It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones breaks down two Obama PSA's regarding national service

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What is the Fairness Doctrine?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

en.wikipedia.org...

It pretty much puts media in government control. If you're going to interview a conservative guy for 15 minutes you have to interview a liberal guy for 15 minutes. If you're going to have a sitcom on with a straight couple as main characters you have to have a sitcom on with a gay couple as main characters.

If Rush has a show for three hours than that station has to have a liberal talk show on for three hours.

This means even if it's not profitable to do so radio and television have to broadcast mandated programs. So people who arent entertaining will be getting paid for failing. Sooner or later stations will just stop airing anything but stale, neutral crap.

Maybe it's a good thing. It might get some people off of their couches.

Talk radio during the FD was practically non-existent. It was all just sports, oldies and Spanish on the radio.

Another thing to keep in mind is that because the fed will be the final rule in to what is and is not "fair" the bias in all media will swing wildly depending on who is appointed by who to oversee what.

And, naturally, depending on your bias you'll either love or hate the government mandated message depending on who's in charge.

It should be noted that the internet didnt exist during the FD so if it were re-implemented a whole new set of federal regulations would have to come into play to keep the internet "fair."

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

They're giving no real, substantive solutions to the real problems Americans face right now, it's all feel-good fluff.

And Alex is giving no real substantive solutions to anything Americans face right now, it's all hate filled fear mongering and his freaky posturing while spitting on the microphone and talking to God.

He once was a great listen and had some real information to pass on to people.
Now - he's so strung out on fear mongering and frankly, his own *act*, he's doing more harm than good.

peace

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And Alex is giving no real substantive solutions to anything Americans face right now, it's all hate filled fear mongering and his freaky posturing while spitting on the microphone and talking to God.

He once was a great listen and had some real information to pass on to people.
Now - he's so strung out on fear mongering and frankly, his own *act*, he's doing more harm than good.

peace

Ya he had some real info worth listening to about a year or two after 9/11, then it all started to become just fear mongering and alot of vocal persuasion.

Now it seems like this fella has to almost invent something to complain about and shove it in everyone's faces. I will say this for him, he definately knows how to shove feces into faces.

I doubt there will be any administration this AJ would say a good thing about, past or present or future. He found a nich and is milking that cow for all its worth.

Someone posted a thread about the Stichen books, and that hes only doing it to make a living...well right here you got the very same thing with AJ, publishing videos and books and a radio show...is it any different..other than the subjects?

IMO...no. Well there is one other difference, Stichen doesnt go on microphone telling everyone to fear, to hate, to suspect, and to blame.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I luv Alex Jones!

The first time I saw I these movie actors and actresses pledging there "change" inspired by Obama I was rolling my eyes and was pissed off!
So much effin BS its ridiculous and there's only going to be even more of these retarded commercials!
I hate it!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I thought he was giving those celebs some pretty damn good advice on better ways to affect change, not just saying they're gonna stop flipping off other drivers.

On a personal note, Jones' Hollywood meltdown was the hardest I've ever laughed at him. "ATTACK PROFILE DELTA!!!!!!".

It's not wrong to laugh, humor has a way of cleansing you and helping you come more into focus.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Alex Jones has really lost it.

I say this not as an Obama partisan - my first thoughts were, "more of the same" but he's making the right noises, closing down Guantanamo, repealing the Presidential Order and so on.

I say this as someone who was, until now, if not exactly a fan (Jones is just a bit too much of a blowhard for my taste), but certainly someone who appreciated his robust attitude towards 9/11, who predicted it, who did the interview with what's his name Russo... He's done good work in the past.

But this...

I was expecting to see him "break down" these PSAs as in the thread title.

Dr. Love: for me, "breaking down" means examining carefully and taking a careful, step by step deconstruction of the real intent.

This is just a rant.

Where's the evidence? I mean, come on, the TIPS programme, that was an attempt to turn the US into a full-on police state. This is just an attempt to make people feel all warm and fuzzy, and like most such things it makes me feel like I want to projectile vomit. It seems to me that there are a number of different things happening here.

Firstly, it's a PR move to really differentiate the Obama style from the Dubya years.

Second, financial difficulties are (for most of us) definitely around the corner, so let's get everyone ready to do more for less.

Thirdly, it's clearly an attempt to make community spirit cool again.

Did I miss something, or is there NO EVIDENCE AT ALL that this has anything to do with spying on people? Where did that come from?

The picture that I'm starting to get is that Obama understands that his options are fairly limited and is doing what he can to improve matters without upsetting the big money that runs the country.

I could easily be wrong about this, but as yet I'm not seeing much evidence (you know, evidence, facts and stuff that support an argument? Remember that?) to suggest otherwise.

Alex Jones, on the other hand, has gone into a massive rant. A lot of the things he says are true - about mercury in the food chain, GM foods and so on -but it's just kind of misplaced.

What he is doing here is, to me, almost as vile as any rubbish spouted by the likes of Bill O'Reilly, and aimed at almost the same audience: those people who've been brought up (like most Americans) in a rather superstitious world where Communism is inherently evil, rather than just another political philosophy. The stuff attacking healthcare... I've lived all my life in a country with free healthcare. When I go to the US, I'm uncomfortably aware that anyone without insurance is in real trouble if they fall ill. I'm not sayint the UK National Health Service is brilliant, it has its faults, but it's better than the alternative, even after twenty-plus years of attack from Thatcher and her successors. For Alex Jones to make the jump to eugenics... I don't think he made a case at all.

It's a bizarre, sub-Howard Beale rant, and is of a piece with other things I've recently seen. One YouTube clip was labelled "Alex Jones works out on a 9/11 denier" and it was nothing of the sort. Unless there's some background that I don't know anything about, he was unforgivably rude to someone whose only sin was to call in and be slightly incredulous about his take on 9/11. He made O'Reilly at his bullying abusive worst look like Larry King at his most oily. I agree with his beliefs about 9/11 but nothing justifies that kind of behaviour. Who knows, with a more reasoned approach he might have won the guy over - but I'm sure the guy (who'd hung on for a long time) got off the phone thinking, "***hole!"

He's always been graceless. It looks now as if he's becoming pointless.

I don't want someone like that arguing in my corner. It makes me look like a jerk.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
what part of "Civilian national SECURITY force!" do people not get ! What prey tell please explain to me Obama meant by this . Shsss hear that I think I hear goose stepping , it's it's getting closer !

As for Alex , yeah he can be a bit of blow heart , some stuff he rents about sounds sketchy, like people being arrested for terrorism after spanking their children .
He absolutely de-neighs it, but yes he sometime exaggerates his news. He shines the best when he just sticks to the facts

Plus sometimes when someone calls in to disagree he start tyraiding and foaming at the mouth. It's even worse when he miss understands the poor fool. I like his show and admit I tune in in more than I should .

[edit on 3-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

[edit on 3-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join