It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any honest and courageous leaders left?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With so much obvious and blatant criminal activity being committed by the U.S. Government, the American Medical Establishment, the central banks, and the mainstream media, do you mean to tell me there isn't even ONE honest and courageous politician, religious leader, high ranking government official, or member of the media willing to fight against it?

I mean, just how pitiful has the United States become in that we don't have even ONE honest and courageous leader in the entire country? Everybody is either corrupt and taking payoffs, or keeping their mouth shut because someone has a picture of them performing sex acts with a child or a goat? Or is it that people are cooperating with the criminals because they fear for their very lives or the lives of their family?

Currently, every senator and member of the House is either corrupt or spineless. The medical establishment is intentionally murdering hundreds of thousands of Americans every year, all for immense profits. Absolutely nobody in the media has the guts to blow the whistle on all this horror.

All of these criminals and cowards will be so embarrassed when they have to watch a replay of their lifetime, won't they? Wow. None of them even realize that they each planned all this, prior to their latest incarnation, just for the purpose of demonstrating the honesty and courage necessary to simply DO THE RIGHT THING. Most will fail the very test they set up for their self.

Oh well, next lifetime maybe they will have a similar test to pass or fail, only in the next lifetime they will be a dwarf with a hair lip and club feet. What goes around comes around, right?

God Bless us all,

Bruce

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yes. There are just, honest, courageous leaders. Unfortunately, you'll not find any in the White House, the Senate, or the House of Representatives.

Our founding fathers intended that citizen leaders would be elected to office, do a term or two, and go home to their lives.

Because we don't have term limits, we have a new animal, the professional politicians.

Once they get their heads in, just like ticks, they are harder than hell go get rid of, as they are happy to keep sucking the life blood of their host, the American people.

Term limits. No more than two terms in the same office.

Not enough time to become completely perverted and crooked, not enough time to have more money coming in the back door than the front.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd agree that there are certainly honest and courageous leaders left. You just don't see them in a 2 minute blurb on the news. I disagree that there are no honest and courageous leaders in Washington. I think Dick Lugar is one in the Senate and I think Mike Pence is one in the House. I'm sure there are many others.

I also don't think term limits is the first place to go. I think there's a lot to be said for experience and continuity. Way before I'd go to term limits, I'd eliminate gerrymandering. I think that's a much bigger issue. As long as gerrymandering is a reality, term limits are irrelevant. You get the same ol' with a change in name only. The state party powerbrokers still virtually determine who wins the overwhelming majority of Congressional seats. Substituting one weasel for another one doesn't help and in fact since the new weasel has no experience, you may be worse off.

I also believe it's time we give some serious thought to dramatically increasing the size of the House of Representatives. That's for another thread. If I ever have time (ha!) maybe I'll start it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

Are there any honest and courageous leaders left?

Yes there is "Gordon Brown"... Ohhh wait Baaaaddddddd Example

Ladies and Gentlemen here is your Brave and courageous leader...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

yeah. But, experience in being turds is not exactly productive experience. It isn't a moon program. It's government. Constitutional government maintenance.

Term limits will cause the movers and shakers to get things done, and they know that they are going to have to go home after their term. A good incentive to do what's right for the country, and not what's good for them.

No empire building.

Right now, our senior federal politicians are concerned with two things: raising money for reelection, and acquiring more influence and power.

Not the best of virtues.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't disagree with the problems surrounding focusing on reelection. Democracy's a messy business. My personal opinion is that we could get a lot further, and maybe have the same effect as having term limits (at least in the House), if the elections weren't all but a foregone conclusion. I'd rather keep it in the hands of the electorate to make a decision than force the issue by mandate. At least until other possibilities have been tried.

Here's an interesting question: Which do you think the PTB would prefer, term limits or an end to gerrymandering?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No because the world is so intermixed with so many people with differing opinions that you just can't please a majority.... although the upcoming totalitarianism will sort that out.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe we'd do better choosing our representatives by lot. Choose at random for each office 12 people, and let the folks vote for their selection.

It would never work, but it would certainly be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join