It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban warn Obama: Leave Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by munkey66
1996-2001 is when the taliban ran the show and in 2001 production was almost wiped out, take a look at cultivation levels now. highest they have ever been.

Did any reading about the Taliban?

Sure, they wiped out the poppy.

They also closed movie theaters, banned music, stopped people from displaying pictures or portraits, made people black out their windows so no one could see any women, kept girls from going to school, or home school them, pretty much wiped out anything that had to do with culture.

Oh, and slaughtered 8000 civilians in Mazar-i-Sharif, among other places.

So why isn't the US in Darfur?
Darfur region of western Sudan, where up to 300,000 people have died and more than two million have fled their homes since 2003
300,000 is a lot more than 8,000 innocent people.

Do you honestly think that any world leader is going to tell the public the reason they are going to war wih a country is because of its wealth and how they want it?
I don't think so, so they make up strange reasons like WMD's, regime change, links with Al Qaed or my favorite , "well he did try to kill my daddy" as an excuse to take control of a region and divide up the wealth.

Britain didn't cross oceans just to look for a sod of soil, they wanted to be the biggest and most powerful empire in the world, the US is having a red hot go at it now, it can't just walk in like the Btitts did, we are far more civilized than that now.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Great post stacie. I think that post is worth a thread by itself.

I really couldn't agree more. It's time for the US to quit over-expanding itself by being a world police and to bring everyone home. It has to be done. There is no other option right now.

If we cannot save ourselves we will never be able to help others. This just can't be ignored anymore. It's reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So why isn't the US in Darfur?
Darfur region of western Sudan, where up to 300,000 people have died and more than two million have fled their homes since 2003
300,000 is a lot more than 8,000 innocent people.

I don't know. How come the US didn't go to Rwanda?

Do you honestly think that any world leader is going to tell the public the reason they are going to war wih a country is because of its wealth and how they want it?

So that's the only reason the US is in Afghanistan? For their wealth?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Like Dooper said, how come everyone screams for the US to get out of whatever country, and then when there's some sort of crisis, they complain because we aren't in there doing something?

They want the US out of Iraq. They whine because the US wasn't in Myanmar, Dafur or Rwanda (even tho we should have been in those last two countries).

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
Mother of god... Stop putting words in my mouth.

#1. I do not support universal health care. I never said I supported universal health care. Apparently you didn't read my posts. I said we don't have money to spend on anything new, ESPECIALLY UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE.

#2. WE ARE TRILLIONS IN DEBT. OUR COUNTRY WILL BE BANKRUPT IF WE DON'T CUT THE MILITARY AND CIVILIAN BUDGET. No new programs, no new military campaigns, no ESCALATIONS of existing military campaigns.

#3. I do not support bailouts IN ANY FORM. LET THE DAMN COMPANIES FAIL FOR MAKING POOR BUSINESS DECISIONS.

#4. THIS IS REALITY. If the USA does not drastically reduce its debt, our country will implode, split into regions, and be subjugated by our debtors. We don't have a damn choice! We could fight them if they threatened military invasion, but that would likely start WWIII. You can't even argue that we should begin new programs or continue wars like the one in Afghanistan BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO DO SO.

Also, the reason it would cost more money to fund the war in Afghanistan is because we would be dropping million dollar bombs, missiles, expending enormous amounts of fuel, buying new equipment for our troops, etc...

Just because we have bases in an area of operations doesn't mean costs disappear. It costs money to operate a military, it costs money to bribe warlords, it costs money to operate intelligence services, it costs money to BORROW MONEY from other countries and the Federal Reserve to fund these operations. The more we spend, the harder it will be for the country to crawl out of the hole it's in.

So don't sit there and tell me it's necessary for us to escalate fighting in Afghanistan. It's not necessary, and more importantly, WE CANNOT AFFORD IT, PERIOD!

Relax, Gus. You'll vaporlock.

Troops are already in Afghanistan. The infrastructure is already built. Troops levels can be raised, but since we wouldn't be supplying troops to Iraq, too, a lot of the guard and reserve guys can be released, saving money.

Sure, it costs money. Like I said, you don't want to go to war on the cheap. What, just tell the guys to double up a few sheets of cardboard for body armor?

I agree that there are a buttload of economic problems going on in the world (not just the US), but don't you think that just pulling guys out of every country in the world and becoming isolationists is the answer?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I can't answer for everyone. I can only answer for me. That is how some people think. Maybe they don't realize how much trouble the country is in right now...I don't know...I can't vouch for them and i can't answer that for you.

But above all it doesn't matter where we go and where we don't go...the argument doesn't matter anymore....we don't have the money and we need to stop.

That's it. There is really nothing more I can say to you on this,

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

So that's the only reason the US is in Afghanistan? For their wealth?

No
They are in Afghanistan as a base to attack Iran.
thats why they want Pakistan to, as another base.

Israel has its job to do with Gaza, Syria and Lebanon.
The US doesn't want its troops attacked from behind as they are going after Iran from Iraq.

So the US could have a 3 pronged attack in Iran, from Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
That is why there will be a surge into Afghanistan, more troops on the ground, more weapons on the ground and closer to Iran as they can get.

How big are the US bases in Iraq?

Get control of Iran and you have pretty much got control of the ME, Israel will have more power and be supported even more from the US basically froming a new US in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i hope obama has the balls to do whatever it takes to strike and defeat terrorism where it breeds and should have been unbred many years ago...........a quick scan from some of the links here show a focused and determined effort to on "Afghan Security Forces" to kill or capture terrorist leaders going on right now.............does anyone know just how deep America is involved with or alongside these "Afghan Security Forces?"......

[edit on 21-1-2009 by prjct]

[edit on 21-1-2009 by prjct]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
here's some interesting "good" news -

AP adds: Russia and neighbouring Central Asian nations have agreed to let supplies pass through their territory to American soldiers in Afghanistan, lessening Washington’s dependence on dangerous routes through Pakistan, a top US commander said.

US Central Command chief Gen Petraeus said that America had struck deals with Russia and several Central Asian states close to or bordering Afghanistan during a tour of the region in the past week. “We have sought additional logistical routes into Afghanistan from the north. There have been agreements reached,” Petraeus said.

from - www.thenews.com.pk...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

Russia isn't stupid, It wants to see how much fire power is being brought into the region.
now they don't have to rely on others for the information, they can just count the trucks themselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

"We have no problem with Obama," a spokesman for the extremist Islamist movement [said]

That quote says it all right there. They know Obama is terrorist friendly I guess. Is it possible that people have forgotten that the Taliban and their friends Al Qaeda were responsible for attacking the US? As far as I can tell the guilty parties have not yet been brought to justice. I am for leaving Afghanistan once Osama and his minions have been destroyed.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Seven, in truth, we have no idea what this Obama is going to do. He's never, ever had a real job. He got elected through the corrupt Chicago political machine, where you pay to play.

He has no track record anywhere. His voting record is mostly, "Present."

On any topic one can select, he's spoken on two, and three sides, so we don't know what to expect.

He may be a good President, and he may be a complete disaster.

Waiting to find out is some scary $#!T.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

"We have no problem with Obama," a spokesman for the extremist Islamist movement [said]

That quote says it all right there.

I would really like to see the source of this information.
could you please supply a link.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree in part. There may be some scary radicalism coming down the pike. We know for example that his abortion radicalism will greatly increase the slaughter of the unborn. In fact the new laws go so far as to require abortion in the cases of incest, rape or genetic defects. That's worse than China's laws. Required abortion for people deemed not worthy to live.
www.fightfoca.com...

However I note that Obama has surrounded himself with die hard consumate insiders from prior left wing administrations, especially various Clinton cronies. I personally think, as it was with Bush, it will be business as usual. Thus no radical notion put forth by Obama will threaten the oligarchs, their power base or their finances.

Thus there will be no new tariffs, no tax reform and certainly no free market reforms, which is what our economy needs.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
reply to post by jerico65

Nothing says "we are a free country, the largest democracy" like going on a killing tour in countries like:
Vietnam
Greece
Dominican Republic
Guatemala
Laos
China
North Korea
Bolivia
El Salvador
Cambodia
Chile
Uruguay
Cyprus
Angola
Nicaragua
Zambia
Grenada
Lebanon
Lybia
Lebanon
Haiti
Iran
Panama
Bulgaria
Somalia
Zaire
Congo
Quatar
Sudan
Yugoslavia
Nigeria
Afghanistan
Yemen
Philippines
Venezuela
Zimbabwe
Iraq

Bloody hypocrite yank

you missed one you hypocrite limey

England

If our troop had not gone there you would be a German colony

[edit on 21-1-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
I don't really know what's wrong with people sometimes.

WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO RAMP UP ANOTHER WAR. THIS COUNTRY IS TRILLIONS IN DEBT AND IF WE DON'T CURB IT SOON IT WE WILL BE BANKRUPT.

Can I make it any clearer than that? This is flagrant stupidity. Stop talking about how Obama should send more troops to Afghanistan. This country can't even afford to pay its own bills right now.

Also, I'd love to hear how Obama is going to implement his 'Universal Health Care Plan' when there is no money.

People, open your eyes. We can't afford any new programs, or experimental ventures, we must cut billions in expenditure in order to avoid our country collapsing.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by JipStix]

Bankrupt? The last time I checked the international currency standard was in U.S. dollars. As long as the U.S. maintains global military hegemony, and as long as the government is still capable of taxing its citizens to the extent it is today, there is nothing with enough force to bankrupt the country, or to change international perspective of the validity and integrity of the America dollar. It is quite interesting that the more the U.S. goes into debt, the more foreign countries purchase U.S. treasuries.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

you could also assume that the countries buying the securiteis may ask for their money back.
Have you ever had a mortgage? do you know what happens when you can't pay back the loan.

Hope you can speak Chinese because they may be your new landlords.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I don't believe the redistribution of existing military resources to Afghanistan will be a very significant factor in the expansion of the national debt.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I'm from Canada. Does this mean we will finally have permission from our allies to quit protecting the opium fields?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I agree...get out of the middle east...

We are in an economic crisis- the U.S. needs to shield itself from the world if only for a moment to focus on itself for once...

You can't save lives if your dying.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join