It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Cipher usage to decode mason secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Masons are always using Encrypted messages.
The following ciphers can decode them.

Atbash cipher (based on Kaballah): Sophia becomes Baphomet
supertarot.co.uk...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Caesar cipher: (Julius Caesar)
www.thedavincigame.com...

PIGPEN cipher: Used by the Freemasons in the 16th century
motivate.maths.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Thomas Jefferson wheel cipher:
www.monticello.org...

NAEQ cipher: (New Aeon English Qabalah) (Aleister Crowley)
www.geocities.com...

UFOnauts cipher:
www.elfis.net...

Serpent cipher:
www.cl.cam.ac.uk...

Are there more Masonic ciphers, not listed above ?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123

This is untrue.

There are some ciphers used in some of the York Rite degrees they are only ceremonial.

Many of these ciphers you linked were used not only by operative masons in ancient times, but many other groups, in order to communicate secretly.

Why the need for secrecy?

Operative Masons (the guys who built temples) had a lot of specialized knowledge about how to make things square, how to construct buildings correctly, etc.

They spent a lot of time learning these skills and once they were masters they were allowed (unlike most other people) to travel from place to place, country to country and build huge temples and buildings.

They were paid a lot of money but their job required a lot of specialized knowledge.

In order to protect this knowledge and so that they could communicate with each other they developed ciphers. They could pass information from one to another without the messenger or an interceptor figuring out what they were talking about.

It's exactly the same as SSL communications on the internet today. When you buy something with a credit card over an SSL connection the number is scrambled and encrypted so that someone watching your bits and bytes pass by on the wire would not be able to figure out your credit card number.

So while ciphers are real and were used at one time they are no longer used by Masons, except for some rituals in the York Rite (that I know of).

[edit on 1/21/09 by emsed1]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
mastermason.com...

Above cipher is close to the York Rite cipher or Blue Lodge cipher, but has some small differences.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I got news for you this is the twenty first century. The age of computers. Why would we use these codes when we can use computer encryption?
Can’t rule the world with such out dated tech.

M74

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

supertarot.co.uk...
1) You got this one's relationship reversed. Baphomet becomes Sophia, at least as far as the Templar conspiracies are concerned.
2) These are not "Masonic" cyphers. They're just common cyphers. In fact the only cypher that has ever been popularly associated with Freemasonry is the Pigpen cypher, which was just another common cypher that became really popular.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Worth mentioning that Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Mason. And, for that matter, if you want to get picky, Crowley wasn't a regular mason either. (He was, for a time, a member of an irregular lodge.) So technically, right off the bat 4 of those codes aren't Masonic...

The only Masonic code that I've seen actively used today is a form of shorthand with some symbol/word substitutions that appears in published versions of things that are meant to remain secret. You could probably puzzle them out yourself, but they're meant to be a guide for someone to memorize the rituals and they're much easier to read if you've actually been through the rituals a few times.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by M74

supertarot.co.uk...
1) You got this one's relationship reversed. Baphomet becomes Sophia, at least as far as the Templar conspiracies are concerned.
2) These are not "Masonic" cyphers. They're just common cyphers. In fact the only cypher that has ever been popularly associated with Freemasonry is the Pigpen cypher, which was just another common cypher that became really popular.

1) Fixing the reverse issue gives now for Atbash:
Baphomet becomes Sophia
BBL (Babel) becomes ShShK (Sheshakh)
Lev Kamai becomes Kasdim (Chaldeans)
Triple Tau becomes: I AM THAT I AM
www.gcgchram.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
[edit on 28-1-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
once you know what you are in search of, you can decifer the following with little trouble.
ejnqjsfohjhdftbeyesuedgspedjsayapvj
let me know how that turns out brother

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Toavotea Key: (Another missing key recovered)
www.horusmaat.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Another A∴A∴ code... still not Masonic.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

If I remember correctly, the code that you speak of states that Baphomet is actually Sophia. So you have this backwards. Sophia is another term for knowledge or wisdom, also known as Gnosis in the Hellenistic philosophy or in Gnostic Christianity.

Provided that there were an actual connection with a "real" Baphomete and not just the heap of lies that The Templars had thrown at them.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazy1981
reply to post by hawk123

If I remember correctly, the code that you speak of states that Baphomet is actually Sophia. So you have this backwards.

The link below shows the Sophia and Baphomet spelling in Hebrew.

www.templarhistory.com...

[taf] [mem] [vav] [pe] [beth] = Baphomet
400 40 6 80 2 = 528 = Solfeggio MI-RA-gestorum frequency

[edit on 5-4-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

The link below shows the Sophia and Baphomet spelling in Hebrew.
That's OK, I'll give you that. But it wasn't my point, my point was that "you" had it backwards.

It is not Sophia that becomes "Baphomet" is the other way around in this theory. That Baphomet is actually code for Sophia and in turn goddess worship. It's old rhetoric.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by lazy1981]

new topics

top topics

join