It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama freezing pay of top staff; signs ethics rules

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
Note the key word "Frozen", rather than "Capped".
This means that he actually expects a depression and the GDP to reduce significantly, so he's protecting his friend's income and making sure they will always be paid more than the average worker.

Are you high?

Really.... The average worker where? Go look at Corporate America and you will see that his staff makes LESS than the average worker.

Some people and their diatribes...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I agree Bush did some things which were really good. But then again he did a whole lot of things that need undoing.

I feel sad for you.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ummm you do know the average income in the U.S. is about $36,000 right?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
Why doesnt he annouce an investigation into Barney Franks gay lover at freddie mac whom set up and gamed the entire housing market?

Perhaps he's leaving that for day two.

What he doesn't get addressed on day two will be left for day three, and so on.

I would like to see him get to taking out the patriot act sooner rather than later. It was an insidious piece of work.

Geez, there are just so many, really serious things that need to be fixed. Give him time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No no, this is not new age mumbo jumbo...
This was one of the actual things being recorded by the Mayans with their calendar.

Here is a very interesting series of videos by a brilliant man named Ian Xel Lungold (RIP). I recommend you watch the entire video as it is very informative, but he begins to talk about the era of Ethics at about halfway through Part 2.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
For show only....... $170Million that was blown yesterday..........02c

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Pinktip]
Good God, Im going to type this slowly as it is the only thing I know to do to assist you along... Yes I know it wont help but I will still do it.

They had to spend much more on him because up until now the majority of Americans wouldnt vote a man into office based on his color. This is what we call stupidity, racist, and a shame. We STILL TODAY have MILLIONS of stupid Americans that would like to kill him because of his color.

This increased the cost two fold. More security, because of the trashy bigots that call themselves Americans trying to kill him. Then we have the fact that MANY Americans were happy that the country FINALLY (Only took a couple hundred years, Americans are quick, eh?) got over that # and by droves they came from all over the country to see history made.

Now we can add in to the equation the disastrous president Bush, with the lowest approval rating of a departing president ever and the blood of many Americans on his hands (not only those killed in Iraq, but those killed on 9/11 while his administration sat with their thumb in their ass). This makes it even more exciting. If you still dont get it PM me your phone number and I will call and explain it to you.

This is great. Obama comes out kicking ass and people start crying because they wanted him to fail and so far (very early though) he is looking ok.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by shug7272]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I agree with you, we need to keep a running thread just for the changes which will take place both negative and Positive, I have a feeling it is going to be a very fast moving compilation. As for for day one I am very happy with the progress.

He is making strides to unravel the wicked web of deceit laid out by the bush administration, I bet people are NeRvOuSsss on Capitol Hill!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272

Originally posted by Pinktip
For show only....... $170Million that was blown yesterday..........02c

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Pinktip]
Good God, Im going to type this slowly as it is the only thing I know to do to assist you along... Yes I know it wont help but I will still do it.

They had to spend much more on him because up until now the majority of Americans wouldnt vote a man into office based on his color. This is what we call stupidity, racist, and a shame. We STILL TODAY have MILLIONS of stupid Americans that would like to kill him because of his color.

This increased the cost two fold. More security, because of the trashy bigots that call themselves Americans trying to kill him. Then we have the fact that MANY Americans were happy that the country FINALLY (Only took a couple hundred years, Americans are quick, eh?) got over that # and by droves they came from all over the country to see history made.

Now we can add in to the equation the disastrous president Bush, with the lowest approval rating of a departing president ever and the blood of many Americans on his hands (not only those killed in Iraq, but those killed on 9/11 while his administration sat with their thumb in their ass). This makes it even more exciting. If you still dont get it PM me your phone number and I will call and explain it to you.

This is great. Obama comes out kicking ass and people start crying because they wanted him to fail and so far (very early though) he is looking ok.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by shug7272]

and the cost was only about 49 mil, the rest was paid for by contributions

www.tampabays10.com...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Question Fate]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm surprised none of you jumped at the FOIA comment? I had expected more input from a conspiracy forum, really you guys are slacking off, wheres the UFO, NWO conspiracies when you need em

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobalt7
I'm surprised none of you jumped at the FOIA comment? I had expected more input from a conspiracy forum, really you guys are slacking off, wheres the UFO, NWO conspiracies when you need em

its too early

too much haterade still flowing. Things wont be "normal" I suspect for another 2 or so years.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This was a post I made yesterday on the infamous "Are you crying" thread and I just wanted to bring it over for anyone who may have missed his incredible speech at the 2004 DNC speaking on behalf of Kerry. He blew everyone away and it was at this point he made it clear that he has the potential to be a fearless leader of this country. I can only hope that he takes this fire and sparks the needed change he based his entire campaign on.

I just started reading this thread and am only on the first page or so.

Originally posted by antar
This was the moment when he defined what it meant to be a Politician of Conscious, something gravely missing in the past 2 Bush administrations.

He was desperate to fight against another 4 years of Bush and this speech was when he was chosen by many intellectuals for the 2009 Presidency.

I wish he would have given this speech at his Inauguration... But alas so much has changed in these past 4 years and his apparent fears for the direction the last administration was leading us, has come to full fruition and what is left is the biggest quagmire of diplomatic , economic and security failures.

The last 8 years has done all but burn our constitution on the White house BBQ pit.

I do not know how far we will succeed in the cleanup in the next 4 years, but I know that we will not be continuing down the same destructive path for the American people.

I ask that you take a couple of minutes and watch this video as it is Obama unleashed, free speaking and without fear of reprisal of the NWO.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I signed the Presidents comments book or what ever it was called, I just fell into it really, and made a comment or two about disclosure, well driving home from town tonight I heard on C2C that out of a hundred thousand (?) suggestions only 23 were on disclosure to be made in a timely manner, and out of those 23 comments it recieved 117 votes. 6 of them were the top something or other...

His promise for tranparency in Government and the call to release to the public all FOIA documents should keep us at ATS really busy in 2009.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Nice one, Oboema. Sincerely hope you're one of very few politicians that won't screw over its people! Rather have some good things develop than only bad things.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just to let people know that the Executive Orders he signed yesterday have been posted online on whitehouse.gov:

Presidential Records

Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel

The Presidential Records executive order revokes Bush's Executive Order 13233.

Sec. 6. Revocation. Executive Order 13233 of November 1, 2001, is revoked.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Yep I just read a Yahoo article about everyone in Washinghton making over $100,000 gets a pay freeze.
Excellent start IMO.
Cleaning Wall Street as Well as The rest of this mess he's inherited Starts by Cleaning your own House.
Excellent news.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by VType]

Yes but there's a problem even here. Those staff go to private business and lobby Washington for a great deal more.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This is a step down the right path. However salaries in the government have not really been an issue. Most are underpaid which I think leads to some of the problems. Some have to support homes in DC and their real homes which would be nearly impossible on $100,000.00 a year and way below what civilian counterparts earn for the same jobs.

Civilian counterpart???

Most people in the USA can survive on $30,000 or less, so the statement of 100k poor politicians, with full benefits doesn't fly.

Time to sell one of those homes, take a bus or train to DC, live in barracks like everyone else in the armed forces.

I have survived on $30,000 or less for more than 20 years and still live good. It's time for people to wake up and learn how to budget, downsize, and be responsible.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
its an illusion to continue the bailout!! satisfy the people.. make it look fair.. distract minds and gain trust. then push the bailout with the new trust in play!

but i may be wrong .. but Obama DOES support the bailout which in turn does not help us people.. but who knows whats gona happen. I know we are doomed since UK banks fell apart.. once Obama makes a few adjustments before we get affected once we are affected his policies might be used for his benifit. I might be wrong i hope i am .. but honestly who knows.. another disaster and then we are pushed even further with our money situation. once our money situation is expired all these cuts wont mean anything. i hope im wrong

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Yep I just read a Yahoo article about everyone in Washinghton making over $100,000 gets a pay freeze.
Excellent start IMO.
Cleaning Wall Street as Well as The rest of this mess he's inherited Starts by Cleaning your own House.
Excellent news.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by VType]

You do know that his suite in Washington cost 20,000 USD a night, before he could move to the White House, don't you?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A little bit more information about the new FOIA guidelines:

The directives are not yet up on the Whitehouse website, but according to Politico.com, the Presidential Memorandum on Transparency and Open Government instructs three senior officials, including an as-yet-unnamed chief technology officer, to produce within 120 days an Open Government Directive detailing specific actions to implement open principles.

The Presidential Memorandum on the Freedom of Information Act instructs the Attorney General to also issue new openness guidelines. The new FOIA memo is seen as effectively reversing a memo issued by Attorney General Ashcroft in 2001 urging government agencies to withhold information from the public whenever legally possible. - source

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join