It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama refers to his "Son" at the Youth Ball.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

At 2:30 into this segment The President refers to his Son, any ideas on what he meant?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sounds to me like something was edited out right before he said son ..
Sorry for the one liner ..lol

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
My father is very involved with the youth of our community and he sometimes refers to some of the boys as son or my son when speaking to them or about them. I guess its a form of connectivity with them perhaps.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
just watched it. pretty strange. maybe he meant it metaphorically but i doubt it. he ascended so fast that there is surely lots of skeletons in his closet that will come out when They want them to.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Not a very good listener are we now. Listen again and comprehend.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
He was speaking of people that have come up to him relating their stories of how their children inspired them to take action or vote...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
He's paraphrasing what a supporter(s) said.
Start listening at 2:00. It's quite obvious.
"I can't tell you how many people have come up to Michelle and my self and said..."

[edit on 1/21/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker

At 2:30 into this segment The President refers to his Son, any ideas on what he meant?

I have no clue.. I have heard no mention of this son in anything I've read about Obama. Maybe his speech writer goofed, and he failed to catch it while delivering his pep talk.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

No I guess I'm not a very good listener can you explain what I'm hearing?
I've listened to this over and over and I can't infer anything other than what is said.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I've seen alot of your posts on many topics and you can crush a thread like no other here at ATS. I respect you for this and in this instance I think your correct again. After going back and re-listening again I think you might be right.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Start listening at 2:00. He's paraphrasing what he's heard his supporters say.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker

www.youtube.com...

he was talking about the sons of the people that were skeptical about voting for obama in the first place...i saw this entire little speech, and of course it has been distorted in this thread as to mean something else. SHOCKER!!, but this will continue...just watch FOX NEWS.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We are all His 'son'.

All praise Obama The Merciful, may He reign forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I don't think I've distorted anything. Last night I was watching this and about fell out of my chair when he said that. Today I was able to find it on Y-tube and post what I thought at first was a show stopper. Sorry if I've mislead anybody, but I did want opinions on this. I'll try and be a more astute listener in the future.

The Mods will take this thread down if it's been sufficiently debunked.

Sorry again if I've mislead anyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

And in regards to watching Fox news, I'd rather take a ride down a razorblade slide into a pool of Iodine than watch those renobs. Talk about distorting the truth, after one minute of listening to Carl Rove and his expert opinion makes me wanna

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He was giving examples, he was using what other people had told him. He was quoting them. Talking about how the youth changed the older generations opinions of him and voting for him. He wasn't talking about his son. He doesn't have one.

new topics

top topics

join