It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban warn Obama: Leave Afghanistan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Did you all notice? The Taliban told Barack Obama to get out of Afghanistan...from PAKISTAN!

I guess that they are leading by example?

We should take that as a sign that we are still kicking the Taliban's ass and that is why they would like us to leave.

They had to learn the hard way that they defeated the Soviets with American money and weapons. They have neither this time around.

If we can keep the Taliban out for another 10 years or so, then Democracy has a real chance there. After all, isn't that what we believe in?

I would also like to point out that the reason we went to Afghanistan, was that little 9/11 thing. No big deal. If we pull out, how long do we have before the next one?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Who are you calling a moron?

No one it was a joke see david's sign.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
They had to learn the hard way that they defeated the Soviets with American money and weapons. They have neither this time around.

If we can keep the Taliban out for another 10 years or so, then Democracy has a real chance there. After all, isn't that what we believe in?

I would also like to point out that the reason we went to Afghanistan, was that little 9/11 thing. No big deal. If we pull out, how long do we have before the next one?

They had to learn the hard way that they defeated the Soviets with American money and weapons.
So America supplied weapons and training to defeat Russia.
So America was funding a terrorist organization from russias point of view,
wouldn't that be considered criminal? funding a terrorist organization.

How can the US then label Iran as supporters of terrorists when they have done exactly the same thing?
The only difference being that Israel was responsible for the creation of Hamas.

Why did you go to Afghanistan when most of the Terrorists where Saudi?
Where was the over whelming evidence that these people where citizens of Afghanistan

This is a random Hijacker I picked first. feel free to look at the others info if you like.

In mid-November, 2000, the 9/11 Commission believes that three of the future muscle hijackers, Wail al Shehri, Waleed al Shehri, and Ahmed al-Nami, all of whom had obtained their U.S. visas in late October, traveled in a group from Saudi Arabia to Beirut and then onward to Iran where they could travel through to Afghanistan without getting their passports stamped. This probably followed their return to Saudi Arabia to get "clean" passports. An associate of a senior Hezbollah operative is thought to have been on the same flight, although this may have been a coincidence.

en.wikipedia.org...

not one mention of Afghanistan, so once again I ask "why was Afghanistan the target when most of the work was being done through Saudi Arabia?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
I don't really know what's wrong with people sometimes.

WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO RAMP UP ANOTHER WAR. THIS COUNTRY IS TRILLIONS IN DEBT AND IF WE DON'T CURB IT SOON IT WE WILL BE BANKRUPT.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by JipStix]

This is unfortunatly very wrong. The US Economy is now alive only because of the wars. Without Iraq war, Us couldnt overcome Nasdaq crisis. Get over it, US build all of its ecomony upon war and arms business. Without war, then everything will collapse. Only option for US is change all of its capitalistic and imperialist contents of its economy. Otherwise, war on Iran, war on this, war on that, as soon as possible.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by deccal]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

may be why Obama is talking about a surge into Afghanistan,

That will help the economy, not for Afghanistan though.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

I say Obama should heed the Taliban's warning. Indeed its similar to Soviet defeat. The best thing Obama can do is pull troops out to save lives and treasury. There is nothing wrong with retreating from a warzone. Obama will be portray as the man who save America from quagmire in Afghanistan. The Taliban has shown that they can never be defeated as long as they have faith in Allah. Destroying those girls' schools in Pakistan shows their determination never to bow down to imperialism.

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Actually, there is something wrong with retreating from a warzone. Running away with our tail between our legs is akin to surrender. It will make us look weak in the eyes of the world and it will encourage other enemies to take advantage.

Don't you remember Somalia?? Sixteen servicemen were killed and their bodies paraded through the streets. Clinton immediately withdrew our troops rather than fight. It was that moment that delivered Osama bin Laden his first victory against the U.S. Osama himself has said that this was the moment he realized that the American people and our government cannot stomach American casualties. All you have to do is kill some troops and we will run away.

It's similar to what happened in Vietnam. If you know anything about history, then you will know that America won virtually every military battle that was faught in Vietnam. Yet, we still lost the war. The American people couldn't stomach the casualties and the years and years of fighting. The North Vietnamese won the propaganda war. They knew that it was more important to win the propaganda war with the American people than it was to win the actual war. And they were right in the end.

To say that what is happening right now in Afghanistan is exactly like what happened when the Soviets invaded is absurd. For starters, the Soviets had something like 20,000 casualties. Comparatively speaking, we are nowhere near that. We have killed way more Taliban and al Qaida than they have killed of us. Although the war is far from over and although it will be a difficult struggle, this war can and will be won if the right decisions are made. The American people need to support our military and we need to understand that it will be a long and hard-fought battle. We cannot change our opinion of the war based on what is reported every night on the nightly news. Our enemy has shown that it has an abundance of patience, something which we do not. We Americans expect everything to be instant and we want instant relief. We are foolish and lazy and we have little foresight.

Don't get me wrong... things are not great in Afghanistan. But we need to give Obama a chance to win this war. We need to let our military take their gloves off and we need to stop micromanaging things from Washington. We can't run away and give up everytime things look bad. I mean, I remember people in the media calling the war in Afghanistan a "quagmire" only a month into the thing! How absurd is that? We were told from the very beginning that this would be a long battle, and we need to accept that or there is little chance of victory.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
TYPICAL YANKS, WHEN THE TUFF GET GOING THE YANKS RUN AWAY AS USUAL

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

No I am pleased to say that the RAF who ruled the skys in the BOB put a stop to Hitlers plans for our little Island.My grandfather and countless other service men also made sure that the German war machine couldnt steam roll over our beutifull country

Thanks for helping us out anyway,you took your time but us limeys welcomed your arrival and Hitlers mad moment in poking the Russian bear

Now back on topic-We should pull out,its pure madness to stay there and lose troops.The 9/11 terrorists were bleeding Saudi's,but our bogey man was in that country and that ment the whole country was a target?
The Talliban at the time before the war said they would give us Bin Laden if there was proof he was involved in the horrific twin towers event.For some reason the American Goverment wouldnt show them the proof,and instead did the normal high altitude bombing against people in pickup trucks and AK47's.

The more one looks at it,the more one sees oil companies dictating foreign policy.Just to insult us more,the current afgan president used to be on Unocals pay roll!

www.scoop.co.nz...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I don't have the time nor the interest in rehashing the history of the war in Afghanistan. Let me just remind you that it had a little something to with the fact that Osama bin Laden was in Afghanistan. We said, "Give him up, or else." The Taliban chose the "or else". They got exactly what they asked for.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Source: US National Debt

Yes we can afford anything. No problem. Spend! Spend!

Nevermind the fact that for the first time in American history, our debt has passed our GDP. Nevermind our failing financial system.

@Cognoscente

You really think countries are going to hold onto assets in US Dollars much longer? I don't know if you realize this, but the United States of America is on the verge of collapse. It is on the verge of defaulting on its debts to foreign investors.

You really think countries and private entities are going to hold onto the US Dollar when it becomes toilet paper? You really think NOTHING can change the US Dollar being the international reserve currency?

Countries are already talking about dumping dollar assets because the see what's coming down the road. More bailouts, more giveaways, the Fed printing more money to try and stem the financial Tsunami from obliterating the entire economy. It's called INFLATION, and countries will DUMP US DOLLAR ASSETS when the dollar becomes worthless!

Nothing to force this country into bankruptcy? How about a currency backed by nothing, put on a pedestal, and now crashing to the ground?

This country is on the verge of bankruptcy!!! Are you blind?!

Also, how can a government tax its people when the people are going bankrupt? There will be a tax rebellion, or a revolution if they try to tax people into the ground. If that's what the government wants, it's what they're going to get, but I think the better solution would be to pay off the national debt.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Their remarks come as militants in neighboring Pakistan widened a bloody campaign in the country's North West Frontier Province, blowing up girls' schools and engaging in pitched battles with Pakistani military forces.

Geez

Yeah like they really have a good threat there, They are not even saying this from Afghanistan but from a mountain hilltop in Pakistan. Yeah lets make threats from across the border and then blow up a girls school to scare people.

The Russians hardly had any support from most of Afghanistan at least we have a good percentage of the population who want help us fight the mostly Foreign Taliban.

Yes most of the Taliban are foreigners to Afghanistan.
Mostly made up of Muslim fanatics from around the Gulf.
Besides Maybe we Americans are not the only ones they should be afraid of AYE?

Canadian Army Vs. Taliban Insurgents

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I wouod not heed the Talibans warning. They are the enemy of all good inoncent living in a free society. I beleive we should fight Taliban to its end and is possible Nuke Iran and its autorcrtic dictator.

to see more about me on my blogs an web page go to www.johnsunolstaxiservice.com.au/

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am a muslim and what most Americans do not realize the Taliban is not fighting for religious reasons alone they are fighting because they do not like the ethnic mix that makes up the Loya Jirga it is very inclusive Tajiks, Hazara, Uzbeks and a majority Pashtun
and is representative of Afghanistan unlike when they ruled. The truth is the Taliban is not Al Qaeda they are Afgans just because we dislike them does not make them non-existent Obama Knows and will negotiate a amnesty for all who turn over their weapons and renounce violence but for this to work he will need them to turn over Bin Laden and Zawahri . The Saudi's will help because oil is cheap and it is not being bought a double whammy they know where he is . The Insurgency in Iraq lost killing many more muslims then Americans The same holds true in Afghanistan. Pakistan will collapse if the US leaves Afghanistan this as good certain only with stability in both can we rid our selves of terrorism .

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Damnit. What is wrong with people. WE CANNOT CONTINUE ON THIS PATH. WE HAVE NO MONEY!!!

Funding wars will save us?? Yeah it's doing a great job right now isn't it?

Time to leave your state of denial and face up to the fact that we are tanking as a country and we have to change NOW.

There is no justifying war and/or saving the world anymore in your minds. It doesn't matter. THERE IS NO MONEY.

Worry about your own children and grandchildren!!!!! What is wrong with everyone!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I really don't know. I keep stating an obvious fact and people are still trying to argue that we should be increasing troop strength in Afghanistan...

The 800lb gorilla is laughing his ass off right now. People are just ignoring the fact that our country is on the verge of bankruptcy, and keep-on debating minute details.

I guess they'll see soon enough if we can't convince them now, and then we can say "I told you so."

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

I guess they'll see soon enough if we can't convince them now, and then we can say "I told you so."

That's the problem. I don't want to say that.

damnit!!!!!!
I'm going to be bald if this keeps up.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ironic realy. They want to invade iran because they are "so called" afraid he might use nuclear weapons. And they stand there to invade with nucleair weapons. I Think, who the hell America think he is...... Leave those people alone. Strive for a better world without to have to go to work from 9 to 5 or worse. Go back to nature. Proper education how to plant foods and such.
Remaining time to develop what or how you like. I think this is possible with todays technology that's spread out all over the world. AND MOST IMPORTANT... LOSE THE MONEY SYSTEM.... AND RELIGION....BUT BRING IN KNOWLEDGE FROM ALL TIMES.
It's time to plunder the vatican of it's ancient technologies and knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
80% of Afghan marriages are by force. And now you guys think we should just leave?

...and 100% of the financing of all these damn wars and humanitarian interferences and aid packages coming out of this nation (the USA) are by force. That money is being forced away from us, the American tax payers, and I honestly see very little difference from the rapes that occur between an Afghan man and his unwilling bride on their wedding night and the raping of our country's wealth by people like Barack Obama who not only want wealth redistribution within the borders of America, but actively endorse it to be spread from this country into foreign lands.

I'm sorry, BH, but your logic on this SUCKS. That sob ran on a platform of America ending it's militaristic interference in the Middle East and yet here he is further jamming our hands into another cookie jar in that God forsaken cat box of a region. It's crap, pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If we are in Afghanistan to fight terrorism then why should we leave? Aren't the Taliban a threat to the U.S.?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by munkey66

I don't have the time nor the interest in rehashing the history of the war in Afghanistan. Let me just remind you that it had a little something to with the fact that Osama bin Laden was in Afghanistan. We said, "Give him up, or else." The Taliban chose the "or else". They got exactly what they asked for.
you couldn't find him. who is to say they couldn't find him either?
that argument means that you went to war over 1 man, surely with a bit of patience and advanced technology you could have found him and got rid of the problem, or perhaps hold members of his family as hostages rather than fly them out of the country.
so instead of holding just a few ransom, you hold an entire country at ransom for one man.

BTW, have you got him yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join