It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something In Common

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Something I've noticed in several didfferent conspiracy sites lately.

One of the things I've seen the NWO or Illuminati or whomever accused of is forcing people to register or basically invading the privacy of the individual.
It's understandable why that would be a problem for people, I'm pretty open about myself and I have issues with the idea.

However...
At the same time, and sometimes even the same people, there are statements calling for the requirement to have certain groups register or make themselves completely open to the public.

The reason for it has been cheerily stated as: "We don't know for sure what they are doing."
Meaning, because we cannot see everything they do, we assume the worst.
Basically, fear is driving this statement.
Which is interesting, the Patriot Act that is so hated by so many people was instituted on the basis of fear as well. With the idea that a true American would have nothing to worry about.

Some conspiracy theorists state that private groups would have nothing to worry about if there was nothing for them to hide.

It seems like people on both sides here are pushing the same idea, and some of the responses in support of either side scare the spit out of me.

Yes, this is msotly to do with posts I've seen in Secret society forums, the problem is just how similar the comments I've seen are.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I brought this up quite a while ago from a different angle.

A lot of people fail to realise just how much they are influenced by the media.

Just because you get one side of the story does not mean you cannot fall into the trap of the nothing to hide nothing to fear group from a different end.

Its very difficult to escape social conditioning.

I hear ya.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Fear is a powerful tool, but it is also an imaginary one.

The man who does not fear cannot be controlled.

I have no doubt this statement will be refuted and condemned, but those who are looking for the deep, dark secret of world domination in the Masons (or even the Illuminati) are looking in the wrong place.

The true evil is hidden in plain site in front of our faces.

I think many 'secret society' members get so frustrated with conspiracy theorists because in reality we are on the same side. We are against evil, corruption, fear, concentrated power and all these other things. We are fighting the same battle as those who would seek to expose us.

A popular CT saying is, "The Truth is Out There." This is not entirely correct.

The correct phrase should read, "The Truth is Right Here."

join