It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sirius Mysteries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Part 1: Mass Suicides at the Solar Temple

In the autumn/fall of 1994 the mass-suicide of the Order of the Solar Temple shed mass-media light on cults and connections that would have otherwise remained obscure.

In October of 1994 an obscure cult with members in Canada, France and Switzerland committed itself to self-extermination. 53 members of the Solar Temple were found dead at two locations in Switzerland near Geneva. Almost all had been shot in the head (some as many as eight times) and others repeatedly stabbed. An elaborate system was designed by group members and set in place to subsequently burn their remains. 22 Bodies were found at one Swiss site and 25 at another. This included at least five children.

It was later uncovered that parts of the cult had not only commit mass-suicide but also practiced ritual murder. Among other things, a baby that had been stabbed to death with a wooden knife, was found.

One aspect the mass-media did not embrace, was the fact that the cults founder, Luc Jouret was not only some no-name cultist but an international arms dealer and that he practiced money laundering with the knowledge of the infamous BCCI (Band of Credit and Commerce).

BCCI became the focus in 1991 of one of the largest scandals in world financial history. Due to the massive fraud and corruption at the heart of the bank, it was described as a "$20-billion-plus heist".[3] Regulators in the United States and the United Kingdom found it to be involved in money laundering, bribery, support of terrorism,[4] arms trafficking, the sale of nuclear technologies, the commission and facilitation of tax evasion, smuggling, illegal immigration, and the illicit purchases of banks and real estate. The bank was found to have at least $13 billion unaccounted for. The bank's relationship with underworld elements led to the nickname "Bank of Crooks and Criminals International."[5]

The interior of one of their Lodges:

The London Times only went deep enough to state that the Solar Temple consisted of a "mix of Rosicrucians, Nazi-Occultists and Mystics". The connection to illegal arms trade remained widely underreported.

Another thing that remained mostly unreported was that the cult was planning to "escape to the Star Sirius". The Swiss police found tapes proving that they believed to be the successors of the Knights Templar, that other known public figures were involved and that the Star-System of Sirius had special significance in their belief-system. 2

This got me thinking, since I had encountered Sirius in many other contexts when it came to secret societies, ancient mysteries, spiritual paths. And not all connections to Sirius had these terrible connotations.

The aim of this article is therefore to show that Sirius must somehow be connected to a secret history of humanity. In which way it is connected we cannot be sure.

Part 2: Snippets of Sirius from many different sources

* Aleister Crowley is no doubt the most known colorful and well-known public figure when it comes to occultism. He coined the spelling of "Magick" with ck, invented "sex magick", climbed mountains, feigned to be a "Satanist", wrote poetry and books, led the "Ordo Templi Orientis" an the "Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn", recieved a "channeled" book for the "New Eon" by an "interdimensional being by the name of Aiwass", played chess, and according to conspiracy-theorists also worked for MI6 (though there is no evidence for this). There is plenty of evidence that he was the mentor of Scientology-Founder and sci-fi author L.Ron Hubbard though.

Crowley felt it necessary to encrypt and encode Information on Sirius. Rather than naming Sirius by name he founded an "inner circle" within his O.T.O. called "Argentum Astrum" or AA. Translated from Latin this means "Silver Star" - a name with which he wished to honor Sirius, without speaking its name.

Why him and a few others avoided just saying "Sirius" is unknown. According to Kenneth G. Grant in his book "Tunnels of Typhon", Crowley was obsessed with Sirius but would not say so.

Grant met Aleister Crowley in 1944 and was initiated into Ordo Templi Orientis. In 1946, he was initiated into the A.'.A.'. and was also confirmed as an IX° in O.T.O. According to occult historian P.R. Koenig, Crowley called Grant "a definite gift from the Gods" and in March 1946 wrote in his diary: "Value of Grant: if I die or go to U.S.A., there must be a trained man to take care of the English O.T.O." After Crowley's death, Grant's status as IX° in O.T.O was recognized by Crowley's successor, Karl Germer, in 1948.[1] In 1951, Grant declared, "I am authorized to operate the O.T.O. in England

In his book "Magickal Revival" Grant writes that Phoenix was Crowleys most secret name. It represented the ancient Constellation in which Sothis (Seth) or Sirius was the highest star. He writes that Crowley associated the very heart of his teachings and "Magick" with a certain star, namely the "Sun behind the Sun", the "Hidden God Sirius". The secret of the Illuminati, or the Enlightened Ones is the blazing star Sirius, Grant writes.

A strange corroboration of this sentiment can be found in the 19th Century book "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Rite of Scottish Freemasonry" by Albert Pike. :

The Ancient Astronomers saw all the great Symbols of Masonry in the Stars. Sirius glitters in our lodges as the Blazing Star

Pike also writes:

Sirius or the Dog Star, the friend of Osiris was

Sirius rose before the Sun previous to the swelling of the Nile

Sirius, the Dog Star, named because it gave warning of the overflow,

* An entirely different source on Information about Sirius and its possible significance comes from the author Robert G. Temple (notice the name) and the "Dogon Mystery" (notice how the word "Dogon" resembles "Dog". Sirius is commonly known as the "Dog Star"), according to which the African Dogon Tribe was taught knowledge of Sirius by ancient extraterrestrials. This topic has already been covered in an ATS Premium Thread HERE. Please refer to it on this specific Sirius-Mystery. Suffice it to say that the Dogon claim that "amphibian beings" from Sirius are the originators of the human race, the makers of life, and the lords of the water.

To be continued in next post

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
continued from opening post...

* Yet another source of strange Information on Sirius is Robert Anton Wilson in his book "Cosmic Trigger: The Final Secrets of the Illuminati". Wilson himself claims to have experienced several strange occurences and synchronicities regarding Sirius throughout his life. It is then no wonder that he collects all types of cryptic references to Sirius in his book. Some stuff Wilson has uncovered:

- According to Sufi expert Idries Shah the "true rulers of the world are the "Enlightened Ones" (Illuminati) and the Sufi have discovered their secret in the Quran in the following verse: "Allah is the Light of the Heavens and the Earth. His Light is resembled by a lamp within a niche. The lamp within a crystal, like a shining star.” He claims the allusion to a "shining star" is a reference to Sirius.

- The 23rd of July is the "Holiday" of various secret societies. Wilson says this is because the Ancient Egyptians believed that this is the day that earths connection to Sirius is the strongest (Wilson himself became obsessed with the number 23)

- Wilson speculates that H.P. Lovecrafts "Ancient Elders" are actually extraterrestrials from Sirius.

- He also refers to DOG (as in Dog-Star) being a reverse of GOD and days in July being referred to as "Dog Days" in old English.

- According to him the "Fish-Symbol", which can be found in ancient egypt, with the Dogon and with modern day Christians, represents the DNA Double Helix.

- From the book "Gurdijeff: Making a New World by J.G. Bennet:

„After Gurdijeff died, I was asked by some of the old pupils to write a commentary on Beelzebub. When I had written a few chapters and sent them around for comment, almost all agreed that it would be a mistake to publish them. If Gurdijeff had intended his meaning to be readily accessible to every reader, he would have written the book differently. He himself used to listen to chapters read aloud and if he found the key passage taken too easily – and therefore almost inevitably to superficial – he would rewrite them in order, as he put it, to “bury the dog deeper”. When people corrected him and said he surley meant “bury the bone deeper”, he would turn on them and say it was not “bones” it was the “dog” that you have to find. The dog is Sirius the dog star, which stands for the spirit of wisdom in the Zoroastrian tradition.

- UFO-Contactee George Hunt Williamson claimed, in the 50s, that UFOs come from Sirius and that their Symbols represent "The Eye of Horus" and that this eye can also be seen on our Dollar-Bill.

continued next post

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
continued

* The strangest reference to Sirius comes from science-fiction author Phillip K. Dick and can be read in the article Phillip K. Dick and the Illuminati.

Dick is known for his books and especially the movies which have been made out of his books: Blade Runner. Total Recall. Minority Report. A Scanner Darkly. The Man in the High Tower. Etc.

According to his semi-autobiographical book "Valis", Phillip K. Dick "channeled" his science-fiction books from the Star Sirius.

Final Question: What is it with Sirius that is so important???

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Indeed, if you credit The Terra Papers, Sirius and Orion had races, one canine/lupine in nature (Sirius) and the other reptile in nature (Orion). The DNA of both races was used in creating humans (as well as a bit from a bird race).

The "Creators" were Ea (Enki) of Sirius, and a Nin-hur-sag, which was a scientist from Orion.

Frankly, I have concluded that the Papers are the closest to the truth about our history that is available.

(Link to The Terra Papers in my sig.)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes...the terra papers are fine...but allow some of us to want a little bit of hard-evidence...a paper trail...mysterious connections.... Isnt it nice to confirm stuff like the terra papers with some evidence?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is rather interesting that it is considered the dog star, it happens to be god spelled backwards, like was mentioned, and it is also considered to be the morning star. Morning Star also being Satan. I don't put a lot of stock in such thinking, but I found it interesting nonetheless. So I attempted a little research didn't find much, but I did find a thread posted here almost five years ago. It's a stretch but a good post anyhow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My personal feelings is that this particular star has simply become ingrained in humans. It is bright, highly visible, it's no wonder that through the ages people have attached fantastic claims towards it. Especially during the infancy of civilization.

Either way great thread, and I'll be keeping an eye out to see how it progresses.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've thought the same about Sirius, noticing it being mentioned or symbolised.

The problem is finding out the actual truth. It's origins may have been mis-represented and mis-used over the years by various groups. It's like having pieces to a jigsaw puzzle, but you don't have the picture to use as a guide to assemble it correctly, then you will discover the pieces have "dummy" pieces that don't belong - hence the truth is cleverly disguised, the mind has been muddled and the picture becomes virtually impossible to achieve. So it's knowing what pieces (information) to keep, and what to discard.

I do think ancient Egyptians hold important keys. I also think the Rosicrucians should be looked at in this research towards the truth, but to be aware this group and many others could be placing the dummy pieces intended to confuse and mislead. I once came across a rosicrucian book at a library. I'm assuming this booklet was donated to the library mistakingly and it wasn't supposed to have been seen by the public. It seemed it had been printed independently for use with certain members. I won't repeat here what I read in it - but, there was a message or teaching that was prominent throughout, and in fact you once had a thread about this, you were doing what you're doing here, basically saying you noticed something that had to mean something. I find most of your threads touch on this topic, as they interweave into each other, which is what I mean when I say it's a complicated puzzle. I'm sure you know that!

At some point you do notice certain things keep coming up (like Sirius or Osiris or Sumerian and Phoenecian times), so keep notes on all these, but be aware some could be mis-information or something that others muddled up and distorted. I did once have a tiny obsession on studying all this, but have to say I became even more confused.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Isnt it nice to confirm stuff like the terra papers with some evidence?

Hmmm.... Well, as far as I can see, the Sumerian tablets mesh well with the Papers. And so does most of the other stuff - to an extent. (Although... I suspect the Sirians are not three-eyed...)

I have been in contact with the author of the Papers and believe that he holds knowledge beyond the "history" we have been given. I have worked with one of the people who knew him when the Papers were written, and she, too, believes that Robert was both sincere and informed.

So... It may not be enough for some, but for me, I'm convinced.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I haven't looked at the terra papers in detail. Do you have a good link on them?
Thanks.

In the meantime I'll search around myself.

EDIT:
Is this the link we should use?

[edit on 21-1-2009 by violet]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

EDIT:
Is this the link we should use?

Oh, AWESOME! That link was down for a long while. Glad it's back up, since it is guaranteed to have all the pages.

Yes, that will do very nicely. I will switch my sig back to pointing there.

Thanks!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A very big star and flag from me, I have read the terra papers, and a few other things that have mentioned Sirius (One of which being the dogon mystery).

Quite a few questions buzzing around in my head, but I think I will just continue to read from the replies and see if it gets answered. Though overall interesting correlation between things (the word Sirius )

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I've thought the same about Sirius, noticing it being mentioned or symbolised.

The problem is finding out the actual truth. It's origins may have been mis-represented and mis-used over the years by various groups.

Im pretty certain it was misused by the suicide-group mentioned.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Its not like I havent read the papers. You once recommended them to me on another thread. They`re not too bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Its not like I havent read the papers. You once recommended them to me on another thread. They`re not too bad.

[smile] Damning with faint praise...? [wink]

Actually, though they are not extremely well written (but what does one expect from a college student who is not pursuing English or Writing?), the information they contain made phenominal sense to me. And taking what I know of how things are, combined with interpretations and discoveries, I have given them the highest probability of being The Truth of anything I have read.

Combining the data of the Papers with that found in this book: www.thecrowhouse.com...

I am more and more convinced that, yes, the Sirians are very important in our history, and those with "ancient knowledge" have a clue.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The problem is finding out the actual truth. It's origins may have been mis-represented and mis-used over the years by various groups.

Im pretty certain it was misused by the suicide-group mentioned.

Sometimes someone will take an interest in a certain doctrine or philosophy, but branch off and create their own - which could be the case with the solar temple or halle bop comet one or others that have arisen. They could fully believe in the cause, or deliberately deceive people. One thing is clear, there's always a promise of an afterlife and ascending to a higher form of being.

But back to the star Sirius. I wish I knew for certain when viewing the sky which one it is. I know ... stellarium, but I can't operate that programme on my broken PC. There's alot of threads on ats about a bright star in the sky, and none of the replies satisfy me, "it's Venus, it's Jupiter, its Saturn etc".

The very bright star I see, mostly stays in the southern sky, very low. It's getting brighter and bigger, I think it may be Sirius, but just not sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The very bright star I see, mostly stays in the southern sky, very low. It's getting brighter and bigger, I think it may be Sirius, but just not sure.

I may be wrong, but I have always thought that that southern star that shines the brightest is Sirius. At least thats what some astronomer once told me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Correct Skyfloating

Also in this part of the sky are the two brightest-appearing stars in the night sky, Sirius and Canopus, themselves soon to cross the meridian. We highlighted Sirius - the brightest of all the stars

Magnitude is the standard by which astronomers measure the apparent brightness of objects that appear in the sky. The lower the number, the brighter the object. The brightest stars in the sky are categorized as zero or first magnitude. Negative magnitudes are reserved for the most brilliant objects: the brightest star is Sirius (-1.4);

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thank you Poisonous Poison

Sorry for the one-liner Mods. Sometimes appreciation without much comment is due.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Once again Sky you hit on one of my favourite subjects.

In "Nefs universal theory about things", one of the races that has passed through our little part of the universe probably came from the vicinity of the Sirius system, and was amphibious, accounting for various sea creature legends world wide.

In fact, if you look at the stories of Noah's Ark, and the legends of Atlantis there are some interesting parallels...especially if you take into account the idea that an amphibious race would land in the sea, that their ship could well be huge, akin to a city sized island, and its departure would cause considerable upheaval.

And if it was carrying genetic material, then it could conceivably carry the DNA of every animal on earth, and travel from place to place looking for "safe haven" to land.

All, of course, which would have been nicely jumbled up over time in the chinese whispers game that is legends passed down through the ages.

One of these days, given enough beer and time, I'll write my theories all down. At the moment they are a jumbled mass of badly put together thoughts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Great thread. S&F and swoony, as per.

I have found a site that has extensive and multi-sourced info about Sirius.

I will excerpt and link to some of the more interesting bits that may speak to "What is it with Sirius that is so important?"

Every 49.9 years, the two stars in the system, Sirius A and B, come as close together as their orbits allow, creating huge magnetic storms between them. As they approach each other, the stars both begin to spin faster as tidal forces become stronger, finally flip-flopping over, actually trading places with each other. Imagine a gigantic electrical turbine engine twisting and spinning, generating billions and billions of volts of electricity. This energy is eventually released to flow down the magnetic field lines to the sun, which transmits it like a lens to all the planets.

What does this mean to life on Earth? The previous time it occurred, in 1944, humanity was locked in the greatest conflict ever seen in history, World War II. It happened most recently almost 50 years later, in June, 1993.

The Tibetan master Djwhal Khul, author of the Alice Bailey books, taught in the early 20th century about the effects of the Sirian system on our world. When asked what forces were responsible for the world crisis during World War II, he listed as the number one cause "a welling up of magnetic force on Sirius, which produces effects upon our solar system and particularly upon our Earth." He proclaimed the Sirian energies stimulated both the best and the worst in humanity, as depicted in the global conflict.

LINK

There's more, but I don't to create a monster post so I will be back with it.

EDIT TO ADD:
Better a long post than a double-post on somebody else's thread. (That's ATS etiquette, right?)

When our Sun conjucts with Sirius it is hidden from Earth by the suns glare. It's also kind of interesting to note that this period of 'absence' lasts for 70 days and happens for 35 days before and 35 days after July 4th.

Many other Nations celebrate their Liberation Days in this 70 day period as well.

Sirius is also associated with liberation; in fact, according to ancient teachings, the very concept of freedom itself resides in human consciousness because of the influence of this star system. Interestingly enough, the time each year our sun conjuncts Sirius at 14 degrees Cancer is close to July 4, America's Independence Day! Bastille Day, the French equivalent of Independence Day is July 14, and Canada celebrates its independence from England on July 1; Dominion Day. Venezuela's Independence Day is observed July 5, while Argentina's is celebrated on July 9. And noting, Iraq's Freedom Day, when the new Coalition government took control, happened on June 28, 2004 (two days earlier than it had been announced).

[edit on 22-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join