It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Lift Ban on Funding for Groups Providing Abortions Overseas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is good. It will reduce the number of blackmarket abortions.
Have you ever seen a picture of a blackmarket, hotel room abortion?
Google it, I dare you.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

When the nukes start flying and all out loss is eminent, what will you be eating?

We are at a precipice in our world, our planets history, and the doo gooders and the evil minions of the lower astrals will continue to think for themselves, and to hell with the rest.

Limited thinking, selfishness and abandonment of the most critical needs of the most helpless cannot be allowed to continue. We are going to take back this planet and move forward together as a human species or we are going to all perish together.

So what say you, a Golden future or total annihilation of the entire planet a hundred times over?

Do you really think that you will attain to a heaven up there somewhere when you cant even make this planet less of a hell?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
Our national debt is climbing to unseen levels, our people are having a hard time meeting very basic needs & yet one of his first moves as POTUS is to send our money overseas to fund ending life.....

And this is different from any other adminstration how?????

What a lovely way of forcing tax payers into supporting abortion whether they want to or not.

You are describing war here. Do you believe in war?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
For all those wondering about abortion and why I am against it. Let me say
this is not to start a religious debate but truly define my personal opinion as to why I think it is wrong.

The greatest gift God gave mankind was and is the gift of eternal life through faith in His son Jesus Christ...unearned and unearnable, it may only be accepted with the contrition of a broken clay jar that seeks the healing hands of the potter to reform it to the image that it was intended to have. That not withstanding,
this greatest gift means nothing if not for the second greatest gift: that of life, which is granted at conception. Life is so important a gift in God's eyes that it's removal by a wanton act is prohibited as a violation of one of His 10 commandments.

An unborn child has no audible voice to proclaim it's worth, no strength of hand to defend itself from those who would rend it's flesh asunder before (and sometimes after) it has seen the light of day. That role of defender is the blessing given to the mother who carries it...to protect and nurture that living soul as its flesh suit knits around it in preparation for its journey on this earth. The soul is there. The eternal essence of a new human exists but the capsule for its journey needs the loving safety of the mothers womb in order for the journey to occur.

The real struggle for a woman is not to ensure that the courts maintain her right to end that life. The real struggle for a woman is to stand up and be firm in her role as defender of life; to resist the temptation to act in God's place as taker of life. I judge no woman who has had an abortion, or two or 3 (as I had before I came to understand the truth). I simply say to you that you have a higher call. For God's sake, your sake and that of the beautiful soul within you, do not relinquish it. If you have already relinquished it then stop, turn your heart around, accept God's forgiveness and then STAND, encourage others to stand and give or direct them to resources so they might stand.

I encourage you to talk to any woman who, when facing an unplanned pregnancy, chose life. I believe you will find that they have no doubt it was the better of the two options.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You asked for it:
Give to any woman one free abortion and during the procedure have her tubes tied and cut, then if she later gets it together and decides to have the procedure reversed, make it costly.

Give to any woman free abortions when it is a confirmed incest, rape, she has a STD such as syphilis or AIDS or anything which would do harm to the child.

No abortions past the first trimester.
Make Adoption a viable and manageable possibility.
Have regular in home checks for the first year of the childs life after adoption and also after legal seperation or divorce of the adopted parents.
Make extreme laws to protect children in foster care and within the system.
Provide total care expenses for housing, shelter and medical for all women who choose to give their child up for adoption. This would eliminate seedy back room deals and shady practice.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Again I ask you how many of these women are you willing to support through a healthy well balanced pregnancy? Or would your Gods work be done by taking confused and vulnerable women to see 'your' views and then turn your back and go home... What if they have no home? What if they have AIDS or are shooting meth or heroin? You walk off as a doo gooder and how many lives are destroyed in the process?

Stop helping people with your dramatic and sickningly sweet overtures of heavenly grace. You are not doing anyone any service and saving lives means much more than you will ever understand. Why do you suppose your GOD stands idle while children the world over are tortured?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ahhhh yes the Man has important priorities!

Baby slayings throughout the 3rd world! All hail the Messiah!

This is the Best... one brand of American "Help" that people hated us for inflicted on the world for 8 years, now the NEW and improved Liberal version of agendas...

This strikes me as what it surely must be, a Deal with the Devil,

Obama asked the Devil: Can I be the first Black President

The Devil Responded: If you assure the Deaths of 3 Million African fetuses by 2012 for my world entering sacrifice...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by lynn112

Ok let me ask you this, then why was it perfectly acceptable and not even mentioned here or anywhere when bushes first act , the first thing he did day one upon his election was to end this aid? I was fighting it for all it was worth, (online activist stuff) but it was a blinding defeat, one that greatly affected millions of lives since that decission was made.

It was a very sad day for the American aid workers, who worked with these women, the education process was second only to the passing out of contraceptives.
Reply to antar

"one that greatly affected millions of lives since that decission was made."

Yes, millions got a chance at life.

Do you realize how many millions of children have been slaughtered since the aid stopped? Do you realize how many cowards have raped and dismembered innocent lives because of the overpoulation and disease, starvation? Get real. You are living in your parents fantasy world of how you want things to be. If you are so saintly and virtuious, take a trip overseas and visit a few of the areas where the aid stopped and see what is left. It is our fault. And it will be corrected and we will begin to be whole. Oh but you already see flames before anyone that does not think as you or attend the same con-gre=gation. Right? If we cannot be converted to your religion then let us be born but then you will be singing with your angelic voice on sunday as we are slaughtered by apathy. You are not safe, no baby is safe, this issue is about contraceptives and condoms, you choose to rant about the abortion issues. Would you like to die tomorrow and be reborn into one o f the mothers wombs who were raped by hundreds of insane men, filled with disease and no medical care? This is what you stand on your podium and prasie as Gods will for man.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Considering in some of these third world countries, the children if they were born would be born into abject poverty, to parents who couldn't afford to feed the children they have..let alone any more.. Or born into families only to see their parents die of Aids a few years later, the kids themselves having the disease..I see no problem with Obama lifting the ban. As long as the amount of money stays the same, then I'm all for it.

Agreed, the examples I gave are extreme, but sadly # like this happens in the world. If the women are educated about all the options, then if they choose to have an abortion it's on their own consciences, in my opinion. At least they'll be given all the options, instead of the only choice beng to raise the child, no matter how much they might not want another one. Also, if you think that in a fair few poor countries, orphanages are overstretched to bursting anyway, what with the thousands dying of Aids, cholera, malaria, etc, and leaving families. More children in them isn't going to be a good thing.

Still, as I've said in other threads, the money should be spent mainly on making the men in these damn poor countries use condoms, so abortions wouldn't be needed in the first place. But, sadly when you're got years of culture, and in some places the whole Catholic anti-condom doctrine, it's a hard habit to break. Hell, if in the westen, "civilised" world you can't get people to take responsibility and use protection, what hope is there to get anyone else to?

May have gone off on a tangent in the last bit of this post, my apologies. I just have strong opinions on certain things.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkPassenger

You've got it pinned.

IMO, humans are more important than Jesus Christ or God or things who aren't us. Rape happens, incest happens, condoms break, people make mistakes, birth control pills fail, many people live below the poverty line and cannot even afford birth control.

Because my mom has worked with young kids who have gotten pregnant in inner cities, and since she saw them struggle through pregnancy, lose their chance to have an education, and have trouble feeding their child who they fell in love with, I do support abortion.

I have two good friends. One was 16 and had an abortion. You would never know it now, two years later. Another is pregnant now and is not having an abortion because it is against her mom's religious beliefs. She cannot attend college on time, is losing her credits from High School because she has to be out often, and is stressed beyond belief.

I would be more concerned with overpopulation and hunger than religion at this point. But, since I'm probably not taking the high road to heaven anyway, I don't have much to lose.

In the 1960s edition of "Our Bodies, Ourselves" you will find a huge chapter on abortion, and illegal abortion. Illegal abortions on the black market led to trauma, infection, infertility, and death.

Keep it legal, or the government will have even more problems on their hands.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Like you who admits to having 3 such unnecessary abortions before you found God? Pffft! Who's the hypocrite?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Antar...if you were not already on my FRIENDS list I would put you there a dozen MORE times for your work on this thread.....

For the people who keep WHINING (lynn112) that they think the money needs to stay here??? well PLEASE REALIZE this money was already allocated....WAS & IS already being spent in the past and will be again....President Obama is just giving the money BACK into the hands of the aid workers instead of spending it on personal backroom deals.....this is NOT NEW FRESH MONEY........this is already part of the system so STOP with the crying that he is spending money instead of feeding people right here at home.......he is just moving this money into the hands of people who actually help these 3rd world women, instead of lining the pockets of haliburten & blackwater. The FACT that this money is not NEW but it just being reallocated is ON THIS THREAD on the 1st page but you choose to ignore this, in able to rant on & on with your hardcore agenda. Such a shame that you are truly JUST like the woman in your avatar wearing a blindfold yet claiming to 'see'
Amazing to me how much an avatar can choice says about a person.
YES of COURSE I am jumping up and down that this money is now going to do some good in going toward a MORE POSITIVE future.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
At the risk of being called a troll, i would like to point out that a large proportion of pregnancies are naturally ended by a woman's body, if a woman doesn't want to keep a baby, that should be her choice. Saying that every abortion is a waste of life is absurd, the same logic would be saying we're committing murder every time two fertile people don't have sex with the aim of producing a baby.

Therefore all praise to Obama for this, it'll help keep down populations and cause a lot less stress to women all over the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

This is great!! Now we can reduce populations of third world countries, freeing up more natural resources for us!! Oh, I love America!!!

Edited to note: sarcasm mode off.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by kyred]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Abstinence only sex education and counseling is a JOKE! I am so pleased that we have a leader that is a reasonable man and cares about women and their health. Women have a right to make an INFORMED decision about their pregnancy. This funding is likely going to underdeveloped nations where children suffer from many things. I am so happy about this.

Please tell me why the bible thumpers make such a stink about abortion but are the first ones to scream for cuts to Social Programs. You people want to force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term and then put her and the baby on the streets and shame her for having children she cannot afford.

Every woman has the right to information!!!!! Every woman has the right to choose the course of her reproductive life and health. For his first day, he is off to a great start!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Ahhhh yes the Man has important priorities!

Baby slayings throughout the 3rd world! All hail the Messiah!

You know, it's funny... reading the above I was convinced you must be talking about 'God'. But then I read further down and realized you were just attacking liberals/Obama.

Funny that.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hooray Obama! Let the woman make the choice!

Can Obama drag the USA into the 21st Century?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by rizla]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now we are paying to kill babies in other countries with our tax dollars?

I was almost to like this guy too. Even if you don't agree on abortion, why are we paying for it in other countries. Food yes. Medical help yes. Killing babies - NO!

Feed and house the mentally ill who walk by my office every day because they don't have room in the Mental Institutions first. Help out our needy first. Then help others in other countries but do not use one dime of my money to kill babies anywhere. He was Christian just yesterday. I wonder when he quit?

I believe in choice also, but I do not think it is right to take my choice away by using our tax money to pay to kill babies. The government should butt out of this issue and let people who want this to donate the money and stop using the money from those of us who believe with all our heart it is murder. Where is my choice when the government does this? Why do they keep ignoring the Constitution and stomp all over peoples beliefs? Choice my butt.

I agree I do not have the right to impose my beliefs on others, so why do you have the right to force your beliefs on me by taking my money and using it to do what I believe to be evil.

Sorry for the rant. It's hard to swallow Infanticide paid for partially on my nickel.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Hooray Obama! Let the woman make the choice!

Can Obama drag the USA into the 21st Century?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by rizla]

Women already have the "Choice". People who agree should pay for it with private money instead of taking my choice away. How difficult is that to understand anyway.

Go ahead and kill YOUR babies, just stop asking me to pay for it.

What is 21st Century about taking a human life?

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Killing babies - NO!

These places don't just perform abortions. Some posters from the start of this thread have kindly posted links that describe why they were not allowed funding, mainly because of sexual education that went beyond abstinence programs. Abortion was not the main factor and abortion is not just what we are funding now. We are funding preventative efforts that will help the regions people be better sexually educated, have family planning, and means of protecting themselves from STDs.

I’m proud of that, sadly some people can’t see past the abortion issue because they don’t understand the issue. Abortions are still performed in the regions, sometimes through dangerous means. By taking away the funding in the past we actually took away more options for the people, options that may have stopped unwanted pregnancies in the first place or may have protected someone from being infected with an STD.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join