It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Lift Ban on Funding for Groups Providing Abortions Overseas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I'm fine with things like birth control and would donate myself. I just don't want the government using my money for something I believe with all my heart to be wrong.

I am for choice but I believe it should be paid for by private donation from those who do not believe it is murder. Is that too much to ask of a reasonable, rational person? Why is this not stomping all over my beliefs, my rights?

The Government needs to stay out of this. Doctors should be able to choose whether or not they want to do these procedures. These are reasonable requests.

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Good for Obama. Abortion is legal. And morals cannot and should not be legislated. IF we're giving money to other countries for medical care, abortion shouldn't be excluded.

Critics of the Mexico City Policy refer to it as the "global gag rule", arguing that, in addition to reducing the overall funding provided to particular NGOs, it closes off their access to USAID-supplied condoms and other forms of contraception.[12] This, they argue, negatively impacts the ability of these NGOs to distribute birth control, leading to a downfall in contraceptive use and from there to an increase in the rates of unintended pregnancies and abortion.[12] Critics also argue that the ban promotes restrictions on free speech as well as restrictions on accurate medical information.[13][14][15][16] The European Parliamentary Forum on Population and Development presented a petition to the United States Congress signed by 233 members condemning the policy. The forum has stated that the policy "undermines internationally agreed consensus and goals".

Source

I can see it now, the US provides aide and contraception to war torn countries. How many of you think those supplies, dollars, drugs whatever form of aide we give, is ever going to make it to the people that need it the most?

Understand, I am all for birth control and education, but I do not support
abortion.

It's commendable that you do not support such a thing but like so many have stated it is your choice so stop pushing your own choices, Ideals on others let them decide what to do with their lives. Some might say it's not the greatest choice to make but it IS their choice nontheless.

Our money should be spent here at home, our country needs to keep its noses out of other countrys as we have a hard time keeping the one we have running like it's supposed to be and for pete's sake leave the ant-choice issues out of goverment who is anyone think they are taking choices away from an invididule when it is their god given right to make that choice and not yours!!! It's good that Obama did this just not good that the money will not be used in our own country.

Pro-Choice!!
Moraly Superior Busy Body!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i]Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

If you don’t want one of the most privileged countries in the world to help out less fortunate countries that’s fine. Take it up with just about everyone in the government, Obama is not the only one who approves of such funding, most politicians do in some way with some thing. I’d love for you to be able to say give them my money for birth control but not for the abortions but that is simply unrealistic thinking. That’s simply not the way this kind of funding works, and that is not Obama’s fault. If you wish to have this changed, then again, take it up with every politician, try and have it reformed, but don’t blame him for the way the these things work, that’s the flow of the system.

Doctors should be able to choose whether or not they want to do these procedures.

Where in this instance are doctors being forced to do anything? I’m not sure where you get that from.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Also just because you believe something to be wrong with all of your heart doesn’t mean you can protest the funding, even if it is partially made up from your tax dollars. I don’t support the war in the Middle East; some people don’t support social security. Just because you’re against it doesn’t mean you have a right to be taken off the taxing list. That’s not how a government operates; again this is not Obama’s fault.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
lol wow

i was wondering why the other new obama threads were only 2-3 pages, now i know why. not enough fuel for those fires, the haterade is being served here.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
More life has been terminated by abortions in the last 30 years then life lost in all the wars in history
The most dangerous place on earth to be right now is inside a mother’s womb
The most modest estimate of world abortions

Approximately 26 million legal and 20 million illegal abortions were performed worldwide in 1995
www.guttmacher.org...

So around 46 million just in one year! Times that by 30
1380 million and that’s modest! and not taking into account the increase of abortion rates over the last 14 years

I don’t think the supporters of abortion realize its murder but most just don’t want to admit it because the blood is on their hands
Anyone who openly supports it is not a Christian and Obama has shown his true colors with this his first act as President

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

Again with this self-righteousness, it’s what has the world slowly turning away from your religion; this is why it is steadily decreasing. Check out a site that has been monitoring this some day and you may be sadly surprised. The majority of the world is not Christian, and a good amount of the Christians are pro-choice. You don’t get to decide what murder is, you don’t get to decide what a true Christian is, and you can wish for the world to bow on its knees for a conservative section of one religion, but it’s never going to happen. Accept reality, and get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

reply to post by lynn112

Ok let me ask you this, then why was it perfectly acceptable and not even mentioned here or anywhere when bushes first act , the first thing he did day one upon his election was to end this aid? I was fighting it for all it was worth, (online activist stuff) but it was a blinding defeat, one that greatly affected millions of lives since that decission was made.

It was a very sad day for the American aid workers, who worked with these women, the education process was second only to the passing out of contraceptives.
Reply to antar

"one that greatly affected millions of lives since that decission was made."

Yes, millions got a chance at life.

Do you realize how many millions of children have been slaughtered since the aid stopped? Do you realize how many cowards have raped and dismembered innocent lives because of the overpoulation and disease, starvation? Get real. You are living in your parents fantasy world of how you want things to be. If you are so saintly and virtuious, take a trip overseas and visit a few of the areas where the aid stopped and see what is left. It is our fault. And it will be corrected and we will begin to be whole.same con-gre=gation. Right? If we cannot be converted to your reli Oh but you already see flames before anyone that does not think as you or attend the gion then let us be born but then you will be singing with your angelic voice on sunday as we are slaughtered by apathy. You are not safe, no baby is safe, this issue is about contraceptives and condoms, you choose to rant about the abortion issues. Would you like to die tomorrow and be reborn into one o f the mothers wombs who were raped by hundreds of insane men, filled with disease and no medical care? This is what you stand on your podium and prasie as Gods will for man.

antar, try if you possibly can to be civil and stop attacking the poster and
focus on the post.

If you could step back from your rabid vitriol, you would see where I have posted my opinion on birth control. The thread whether you choose to see it or not is called "Obama to Lift Ban on Funding for Groups Providing Abortions Overseas". Therefore, if we choose to talk about abortion or "rant " as you say, then guess what? We are allowed. I should know I started the thread. I would appreciate if you would stop deprecating my beliefs and judging me. You don't. You made some snide comment about "what could I possibly know about saving lives?" If you knew me you would know that I have been a level 1 trauma nurse for 15 years. I've actually saved lives, that was my job. I also volunteer at the CPC so I happen to know something about unwanted and unplanned pregnancy. See that is 2 things you were wrong about concerning me.

Now back on topic:

"Do you realize how many millions of children have been slaughtered since the aid stopped? Do you realize how many cowards have raped and dismembered innocent lives because of the overpoulation and disease,"

So your answer to millions of children being slaughtered is to slaughter millions of MORE children.

"Oh but you already see flames before anyone that does not think as you or attend the con-gre=gation. Right?"

What in the hell are you talking about?

"Would you like to die tomorrow and be reborn into one o f the mothers wombs who were raped by hundreds of insane men, filled with disease and no medical care? This is what you stand on your podium and prasie as Gods will for man"

Glad to know you know the mind of God! Funny, I didn't get that with all your Godless rambling.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So you and the people you support that flush unborn babies down the toilet get to decide what murder is and isn’t?
Self-righteousness? So pointing out some facts makes me self-righteous? or is it that the statistics hit a nerve you’d rather not think about?
No, if a Christian supports abortion I’m afraid they don’t know the Man that they say they follow
As for the numbers of true Christians decreasing, well that is expected and foreseen by Christ and St John as the tribulation is near, the cup is overflowing and all those parents that would rather murder their own seed then accept the responsibility for their own actions will not have the choice to discard the price of their sin.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

1. Where did I ever say I decided what murder was? No, you with your arrogance did that, I haven’t said a word about murder other than when I corrected your arrogance and ignorance.

No, if a Christian supports abortion I’m afraid they don’t know the Man that they say they follow

And you do? If you did you would know that the bible based on your religion says that is between the believer and God, not you or your church or you and your church’s ideals.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by paxnatus

Like you who admits to having 3 such unnecessary abortions before you found God? Pffft! Who's the hypocrite?
"I judge no woman who has had an abortion, or two or 3 (as I had before I came to understand the truth). I simply say to you."

Are you an uneducated person? I have had no abortions you twisted the meaning of what I wrote. I was referring to judging other woman based on their choice. I judge no one for their choice to abort, but it is not a decision I support.

Antar, What you posted was wrong and slanderous. Do not ATTACK me again.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Im arrogant and ignorant for taking an opposing position to yours? That’s amusing

"And you do? If you did you would know that the bible based on your religion says that is between the believer and God, not you or your church or you and your church’s ideals.'"

Christ is my God and his words are well documented, you should try and read some so you might have a better understanding of Christianity

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yesterday there was a post that asked: Are you crying? I can answer with a very emphatic no!! I am too infuriated to cry.

So now if I am understanding this correctly Obama is taking "our"money and sending it overseas to provide funding for non-governmental groups that perform abortions.

I know most of you will say this is just politics as usual. I say maybe, but it sickens me to think this was one of the FIRST things he did in office. He wasted no time on that one! Which is further proof for me, who Obama really is.

How is a man that places no value on human life going to have mine or your best interest at heart? He's not!!

If I don't support this in my own country? Why the hell would I support it in another?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 01/12/2009 by paxnatus]

Look HONEY... My mom was adopted by my GRANDMOTHER because my GRANDMOTHER was rendered infertile by the procedure. IF

IF my Granny did not adopt my mom - my mother and father would not have met and I would not have been born. You assume god does not have a plan - or - you assume to be the keeper of gods plan.

If you are a real Christian - then fear not - Heaven is between you and god. Why don't you worry about someone with a name , who is hungry or in need of a parent.

IF MY GRANNY DID NOT HAVE AN ABORTION WOULD IT HAVE BEEN MURDERING ME???

Was that fetus or me more important?

Because either way one of us would have been out LIFE.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My belief that unborn babies are just 'empty shells' until actually born, is in my opinion, no more valid than your belief in that it's murder. Both based on absolutely no facts -- just our beliefs. If we're both entitled to have and defend our beliefs, why can't we give everyone else that same chance? If we want to move towards a world where we are truly free -- we need to allow for everyone to be able to make their own decisions, with all options on the table, based on their own beliefs.

This might not help America anytime soon with the economy or such -- but I believe it will help the World become a more peaceful place in the long term, which affects everyone.

[edit on 22/1/09 by Navieko]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by paxnatus

Like you who admits to having 3 such unnecessary abortions before you found God? Pffft! Who's the hypocrite?
"I judge no woman who has had an abortion, or two or 3 (as I had before I came to understand the truth). I simply say to you."

Are you an uneducated person? I have had no abortions you twisted the meaning of what I wrote. I was referring to judging other woman based on their choice. I judge no one for their choice to abort, but it is not a decision I support.

Antar, What you posted was wrong and slanderous. Do not ATTACK me again.

Once again - please - If my Granny did not adopt my mother from SEATLE - To TAKE her to LA - to meet my father in NY 20 years latter by a freak accident - would that be the murder of me??? How about my kids???
and their kids???

IT was gods plan - Do you know better????

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
OK, Great. Now we are paying for abortions in Africa, Asia, and South America!

Now that is "Change We Can Believe In!"

Is this what the election was all about? Giving free abortions to women in the Third World?

How about we work on jobs, food, housing, and Federal Spending?

How about that?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
OK, Great. Now we are paying for abortions in Africa, Asia, and South America!

Now that is "Change We Can Believe In!"

Is this what the election was all about? Giving free abortions to women in the Third World?

How about we work on jobs, food, housing, and Federal Spending?

How about that?

HOW about having a billion more hungry mouths to feed and then saying "protect life"-
Take responsibility for yer self...

YUUUMMMMMMM maggot dirt water! I'm so happy to be alive with my fifteen brothers and sisters.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What is wrong with you people that don't want foreign abortions? There is all this crying about how there are too many people in the world, which a huge majority are hungry, have no shelter, no clothes, no rights, no nothing. By providing abortions to those who cannot afford one is a gift. Everyone is sooo defensive of an unborn fetus...but after the baby is born, it is simply forgotten about. Any baby that is aborted by the mother, is an UNWANTED child...remember that!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
“HOW about having a billion more hungry mouths to feed and then saying "protect life"-
i can not believe what I’m reading, so you admit abortion has taken a billion or more lives, and you justify this by saying how would we feed them?
Maybe all those obese Americans could spare a hamburger or two, but no we’d rather abort life
Maybe all the greedy oil companies could stop using food crops to run soccer mums SUVs, but no we’d rather abort life
Maybe all those would be parents could get a job settle down and take some responsibility instead of uni aspirations, trips to Europe, new car, new home, new clothes, new plasma screen TV,,, but no we’d rather abort life

Funny thing is while stupid self absorbed westerners are aborting their offspring, the Asian and muslim nations are breeding like crazy and just moving right into the places in western nations where the aborted would and should be

This selfish, selfish mentality bring about only its own destruction!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
american would be parent i meant

because americans are aborting we'd better even out the numbers is that the mentality?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join