It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China renews pledge of 'no first use' of nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
China on Tuesday renewed its pledge never to be the first to use nuclear weapons in a military conflict, and senior military leaders vowed greater openness about the strengthening of the world's biggest armed forces even as they brushed aside questions on weapon systems and missiles aimed at Taiwan.

China's nuclear missiles "are not aimed at any country," a 105-page report says.

For the first time, the annual defense survey outlines how China would respond to a nuclear threat, saying that it would first put its nuclear arsenal on full alert, a move designed "to deter the enemy from using nuclear weapons against China."

If an enemy nation fires nuclear missiles at China, the report says, China would "launch a resolute counter-attack."

www.mcclatchydc.com...

I had never even heard of China's policy in this regard. I was completely unaware that they do NOT have missiles already targeted on The USA and that they have a 'no first use' policy. I guess we can all rest a little better at night knowing that China may not be so big and mean after all...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interesting, good find.
The only thing that gives me concern. Is the fact that they have had such a close military relationship with Russia over the last 15 years.
Given the sate of Russia's economy at that time. I would be willing to bet an arm and a leg that their technology benefited immensely from this.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grock

I had never even heard of China's policy in this regard. I was completely unaware that they do NOT have missiles already targeted on The USA and that they have a 'no first use' policy. I guess we can all rest a little better at night knowing that China may not be so big and mean after all...

Yeah ok

Believe that? and all their nukes are just sitting around and aimed at places like Gambia, Shangrala, and Easter island

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This would be because

China knows if she can survive 100 more years...she will be the Super Power.

new topics

top topics

join