It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Disclosure or Global Cover-Up: The impossibility of Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
At any given time there are multiple threads here at ATS alluding to disclosure, more so- when is disclosure going to happen? After years of study; it is now my assertion that the UFO phenomena is and will continue to be covered up on a global scale. I’ve heard various theories form my fellow ATSers that several countries are rumored to be more likely to disclose information regarding the plausibility of evidence that these craft exist. I have a great deal of doubt that this will ever happen.

It has been over 6 decades of global awareness (for the most part) of the UFO phenomena and we are no closer to disclosure now than we were in the late 40’s early 50’s. In fact, it can be argued that media cynicism, the sarcasm of mainstream science (I’m talking to you Bill Nye), and the continual denial by countries all over the world have left us with the ‘reasonable doubt factor’. The cultural barometer is clear; we are not ready as a global society for disclosure nor do I believe that we will be in another 6 decades. We have holy wars and terrorism indignantly taking place everywhere all in the name of religion.

Do you honestly believe that information about a universe teaming with life will help? A universe populated with other beings and other religions perhaps. Heck, other points of view would be all it would take to instigate mass panic and yet another justification to start blowing things up.

My personal experience reinforces in my mind what is factual; I certainly do not need to sit around eagerly waiting some formal announcement that we are not alone in the universe. In fact, I am glad that this is being covered up, who needs more global turmoil over more things that do not fit into our little realm of what is acceptable and what is not.

I’ll take it a step further, let’s imagine for a moment that these UFO’s actually have pilots. Let’s also imagine that these pilots have malicious intent. Do you think that the global powers that be are going to be tripping over one another to make a formal announcement of disclosure? I think not.

This is just one man's opinion what is your take?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Or there wont be disclosure, because the government may truly know nothing. They may just use this "UFO phenomenon" to divert everybodys attention away from other projects and plans. People who work for the government, that are supposedly "stepping forward" with the information they say they have, could also be in on the disinformation.

I mean, wouldn't all these people "in-the-know-how" who supposedly know the truth, get actual hard evidence to back up there claims instead of just hear-say? Disclosure may not happen, cause there may be nothing to disclose.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe most Goverments or should we say the secretive factions of them have lied to the point of no return.

And if there was a disclosure there would be egg on many military and political leaders faces to say the least.

The Roswell case will always be the thorn in the side of the US Military and it was a big lesson for them on how to make sure future UFO events/ crashes were covered up correctly and debunked.

Star and Flagged

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
Or there wont be disclosure, because the government may truly know nothing. They may just use this "UFO phenomenon" to divert everybodys attention away from other projects and plans. People who work for the government, that are supposedly "stepping forward" with the information they say they have, could also be in on the disinformation.

I mean, wouldn't all these people "in-the-know-how" who supposedly know the truth, get actual hard evidence to back up there claims instead of just hear-say? Disclosure may not happen, cause there may be nothing to disclose.

I agree with that also as no doubt at least 50% are black ops cover or secret craft tests.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I rather think it have been the other way around for quite some time now. The UFO-matter have been sweeped under the carpet and hidden under as much talk about weather, War and Economy as possible, so that no one will think of it too much.

A member a while ago said, that there are MANY races visiting Earth right now, and the reason they are coming here more and more, are because they want to be recognized as existing, simply.

If so, then they will probably have their will fulfilled sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I believe most Goverments or should we say the secretive factions of them have lied to the point of no return.

And if there was a disclosure there would be egg on many military and political leaders faces to say the least.

The Roswell case will always be the thorn in the side of the US Military and it was a big lesson for them on how to make sure future UFO events/ crashes were covered up correctly and debunked.

Star and Flagged

Thanks Bob, I completely agree that the Roswell cover-up was a successful blueprint on how to effectively silence multiple eye witnesses. I feel that in this day and age though they would have to curb the story differently. People now are nowhere as trusting of the military as they were in 1947. In those days a weather balloon mistaken for a flying disc would have been plausible simply due to the source of the explanation.

Today we would be more likely to question, and once questioned more likely to investigate on our own, draw our own conclusions. That’s just who we are now, Grand Dad and Grandma were more likely to buy that load of garbage. Although Grand Dad did think that smoking ‘looked sophisticated’. Ha Ha.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here are a few links about Eisenhower to ponder over, most of it may be false or hyped up but i believe the meeting did happen.

www.jimnicholsufo.com...

www.exopolitics.org...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.ufoevidence.org...

www.richplanet.net...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Here are a few links about Eisenhower to ponder over, most of it may be false or hyped up but i believe the meeting did happen.

I would bet my life that it happened. [smile]

The Terra Papers mentions the meeting, in fact. (Linked in sig.)

And, of course, I am convinced that the Papers are the closest to our Earth's history as we have.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks Bob! I have begun reading the first link now. I have read a few of these books already so I am aware of some of the theories, but this is neat and tidy. Everything is on one page! You can't beat that.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This may be a little off topic?

My late farther served in the RAF as a pilot in the later years of WWII, he often spoke freely about witnessing the orbs/Foe Fighters many times during heated dog fights over the Channel.

They always buzzed around tails of other fighters and Lancaster bombers during missions and he would make a point that he believed they were some type recon. craft and not from this earth.

Just my little bit of disclosure for what it is worth ?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse
Thanks Bob! I have begun reading the first link now. I have read a few of these books already so I am aware of some of the theories, but this is neat and tidy. Everything is on one page! You can't beat that.

I do try to please and thanks

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
I rather think it have been the other way around for quite some time now. The UFO-matter have been sweeped under the carpet and hidden under as much talk about weather, War and Economy as possible, so that no one will think of it too much.

A member a while ago said, that there are MANY races visiting Earth right now, and the reason they are coming here more and more, are because they want to be recognized as existing, simply.

If so, then they will probably have their will fulfilled sooner or later.

Yep! and 9/11 knocked Greer's Disclosure Project right out of the media and never came back?.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This video might answer a few questions and this news snippet!

au.youtube.com...://www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com/

www.rockymountainnews.com...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
And, of course, I am convinced that the Papers are the closest to our Earth's history as we have.

How is that different from the people who believe the Bible is a reliable record of Earth's history?

The Terra Papers offers no piece of evidence to support its claims, and just like the Bible you have to believe it is accurate.

And betting your life on a book makes the comparison with religious fanaticism even more easy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Originally posted by Amaterasu

How is that different from the people who believe the Bible is a reliable record of Earth's history?

The Terra Papers offers no piece of evidence to support its claims, and just like the Bible you have to believe it is accurate.

And betting your life on a book makes the comparison with religious fanaticism even more easy.

The unfortunate reality is; even if we do stumble upon the real written history of this planet there will be no real EVIDENCE as to its authenticity. Seriously, what kind of evidence do we expect to find at this point? Obviously there wasn’t any cell phone cameras in the dawn of time to prove or disprove the bible or the terra papers. What are we looking for cave drawings? Heck, even if there were digital video cameras capturing images of Jesus rising from the dead we would think it was primitive CGI.

Everything in life requires faith, everything. Just my opinion.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The unfortunate reality is; even if we do stumble upon the real written history of this planet there will be no real EVIDENCE as to its authenticity.

It depends on the sort of claim being made, there are things for which we can test their veracity. The world being 12.000 years old? I think we can prove that one.

I can agree with "everything we don't know about requires faith"

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

The unfortunate reality is; even if we do stumble upon the real written history of this planet there will be no real EVIDENCE as to its authenticity.

It depends on the sort of claim being made, there are things for which we can test their veracity. The world being 12.000 years old? I think we can prove that one.

I can agree with "everything we don't know about requires faith"

Touché my friend touché. I want to get into this further but I am out of time for now. I will add more than this when I get home from work. Truthfully I am just typing now in order to keep this post from being a one-liner. Heh

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
first
not all politicians are capable of being quiet .. about anything

so if a lot knew .. somebody would tell

second
the easiest and fastest way to end religious wars is to show them its all bunkum anyway ... "what !!! no dam virgins !!! " .. not getting me to do that now

third
governments have nothing to fear by disclosing any information as to whether they exist or not .. the highly published mass panic is just never going to happen ..

simple facts
..we are not alone .. big deal ..

anything with the capabilities of galactic travel is going to be so technologically superior that we havent got a chance .. so if they were anti terra .. we wouldnt be here

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

The threat isnt knowledge of a galaxy full of sentient life. Its the technology.

Okay lets say a goverment announces that yes UFO's are real crafts and piloted by alien beings. Eventually the question must be how do those craft travel the stars ? Its clearly not with rocket engines.

The next question would be "how do you know these UFO's are real and piloted by aliens ?" The answer would be we recovered a few over the years.

The public upon learning we have the crafts that defy gravity with an infinite power source will demand immediate access to such technology.

I dont think the masses comprehend how immense and potentially destablizing such technology would have on the world. It would turn the entire economy on its head.

There are some elite familys around that dont want to give up their advantages. There are also goverments that utilize their power central grid as a form on social control plus tax revenue.

The odds are very low we'll get disclosure anytime soon. Get rid of money and then there is little financial incentive to suppress anything

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The only group that will be doing any disclosure will be extraterrestrials themselves. Our governments have everything to lose by admitting the secret and nothing to gain.

Even the most subjectively free nations have nothing to gain from admitting they and other governments of the world are hiding extraterrestrial presence because it can and will erode or eradicate governmental foundations of power. Much like how most primitive terrestrial civilizations emulated more advanced ones on this planet when they were discovered either by force or choice (usually force in the case of man meeting man).

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Frith]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join