It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So is Now a good time too bring Rove and Co. up before a Court/Grand Jury?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Seeing as how there was a big push too nail Rove and a few others in the Bush/Cheney circle over their Illegal uses of powers,etc... not long ago.
And at that time there seemed a fear of Bush/Cheney possibly commuting/pardoning anyone of them if indeed they were indicted at the end of his term.
Wouldnt Now be a good time too start serving papers and catching these crooks (both politically and financially IMO).
And at least setting the record straight on the No Rules governing that the Whitehouse enjoyed under Roves direction.
Please No personal Flame Wars folks.
Just opinions Please.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What charges? Just about everything they have been accused of, Congress has granted them immunity. If Congress saw fit to grant immunity, doesn't that suggest that there was some kind of justification for what they did?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've been contemplating this.

I really don't want to hear anymore about Bush, Rove, Gonzales, torture or terrorism. The thought of a Special Prosecutor and more hearings nauseates me.

As a means of turning the page on a bad chapter, I'm inclined to think we shouldn't pursue prosecutions against Bush administration officials, but it might be necessary in order to show the world that, in the U.S., we actually live by the laws and standards we profess.

How can we say we have changed if we don't correct our errors?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There will never be a good time to bring the war criminals and traitors of the bush administration to justice as long as the congress is filled with cowards and idiots. The so-called Democrats under Pelosi and Reid lack the guts and intelligence necessary to address the criminality of the bushies. 0bama is of the same ilk. They intend to act as if the last eight years never happened and they expect the American people to just STFU and forget about it.

The real problem facing us is that politicians are all criminals at heart. They come in three flavors: Felons, wannabe felons, and accessories before and after the fact. That is why you will never see any of them move to expose the crimes of their fellow politicians. They all aspire to do the same or worse, so they aren't going to be too quick to throw stones at anyone else's glass houses.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i would suggest letting the world court deal with them.
as soon as they put a foot out of the usa , they would be arrested and held for trial.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just relax.... It's not going to happen.

Eight years ago, when Bush took the white house, I heard the same types of things except it was about the Clinton administration.

You'd hear "Now, we'll get to the truth about all the crimes committed by the Clinton.

Nothing happened.

Nothing will happen to the Bush administration either. There are just way way too many skeletons in the closets in Washington. Start something against the republicans and the republicans will fire back with things that the democrats have done.

Politicians are all scoundrels and they won't rat each other out.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I dont know guys I think Obama is doing what none have had the guts too do for years.
Give the government back too All the people. He's doing more things for the people in one day than Bush did in years.
He's a Ethic's first guy too the core and Im sure he will ask for or table an inquiry of some type into all the Rove,Cheney,Bush,etc.. missgivings as more evidence starts too unravel.
Frankly Id like too know how Blackwater and its other Black partners get away with so much of our militarys Tax dollars over in the Middle Eastern region yet deliver near zero too negative numbers in return.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If crimes have been committed, then they should be prosecuted--however inconvenient.

We are either a nation built on the 'rule of law'....or not.

If not, then our little experiment has run its course and we join the ranks of every other example of human governance for the past 6000 years.

Choose wisely people.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Whoops looks like I was on the right track here apparently.
Rove just may have some splainnin too do after all.
Ha Ha!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Honestly though Ill take Anything that gets his quite homely Pumpkin Head off of the damn Fox News.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Obama isn't interested in dedicating his first four years of office to legal proceedings against the previous administration. He is interested in becoming the greatest President in the history of the United States. I'm more inclined to think he'll spend his time trying to revolutionize healthcare or the "green" industry, but not before he fixes the economy which is a global issue, not confined to these United States.

To fix the economy, he (or anyone in his administration) would have to understand it and they don't seem to. They want to throw money at the problem until it goes away, but the money is worthless. So, Obama is going to spend the first four years trying to fix the economy.

new topics

top topics

join