It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Lift Ban on Funding for Groups Providing Abortions Overseas

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Humans are the only animals on the planet to rip their young out of their wombs and murder them. No other creature on this planet is that vile.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Yes, let's ignore that Hyena Mother's almost always end up eating a few of their cubs... and not just Hyenas, but a LOT of animals end up killing the weak offspring on purpose.

Have you ever WATCHED a discovery channel exclusive on these sort of things?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Planned Parenthood, a private company by the way, recently fought a law that would protect health care workers from being fired if they refused to participate in the killing of a child. My statement about that did not come out of the blue. They want them forced to participate in what they believe is murder. Exactly how reasonable is that?

No, they want them to be able to be fired for not doing a part of their job. I don't think they are chaining them to the murder-tables and keeping their eyelids open for a bit of the ol' ultraviolence.

Nobody is being fooled here. Everyone knows that abortion is principally used for a form of birth control as a convenience. To amorous to go to the store for a condom, who cares as the baby can just be killed later. I don't think that people in other countries are so dumb they don't know where babies come from. They will use this the same way.

A false majority consensus! It's been a while since I saw one of those. You shouldn't claim "Everyone" knows. After all, how often have you encountered something you believe that "Everyone" everywhere agrees with? I cite myself as demonstration that this is provably false; I don't believe abortion is principally used as a form of birth control.

And thusly, you are wrong Logically; there is at least a non-zero sum of people who do NOT know what you claim, but know something completely different and conflicting.

Please, don't force me to help pay for the millions of babies being slaughtered. Please, let those who are for this pay for it themselves. There are plenty of you out there. Many of you are very rich. Please pull out your wallets and put your money where your mouth is.

So just force you to pay for the murder of thousands to tens of thousands of grown adults, some of which have children which will be orphaned? That's so much better than killing the faceless, nameless, unknown fetuses.

Paglia had a lot to say about female reproductive rights. Abortion is such a popular topic to talk about, people rarely share the same opinions when they are faced with making the choice and are faced with an untenable position.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notroh est
Imagine every day you have ever lived, imagine every thought you have conceived, every breath you have breathed, every dream you have dreamt, and all the time you have spent wastefully or sparingly
Now imagine it gone. Darkness, blackness, the cold steel scraping you from life, the heat of the incinerator wiping your existence from this earth, forgotten, denied, unloved, unwanted, no more.

Yeah, except an aborted fetus has none of that value, none of those experiences, and never will. So your appeal to the "What if you were aborted?" argument is moot; none of us were aborted, and the aborted fetuses will never experience all the slings and arrows of reality either.

Because they were aborted.

There are a lot of children that are abused, unloved, tortured, denied, forgotten, ignored, beaten, molested and other terrible things.

You want to know one of the most common elements to children that have terrible lives?

THEY WEREN'T WANTED, But their parents were religiously against Abortion.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Im not vegan, but I believe that human life should be respected and human dignity upheld at every stage of human existence
If a person brings a life into the world that life should be respected and given the privileges it deserves, if a person is dying and sick they must still be respected

If things are tough or inconvenient it doesn’t warrant the destruction of human life at any point

I find that people who suffer for life’s sake and live thru adversity be it
Single mothers
Poor families
Dying elderly
ect
Those that hold onto life and see its value are true heroes
Not the sports stars, the movie stars and politicians
With pain and suffering they still find hope and love, and that is strength and power, not bombs and guns and propaganda
The struggle to give life and make it good with what you got, that’s heroism
I don’t think what you say is accurate

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
so abortion is now the cure for a crappy life... oh yeah its good over a billion people have been aborted they all would have had crappy lives
bunk!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

Anyone who chooses to have a child and makes the choice to be a parent can be considered to be a caring individual who will tend to the new life as best they can.

There is no way you can say that people forced to have children they do not want will treat that child kindly or with compassion, especially if it ruins their own life and puts the child into a situation where they exist as a tangible, physical manifestation of ruin to that parents hopes and dreams.

Abortion may be terrible, but it would be more terrible to force unwanted children into the world where they will not be loved by their parents.

Children have a need to be loved by their natural parents, and I have as yet to meet an adopted person who did not either A) have issues they refused to acknowledge, or B) Had problems with self esteem and always wonder why they were not wanted.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Notroh est

If my life was aborted I could not imagine it being aborted, useless thinking.

what’s the difference between destroying a new born and a fetus?

If you don't understand that already then I doubt you ever will. A fetus that can not live outside of the womb is what it is. A new born can live outside of the womb, even without it's mother other assistance can help it survive. There are babies who lose birth mothers during childbirth. Many survive and are naturally raised by someone else, you're comparing apples and oranges. Science has shown us the fetus' development, and from that stand point I agree with abortion in the early stages of pregnancy. Religiously you may disagree, not my problem. Like another poster said, if you're willing to pay more taxes to fund welfare for mothers who decide to keep children instead of abortion be my guess. If you pay medical bills for women to carry a child to term to adopt then good for you. If you're not willing to do either then I wouldn't putdown women who abort, they have their reasons, it's their business- not yours.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

So your stance is "Keep your Religion out of my Rationality"? I can respect that.

It is important to remember that most pro-life activists and proclaimers attribute the magical quality of Humanness to fetuses... although I'll also concur with another poster that it's funny how once you're born, they could care less (Most of them could care less. The exceptions prove the rule).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Humans are the only animals on the planet to rip their young out of their wombs and murder them. No other creature on this planet is that vile.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Yes, let's ignore that Hyena Mother's almost always end up eating a few of their cubs... and not just Hyenas, but a LOT of animals end up killing the weak offspring on purpose.

Have you ever WATCHED a discovery channel exclusive on these sort of things?

Are you for real? Are you comparing animals to humans?

Of course wild animals kill their offspring. They have been given a sense us humans haven't, and that is the sense to kill their young. But they don't just go out and kill all their offspring because they made a mistake and bred for the heck of it. Thats what us humans do..lol

They will destroy their young if it is diseased, malformed, and not able to fend for itself as it gets older. Animals are much more intuitive than we as humans are when it comes to the viability of their offspring.

Whether people want to believe it or not, animals of the wild don't kill their offspring just for the heck of it. That is a human characteristic.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

I myself personally don’t believe in abortion unless it is an extreme case, like getting pregnant through rape or incest or if the mother’s life is at risk.

This is my belief though, and unlike with a lot of religious people I encounter, I don’t expect all women to adhere to my belief system. I am not them, I should not have a say over their bodies, and I should not have a say over a situation that I know nothing about that will not affect me.

Another difference I see often with religious people and this issue- I’m not going to judge people. You can say you imagine a situation all you like, but unless you are in that person’s shoes you have no right to think you know what is right for them when it comes to such a personal issue. Disagree with it, but there’s no need to go to the extremes of wanting a say over their bodies or calling them murderers. That’s just my take on the situation.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Truth

Are you comparing animals to humans?

Humans are animals. And you know what? Those wild animals you speak of may commit murder and rape like humans do, but (as other posters have mentioned with this topic) you won’t find a case in animal behavior of a species that molest their young. Humans molest their young, rape, kill, and prey on the weak of our own and lesser species. We are definitely animals, just because we’re civilized doesn’t mean we aren’t brutish or monstrous.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

So when does it become 'OK' to dispose of a human life?

By your statement, that would be around 5 or 6 yrs old, when maybe that 5 or 6 yr old might be able to comprehend what the life of another is, and it's ok to dispose of another human being.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You must've met a lot of dumb 4 year olds. My son has a fairly good understanding of his existence and the existence of others.

My best friends Nephew speaks in full sentences and has since age three.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Humans are animals. And you know what? Those wild animals you speak of may commit murder and rape like humans do, but (as other posters have mentioned with this topic) you won’t find a case in animal behavior of a species that molest their young. Humans molest their young, rape, kill, and prey on the weak of our own and lesser species. We are definitely animals, just because we’re civilized doesn’t mean we aren’t brutish or monstrous.

And what, this makes it OK to kill our own young??? Because there are a few sick puppies in this world?

Sorry, but your reasoning doesn't make sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

*edited to fix quotes
And what, this makes it OK to kill our own young??? Because there are a few sick puppies in this world?

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Unknown Truth]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

You must've met a lot of dumb 4 year olds. My son has a fairly good understanding of his existence and the existence of others.

My best friends Nephew speaks in full sentences and has since age three.

I'm pretty sure you missed the point of my comment. Maybe you should go back and read from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

That’s not what I stated, kindly point out where I ever indicate this?

You seemed confused that someone would compare humans to animals, we are animals and sometimes we act worse than the lesser species of predators. That was clearly my “point”.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

You know what? After going over a few of your posts, I've concluded that I'm not going to waste anymore of your or myselfs time. It's apparent to me, that we think from such opposite sides of the spectrum that it would do either one of us, or any of the other ATS'ers any good by bickering back and forth.

I think you're out to lunch as I'm sure you do I, so lets leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

That’s not what I stated, kindly point out where I ever indicate this?

You seemed confused that someone would compare humans to animals, we are animals and sometimes we act worse than the lesser species of predators. That was clearly my “point”.

I'm sorry, but I was never referring to you, I was referring to the comment at the top of this page.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread....

Did BHO actually sign it? the OP article states he was to sign on Thursday, but Ican't find any other info.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join