely gone on as if it didn't exist. (I also discovered that others had suggested it and been equally attacked on the forum and ignored otherwise.)

I guess this post is merely to inform you of my experience, though I would love to hear from my fellow ATSers why they think the Mythbusters don't approach this issue. (Don't say it's because it doesn't work - that's the whole point of the show, after all...to show that things are true or bunk.)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Hey Op.

Could you touch on your opinion(s) on Joe Cells?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Maybe they don't want to take the matter on, for the simple reason that they fear they will not be able to solve it and most of all, being ridiculed.

As if they hadn't allready been so...>_>

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Hey Op.

Could you touch on your opinion(s) on Joe Cells?

Thanks.

Well... My opinion is that they likely do work. They seem to have things in common with Wilhelm Reich's work, as well as Schauberger.

But I wanted to see them either working or debunked - since I have no money to do it myself.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Maybe they don't want to take the matter on, for the simple reason that they fear they will not be able to solve it and most of all, being ridiculed.

Hmmm. That really makes no sense to me - they have taken on some pretty absurd things. And given the extrodinary claims made about the Cell, it should (in a world not driven by suppression of data) pique their interest far more than any of the other things they have investigated.

I suspect they have been instructed to leave it alone and out of public awareness.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Which Mythbusters board ?
( There are a few online after all. )
The 'official' Discovery board is a joke, too many 'arm chair' scientists there.
( Who still are debating Plane On A Treadmill, after the guys did it. )
Try the 'unofficial' board instead, you might get a better reception there.
( It even has an actual Rocket Scientist on it. )

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woulfe

Which Mythbusters board ?
( There are a few online after all. )
The 'official' Discovery board is a joke, too many 'arm chair' scientists there.
( Who still are debating Plane On A Treadmill, after the guys did it. )
Try the 'unofficial' board instead, you might get a better reception there.
( It even has an actual Rocket Scientist on it. )

It was indeed the "official" Discovery board. And I agree that it is a joke. Trying other boards, though likely to generate a better reception, are unlikely to be heeded by the Guys. I mean, at the official board at least it's official. The Guys might gain input from the ideas offered on the board. Not so likely on any unofficial board.

And since I was not looking so much for community agreement as I was for them to actually check it out, I focused my energy on the official board.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I understand your point. [smile]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My guess is that the ratings would suck so they won't do it. If nothing get's blown up or destroyed it's not as fun. To do this correctly would require a lot of instrumentation, especially to obtain accurate energy measurements.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They did do an alternative energy episode and tested perpetual motion devices and water cars etc. I was disappointed they didn't check out the joe cell. They wouldn't be able to get it to work though. Way above their heads. It seems with that show, if it can't be made to work straight away its busted. Just think how long it took the inventors, probably years of experimentation and fine tuning.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Maybe its because Mythbusters dont want to look like they have lost their freaking minds. A Joe Cell sounds like total BS.... Here are some of the attributes listed on Peswiki (which you listed):

The water in the cell is not consumed.

The cell runs cold to the touch.

It takes a period of time before the engine will run from the cell. It then has an erratic power output and works in an intermittent fashion.

When the cell is removed from the car, the engine takes an appreciable time to return to "normal" and run from the original fuel.

If the cell is left in the car for a long period, the engine becomes "charged". From this point, the cell is not required for the motor to run.

All spark plug leads can be removed and the engine will still run as long as the ignition coil and distributor remain functional.

The output of the cell does not have to be connected to the internals of the engine. A close external coupling will do.

The cell requires the "charging" of the water to work.

The requires a specific style of construction, little understood by most constructors.

The source of power for the cell and its use has great value for some individuals. These individuals are creating misinformation, cloaking operations and inducing fear in cell constructors.

Human presence can affect the operation of the cell in a positive or negative way.

Enough said.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Adam & Jamie said that they were finished testing "Oogie-Boogie" myths. I believe it was on the free energy episode. I'm fairly confident that this qualifies as "Oogie-Boogie".

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Why would you want mythbusters to build one? So they can construct it out of scrap parts found at the local dump, construct it incorrectly and say it doesn't work?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Nightchild

Hmmm. That really makes no sense to me - they have taken on some pretty absurd things. And given the extrodinary claims made about the Cell, it should (in a world not driven by suppression of data) pique their interest far more than any of the other things they have investigated.

I suspect they have been instructed to leave it alone and out of public awareness.

well obviously you dont suppose there going to do a detailed investigation into 911 while there at it. see if a plane hitting a building can really bring it down ???

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
My guess is that the ratings would suck so they won't do it. If nothing get's blown up or destroyed it's not as fun. To do this correctly would require a lot of instrumentation, especially to obtain accurate energy measurements.

And I suspect that if they tackled the Joe Cell, their rating would go very high as the many of us tune in who have heard of the Cell and want to see someone give an honest attept to get it working.

As far as materials and equipment...given that they have had a great amount of stuff to accomplish their goals - some costing WAY more than the requirements of the Cell - I can't think cost is a stopper.

And as for "accurate energy measurements..." I don't think that would be necessary (and the Guys have PLENTY of stuff to get accurate reading, anyway). All they would need it to establish ANY energy gain. Any at all. They don't need to show that it is putting out exactly (fill in the quantity).

[edit on 1/22/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

More like their ratings would dip a bit because pretty much nobody outside a very small community of internet users have even heard of the thing. The mythbusters deal in popular myths. Even the airplane on a treadmill thing was far more widespread.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual mythbusting crew has never even heard of the thing. I certainly hadn't before this thread, and I hang out on ATS.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Maybe its because Mythbusters dont want to look like they have lost their freaking minds. A Joe Cell sounds like total BS.... Here are some of the attributes listed on Peswiki (which you listed):

(list of attributes)

Enough said.

Given that they have tackled some very counterintuitive, crazy and silly myths - quite a number that have surprisingly been true - and surely have had no where near the implications that the Joe Cell has, I can't see why they would fear looking like they have lost their freaking minds.

And if they succeed in proving it true... Well then. I think they would be megaheroes.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Why would you want mythbusters to build one? So they can construct it out of scrap parts found at the local dump, construct it incorrectly and say it doesn't work?

[shrug] Well... Yes... They could do that. But those who have a clue about how it should properly be built would see the errors. And if their goal is to discredit (as opposed to really trying it), then they have some issues, eh?

I'm just saying that, of all the stuff out there that one could try and build, the Joe Cell, since it is offered free - as in no patents, etc. - would be the best thing for them to go after.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

More like their ratings would dip a bit because pretty much nobody outside a very small community of internet users have even heard of the thing. The mythbusters deal in popular myths. Even the airplane on a treadmill thing was far more widespread.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual mythbusting crew has never even heard of the thing. I certainly hadn't before this thread, and I hang out on ATS.

I see where you are going with this. But I will say I have been around a while (I'm 52), and yet I see them tackling things *I* have never heard of.

So I have to conclude that the widespreadedness of a "myth" is not a deciding factor. And frankly, I think that there are many that, despite never hearing of the Joe Cell, would be rivited once the claims are explained. I know I would be if I had not heard of it before.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wasn't it mythbusters that messed up their attempt at the Bedini motor and ended up declaring it a myth?

Bedini motors and joe cells are probably just as well known, so the comments about popularity are mute.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Wasn't it mythbusters that messed up their attempt at the Bedini motor and ended up declaring it a myth?

Bedini motors and joe cells are probably just as well known, so the comments about popularity are mute.

Very probably. And to be frank...though I have seen references to the Joe Cell around, I was unaware of the Bedini motor. Must have missed that episode.

Still... I would love it if they at least tried to build a Joe Cell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join