It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court sides with police officers in search case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Court sides with police officers in search case

www.ksl.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court says police officers who searched a suspect's home without a warrant cannot be sued for violating his constitutional rights
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
what do you think about this?

i understand that the guy was dealing drugs but if this kind of stuff is allowed a few times its only a matter of time for for they take the mile and it becomes commonplace.

also, they had all the info necessary to obtain a search warrant, why didnt they do it?
a judge would have handed it over easily.

i dont know ATS what do you think?

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don`t know, maybe it`s because if your caught breaking the law, you give up certain rights. Who knows with the way things are going. I always thought that a search warrent was needed for them to enter a home like that. They should have done that to cover their butts, so that question would never have to be answered or even be brought up. I guess laws are meant to be ignored by both sides.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Far, far more concerning than the individual case itself is the fact that the SCOTUS tossed the more rigid rules regarding the handling of constitutional rights violations by agents and have ruled that such cases are purely at the lower judges' "best judgement." That bothers me, a lot. These judges have already demonstrated a propensity for precident setting and lawmaking from the bench, so my faith in their abillity to actually base their decisions on the Constitution without stringent guidelines in place is fairly non-existant.

top topics

join