It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama speech censored in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Aside from aknowledgement of various religious beliefs, exactly what in his speech did they find to censor? From the eyes of this die-hard individualist and Constitutionalist, his speech essentially seemed to embrace many of the ideals of communism. He spoke far more about self sacrifice for the good of the "state" (in the form of the world rather than our nation's sovreignity, no less... there's one for you NWO CTs to jump all over from him) and more about our cooperating and forming "alliances" with communism and even fascist regimes than he did about actually fighting against them.

Speaking honestly and truthfully here, the speech was about as neutral a stance towards everything we as a country have both fighted for and against as you can get.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Aside from aknowledgement of various religious beliefs, exactly what in his speech did they find to censor?

I would imagine evocative words like

Freedom

Choices

Equality

Consideration

Curiosity

Honesty

just a few examples.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The day it becomes impossible to 'rally' around the invented threat of 'communist' or 'terrorist' might be the day the US gets Balkanized and starts having their own little war sports. Some days it really seems that the only thing American posters to ATS can agree on is that the rest of the world ( especially 'communist' and 'terrorist') wants to 'kill em all'.

It would be funny but these nuts are often armed and even when not they sponsor a too well armed government.

Sad stuff.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
China did what?! It's not like they're commu-

Oh.

Well, at least they're not oppress-

Oh, wait, wait.

All China bashing aside, this wasn't exactly unexpected. They can't have their people believing that the Glorious System isn't so great, and if Obama says America "defeated" it, or whatever his exact words were, that's not good for those in power.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm in Beijing
I want to know if there is any difference between the version you get
and I get?
Obama speech

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I checked some versions just now
Only official versions cut the word "communism"
however, we can get information in multi ways

[edit on 22-1-2009 by gs001]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

question for you: if someone in china is sent an email containing a link with a religious sermon can they get in trouble?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

obama is all talk, bush turned usa into fascist communist state, while china has become economic leader of world

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
what have they got to worry about? china is one of the least communist countries going...its a cabilic dictarship that calls itself communist as a mask......its never been communist always a brutal empire ruled by a few who call themselves the communist peoples party.
infact i struggle to think of any nation that was ever really communist at all,they were all just opressive regimes created by brainwashed "comrades" who didnt have a clue about reality or governance.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If Chinese government persists on the title of "communism"
you Americans can always keep your moral high ground over China.

But to most of ordinary Chinese people, if the government can brings them prosperity, who care about its title?

[edit on 23-1-2009 by gs001]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join