It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban warn Obama: Leave Afghanistan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
"I don't really know what's wrong with people sometimes. WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO RAMP UP ANOTHER WAR. THIS COUNTRY IS TRILLIONS IN DEBT AND IF WE DON'T CURB IT SOON IT WE WILL BE BANKRUPT. Can I make it any clearer than that? This is flagrant stupidity. Stop talking about how Obama should send more troops to Afghanistan. This country can't even afford to pay its own bills right now. Also, I'd love to hear how Obama is going to implement his 'Universal Health Care Plan' when there is no money. People, open your eyes. We can't afford any new programs, or experimental ventures, we must cut billions in expenditure in order to avoid our country collapsing."
WELL SAID & BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE MESS THE UNITED STATES IS IN. I WOULD EVEN CALL THIS PERSON A PATRIOT FOR HIS COUNTRY.
And the above does not account for the US's unpaid contributions to the United Nations & other countries who hold massive US debts in their books, many of them 3rd World countries too.
Besides, why a FEAR of the US joining the International World Court if it is a "Super Power" of any sort? The US is the only country in the world that cannot join the World Court for fear of having myriads of its citizens tried for Crimes against Humanity.
In fact, this is proven beyond doubt in the World Court - link at:
deoxy.org...
This was the verdict of 16 Judges, including 2 US Judges, & compiled by Ramsey Clark of the US.
When will the US realise it is not a World Power anymore. In fact, has never even been one. Just Like Saddam, the US has always claimed to be a Super Power. The US lost in Vietnam (had to retreat), Made a movie about losing in Somalia (Blackhawk Down), Lost Iran to the Ayatollas (Shah's family still survive in the US), and myriads more. Every "Wannabe (sheesh - starts with THE LETTER "dubya") Empire" soon fades into the pages on history as the US is now starting to do (Thanks to the Emperor George "dubya" Bush - or rather this centuries "Burning Bush"). And to be honest, when has the US ever won a war since the last century commencing 1900. It has lost every single one to date, even with people who fight with nothing but stones and slings. The US has no might to boast of. (And please! Do not even think of talking about the Second World War - emerging facts will demolish that argument, especially considering Court cases in the US itself).
So, forget about cleaning & clearing everyone's mess & start with its own house before the US starts what could be known as a "Fourth World Country." Take the decline in its stride, mind its own business & let the world get on with living. As it is today, not one single country in the world believes what the US has said (especially considering the LIES used to go into another country & now admitted by the US after leaks by disgruntled US citizens) & it is one of the few countries no one will back for nothing for decades to come.
So why not do the right thing by its own US Citizens & concentrate on making their lives better. The US has become the "Pariah" of the world in creating LIES & trying to make everyone believe them. Those days are over.
Let Obama salvage whatever respect is left in some far fargotten corner of the world & get on with his job and concentrate on its own problems.
The world does not need the US to create any more new ones.
In fact, now, with the way the economy in the US is at present, almost half the world OWNS almost everything in the US, & what is most dangeraous is the fact that some of the investors are Dictators from tin-pot regimes.
Consequently, it is far better for the US to concentrate on its own backyard rather than poke its nose where it is not wanted.
I am neither Iraqi, nor Afghani, but just an onlooker who sees the mess the US has created for the world & hope that they can, under Obama, salvage their own country & settle their own mess before delving into what they percieve is a mess but in 10 out of 10 cases is the norm of life.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

And based on US records, most of them were smuggled into the US to be used for the development of further armaments!
Now that is ironic.

But before we blame the Nazis, who were tried in the International World Court, why is the US the ONLY country not a member?

Could it be because:

of a DRASTIC FEAR that by the US joining the International World Court, if it is a "Super Power" of any sort,? the US would have myriads of its citizens tried for Crimes against Humanity.
In fact, this is proven beyond doubt at the International World Court Site - link at:
deoxy.org...
This was the verdict of 16 Judges, including 2 US Judges, & compiled by Ramsey Clark, who I believe was the Former Attorney General of the US.

Careful of what you say for it does come back to bite you if your facts are not precise.

In this article, with the International World Court, please note similarities between the US and the Nazi War Criminals before you say what you have done so earlier.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amilaurora

I think that it is funny that you are telling me to be accurate and then you make a huge mistake.

The US is in fact a member of the ICJ, often refered to as the "World Court" even though its official designation is the International Court of Justice. Even worse, you make the statement and then mention that the US has judges that sit on the court. Did it occure to you that only member nations are allowed to seat judges?

The ICJ has the power to settle disputes between nations, including charges of violations of humanitarian rights.

The international body that you intended to mention is the ICC, which is the International Criminal Court. This is the international body which has the power to try individuals. The US is not a member of this body because the US Government views the charter of the court to be a breach of the rights of sovereignty.

US law makes no provision for a foreign court to try individuals. We do have extradition treaties with most countries for acts committed by US citizens while in those countries. According to the US Constitution, the Supreme Court is the ultimate authority and court of last resort for individual crimes.

For the US to sign onto the ICC would require an Amendment to the Constitution. This is unlikely to occure, as no politician would like to explain to his constituents why he thinks that a foreign court should have power over individual US citizens.

We do have a new administration however, and if you think that Barack Obama is open to the idea of joining the ICC, then by all means write to him. I would also point out that it takes an average of 30 years to amend the US Constitution.

All of this is online and freely available for you to check.

I will now express my opinion. I think that it is interesting that one the individuals most mentioned by proponents of the ICC, are Henry Kissinger. Dr. Kissinger is just a surrogate that the Left uses for Richard Nixon. Since Mr. Nixon has passed on, and is thus beyond reach, the Nixon haters now focus on Mr. Kissinger.

Isn't it interesting that Dr. Kissinger is a Nobel Peace Prize winner? Yet, we hear a steady drone of hate, suspicion, inuendo, and accusations against him. Most of this is without documentation, or proof, for actions taken by Dr. Kissinger in a very difficult time, as a US Secretary of State. Do I need to mention that a US Secretary of State has diplomatic immunity that is recognized by the UN and every country in the world? Oops!

At the same time, we hear no outcry to bring former Soviet officials before the court. Even though the Gulag system is fully documented, as are the lists of victims. These individuals were sent to the Gulag, many without trial, to be brutalized, tortured, starved, and worked to death. Most of them died in the system. None of those responsible have ever been tried. There are no plans to do so.

The same is true of China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma, North Korea, and many others. Yet, there is no outcry to bring individuals from these countries before the court. Why not?

Would the US membership in the court, change any of this? Nope.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amilaurora

I looked at the article and there are several assumptions made. First of all the assumption is made that napalm was used on the tank in the photo. What is this based on? The article says that the body was rapidly incenerated. Apearantly the author is either ignorant (or more likely assumes that the reader is ignorant) of what happens to the occupants of a tank when it is stuck by an armor piercing round (not against the GC). The ammunition in the tank explodes and burns and incenerates the occupants so quickly that few can escape. By the way, Soviet built tanks are known to do this.

The article states that "Saddam Hussein announced a full withdrawl from Kuwait". Actually Saddam did not make any such announcement, he was claiming victory and defiance right up to the cease fire. A cease fire that occured AFTER the incident in question.

The article states that retreating soldiers are not valid targets. This is a blatant misrepresentation of the GC. The GC clearly states that soldiers retreating on foot, enemy wounded, and those bearing a white flag of surrender, are non-combatants. Soldiers withdrawing in their vehicles, under arms, are still in the game so to speak. They are valid targets, just as factories, ships at sea (withdrawing to a home port?), and enemy infrastructure are valid targets.

If you would like to debate further on these subjects then I would suggest that you sit down and read the Geneva Conventions.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amilaurora
Could it be because:

of a DRASTIC FEAR that by the US joining the International World Court, if it is a "Super Power" of any sort,? the US would have myriads of its citizens tried for Crimes against Humanity.
In fact, this is proven beyond doubt at the International World Court Site - link at:
deoxy.org...
This was the verdict of 16 Judges, including 2 US Judges, & compiled by Ramsey Clark, who I believe was the Former Attorney General of the US.

Ramsey Clark has a hate-on for the US for one reason or another. He helped defend Saddam Hussein (convicted war criminal) and Slobodan Milosevic (accused war criminal).

Originally posted by amilaurora
Careful of what you say for it does come back to bite you if your facts are not precise.

In this article, with the International World Court, please note similarities between the US and the Nazi War Criminals before you say what you have done so earlier.

That old chestnut. If I had a nickel for every time US forces have been called Nazis (usually by posters that don't have a freakin' clue), I'd be a rich man.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by billybob

Actually, you are wrong.

The Taliban said, "We will never give up our Shiek."

Check it out, it's all online.

actually, you are wrong.

check it out.

it's all online....

answers.google.com...

[edit on 25-1-2009 by billybob]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

OK, I read you link.

It is true that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, the Taliban did make the statements mentioned. They later withdrew any offers to surrender binLaden and they became increasingly beligerant.

It is not surprising, since the Taliban was an active participant in the 9/11 attacks. They even sent their representatives to the US, a few weeks before the attacks, to do recon.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

OK, I read you link.

It is true that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, the Taliban did make the statements mentioned. They later withdrew any offers to surrender binLaden and they became increasingly beligerant.

It is not surprising, since the Taliban was an active participant in the 9/11 attacks. They even sent their representatives to the US, a few weeks before the attacks, to do recon.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

You will not doubt want a link, so here is one.

www.opinionjournal.com...

Note in the story that the Taliban diplomat, stops to stare at the WTC. The author assumes that he is thinking of the first WTC bombing. It is clear to me that he was thinking about the next one.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It's not so much their faith in Allah that prevails here it is the terrain on which they are fighting and know so well,yes it is time to learn the lessons of history.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join