It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Disclosure or Global Cover-Up: The impossibility of Disclosure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
The odds are very low we'll get disclosure anytime soon. Get rid of money and then there is little financial incentive to suppress anything

Getting rid of money wouldn't really help. Money is just a representation of things, goods, services, wealth, debt. Get rid of money and people will use something else to represent those things.

What needs to change in order to have disclosure is people's mentality.

When asked about it many people will say they believe in alien life somewhere in the Universe, but when they hear someone say they had a sighting or see something about UFOs on the news they scoff. And why wouldn't they? That's how the media always portrayed the subject.

It's the mentality of journalists that has to change, instead of making fun or fearing it will be bad for their careers, first thing that should pop in their heads is "hmm that's interesting, sounds like a big story, I should do a follow up on this".

It's the mentality of scientists that (for the most part) dismiss the subject altogether as they have big egos and an image to protect, not to mention the Government and private grants and funds. They should be the ones on the forefront of investigation and research of UFOs, but they won't touch it with 10-foot pole.

Scientists that for the most part don't have a problem with SETI, that think it's plausible that somehow we'll be able to hear advanced civilizations using Radio signals to communicate, but the idea of these beings visiting our Planet is absurd.

It's the mentality of people in general that has to change, and I'm not seeing that happening any time soon.

Unless of course somehow whoever's out there decides to make themselves known.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

The threat isnt knowledge of a galaxy full of sentient life. Its the technology.

Okay lets say a goverment announces that yes UFO's are real crafts and piloted by alien beings. Eventually the question must be how do those craft travel the stars ? Its clearly not with rocket engines

The public upon learning we have the crafts that defy gravity with an infinite power source will demand immediate access to such technology

The odds are very low we'll get disclosure anytime soon. Get rid of money and then there is little financial incentive to suppress anything

I gave this thread a lot of thought before I decided to sit down and compose it and the same notion occurred to me as well. Although I came to the conclusion that this is a very western way of thinking. That is, not all societies have this capitalist urge to be more powerful and rich than the next person. It was this realization that lead me to believe that it cuts much deeper than just the need to preserve power and wealth.

I feel the need for a global cover up is primarily to prevent the degradation social order. Something monumental like disclosure would potentially disrupt our perception of who we are as beings, disrupt our concept of our place in the universe. We as human beings need purpose, it's purpose that defines us. Without purpose we give up.

I will expand on this tomorrow when I am back at a real computer and not pecking away at my Blackberry. The keys are so tiny! Ha ha

[edit on 21-1-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It is truly sad that our race is not to a stage where we can accept and correctly react to disclosure. If any government gave 1centimeter of factual information regarding UFO phenomenon, there would be angry mobs in throngs demanding a kilometer.

There will be no way for them to disclose all of the information or else we would have armies and private orginizations utilizing the technology for increased killing capacity or other evils; it would mean the doom of our planet.

What will happen though....is that camera and recording technology will continue to improve. Data rates and internet bandwidth will improve. This will make events and sightings easier to record at higher quality and easily shared to the masses.

Unfortunately CGI technology will improve too....increasing hoaxability (usually performed by the disinformation agents right?)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse
I’ll take it a step further, let’s imagine for a moment that these UFO’s actually have pilots. Let’s also imagine that these pilots have malicious intent. Do you think that the global powers that be are going to be tripping over one another to make a formal announcement of disclosure? I think not.

This is just one man's opinion what is your take?

I'm with you. I don't see disclosure happening anytime soon. My opinion is evolving though. I used to 100% support immediate disclosure but I have to admit there maybe a few reasons to keep it classified. But only really bad scenarios, like the aliens are evil and we are literally pets, or the Earth is some experiment gone bad. And we are permanently quarantined to this planet, and basically destined for extinction by "self implosion". But that is only speculation. However, it's probably classified for the reasons Victor Marchetti gives, maintaining the entrenched power structure.

The aliens may have more to fear from us, than we from them. I'm thinking of a landed UFO encounter at Fort Dix, in which the occupant of a UFO was shot dead in cold blood. I don't remember the details but someone at a UFO conference recovered FOIA documents that backed up the story.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I believe that "disclosure" is very close indeed, simply because very soon, everybody and their cousin will fly 5-10 minute trips to space. So we'll soon either know there are no UFOs hanging out in the vicinity of earth, or a lot of civilians will see them with their own eyes.

Hmm - if the government wants to keep covering it up (if something is out there), maybe a false flag attack on Brandson's spaceport?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Disclosure will come, France and the United Kingdom already agreed on a slow release of UFO files. They'll leave the juice parts till the end, but it does look like a step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
Disclosure will come, France and the United Kingdom already agreed on a slow release of UFO files. They'll leave the juice parts till the end, but it does look like a step in the right direction.

Okay, I alluded to this in my initial post but have found nothing to support this claim. In all due respect, is there a link somewhere that supports your (and others) claim of this tricked disclosure? I have the utmost respect for most of us here in this community and have little doubt that you will produce a link or two backing up this claim but I have failed to uncover anything concrete so far to strengthen that affirmation.

I am constantly astounded a daily basis by the wealth of information and thoroughly researched posts on here on ATS. With that said; I certainly hope you can provide us with some credible information to reinforce this allegation.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The info France and UK have recently released, while noteworthy, isn't close to the level of detail needed to force the issue in the media. I have to think both nations' respective Air Forces, have detailed gun camera footage squirreled away somewhere, possibly bodies and recovered technology. I believe certain elements of the US military and Defense Industry possess it. The problem is I don't think the elected leaders have the power to get this stuff out.

They can speak out more, which is good, but I think the highest level officials are virtually threatened into silence, or at least convinced somehow, it's in the world's best interest to let it remain an unacknowledged state of affair.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have a feeling Obama may be the one who will rattle the old Military cage and stir things up regarding this matter, as he seems to be puting his foot down with Military chiefs on other matters.

Lets hope he is not just all wind and cares out his ojectives as he seems to be one of the best Presedents the US has had for many years, and I believe he will make an impact worlwide.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Do we need an official to disclose something that people can readily see on the net ,if it were`nt true then why all the imagery,if it was being said we where having visitations from a higher dimension and there was no videos ,photos and some fake ones at that ,then we could all presume it is all a scam and for what plausable reason would a government deny it,to maintain the status quo and sanity and leave populations to continue believing what ever they damn like ,because with mass unity on any subject comes power ,and remember officials want to remain in control and maintain elements of power and any distraction from politics,religion or social inclusion,going outside that boundary and as far as they are concerned this group would be entering dangerous territory ,they can`t have a joe blogg ,non deplume exercising power over the masses and distracting the order of things it effects the running of economies ,anything that distracts from the norm be it another unruly leader to a subject that would destabilize religions,science,education and what we percieve to be reality will allways be maintained by them ,unless the inevitable happens and the higher dimensional beings decide what they are watching is crap and want to actually come down and change the picture for good ,but i get a sense they enjoy watching our crazy,chaotic mad world ,probably enjoy watching our amateurish efforts to find out what they are and until then nobody will know ,disclosure would be good if they just admitted "Yes" we`ve been seeing weird # and they`ve been watchin ours,what do they think about it `Don`t know they haven`t telt us yet ,or something. like that

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I’m sorry Gringoboy; I did the best I could to hang with you throughout your post but the absence of crucial elements of punctuation like periods and question marks made it quite difficult. But after about 35 minuets of reading and rereading I don’t really think I have a handle on what you were getting at.

Do you believe that disclosure will happen? If so, do you think that we as a global society will handle it without burning this planet to the ground? I for one think that we don’t need this kind of news right now, especially now. I live in the United States and we are experiencing great economical difficulties right now, couple that with a major philosophical shift in our political leaders and the fuel for the fire has already saturated deep within the ground.

The climate is right for mass chaos, it appears to me that our racial divide here in the US is growing not healing, and the gap between the wealthy and the poor is growing at an unprecedented rate.

We have some real problems over here, disclosure could be the match that ignites the entire country from seaboard to seaboard.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

I don`t think disclosure will happen because the powers that be need to have control over there population unless something out of there control where to happen.Something they could`nt deny ,but you would only see that in the movies right.I believe thats the only way and even then they probably try to cover that up,if it where a news broadcast it would be cut off Etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Okay I got ya. Again, if disclosure were to happen I also believe that it would come from one of us regular citizens discovering the astonishing smoking gun. Fact is; regardless of who’s the President, Prime minister, King, Queen, Prince, Princess, or Ruler of all the land, none of the so called ‘powers that be’ will ever volunteer any of this information that have been successfully covered up since at least the 1940’s.

It is not, will not, or ever be advantages for them to do so. Disclosure will come from you and I, or a brave member of the media who offers up the undeniable evidence we have yet to stumble across.

Can I ask you Gringo, where are you from?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Flagged & tagged!

A very fine take on the Disclosure subject my friend! I will be following this one.

Great post!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
Do we need an official to disclose something that people can readily see on the net ,if it were`nt true then why all the imagery,if it was being said we where having visitations from a higher dimension and there was no videos ,photos and some fake ones at that ,then we could all presume it is all a scam and for what plausable reason would a government deny it,to maintain the status quo and sanity and leave populations to continue believing what ever they damn like ,because with mass unity on any subject comes power ,and remember officials want to remain in control and maintain elements of power and any distraction from politics,religion or social inclusion,going outside that boundary and as far as they are concerned this group would be entering dangerous territory ,they can`t have a joe blogg ,non deplume exercising power over the masses and distracting the order of things it effects the running of economies ,anything that distracts from the norm be it another unruly leader to a subject that would destabilize religions,science,education and what we percieve to be reality will allways be maintained by them ,unless the inevitable happens and the higher dimensional beings decide what they are watching is crap and want to actually come down and change the picture for good ,but i get a sense they enjoy watching our crazy,chaotic mad world ,probably enjoy watching our amateurish efforts to find out what they are and until then nobody will know ,disclosure would be good if they just admitted "Yes" we`ve been seeing weird # and they`ve been watchin ours,what do they think about it `Don`t know they haven`t telt us yet ,or something. like that

The reason why official disclosure would make a difference is that arguably it would be accompanied by physical evidence and possibly also technology, which is unavailable from the countless testimonies.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse

Okay I got ya. Again, if disclosure were to happen I also believe that it would come from one of us regular citizens discovering the astonishing smoking gun. Fact is; regardless of who’s the President, Prime minister, King, Queen, Prince, Princess, or Ruler of all the land, none of the so called ‘powers that be’ will ever volunteer any of this information that have been successfully covered up since at least the 1940’s.

It is not, will not, or ever be advantages for them to do so. Disclosure will come from you and I, or a brave member of the media who offers up the undeniable evidence we have yet to stumble across.

Can I ask you Gringo, where are you from?

I disagree. I think if a citizen found a smoking gun said citizen would be considered a whacko and/or would be threatened into silence.

Let's just say for a second that I believe Dr. Roger Leir's account that he has actual alien implants in his possesion, and see how many people will bring up all kinds of discrediting information about him which puts an end to any serious attempt to look at the evidence.

I am myself on the fence with Dr. Leir, for all we know he already has the smoking gun, but have you looked at his evidence? have I looked at it? will anyone pursue the matter further... probably not.

-rrr

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join