It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemicals create two-headed fish larvae

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
CHEMICAL contamination from farm runoff has been blamed after millions of fish larvae in the Noosa River were found to have grown two heads.

The disfigured larvae are thought to have been affected by one of two popular farm chemicals, either the insecticide endosulphan or the fungicide carbendazim, the Courier Mail reports.

Former NSW fisheries scientist and aquaculture veterinarian Matt Landos yesterday called on the Federal Government to ban the chemicals and urgently find replacements.

Dr Landos said about 90 per cent of larvae spawned at the Sunland Fish Hatchery from bass taken from the river were deformed and all died within 48 hours.

"It certainly looks like the fish have been exposed to something in the river," Dr Landos said.

"I wouldn't like to be having kids and living next to a place that uses these chemicals and I wouldn't like to be drinking tank water where they are in use."

www.news.com.au...

How many rivers have these chemicals in them? How much of this are we and our children drinking? I didnt even know a 2 headed fish was possible...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
No one wanted to touch this one huh? lol i dont blame yall lol

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This happens to other wildlife often if exposed to pesticides or phosphates or other chemicals, especially to amphibians.
Nothing more to say.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Lulz, two-headed fish ftw.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Obama Strikes again!!!!
(MODS...be gentle)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
This happens to other wildlife often if exposed to pesticides or phosphates or other chemicals, especially to amphibians.
Nothing more to say.

Whats more to say is that our rivers, lakes and streams have these chemicals in them - if this is what they do to fish, what will they do to us human beings?

top topics

join