It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over California ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
this looks like a really good UFO video to me. is the object moving to fast to be the ISS ? if so what could it be ?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I dont think the ISS would glow like that but I'm not an expert.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It might be the ISS or any other satellite. The brightness is uniform and the path is straight. Clearly it might be a satellite.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Branches do suggest that it's moving quite fast. Other than that it' just a dot like so many UFO youtube stuff. ISS would move a lot slower, seems to be only a few km's high in the sky.

Keep waiting for some DSLR with HD record capability and a good hosting service

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know anything about Photoshop or any of those other clever media manipulators but I agree with you that this one looks pretty goo to my untrained eye. I think that part that gripped me was that this object had to be awful high in the atmosphere for him to be able to shoot it for so long of a distance without it changing size or losing site of it. It was like he was shooting a fast moving moon.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
the video is grainy but i don't see any blinking lights common with aircraft and to me it doesn't look like an iridium flare.

certainly seems to be traveling very fast towards the end of the video.

could this be a Foo Fighter UFO ?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.santafeghostandhistorytours.com...

[edit on 21-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

If it was moving I don't know. Otherwise I would think it was Sirius.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Stranded]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can film ISS, and it look the same, or even much weird.
Why all of you said is about too speedy for ISS?

Then try yourself to film ISS al full zoom (20 x ore more), and you will see how speedy will appear in relation with static stuff (like branches).
With enough zoom, you will easy see even stars moving . (i remember recent topic with Venus moving in 3 minutes a quarter of the frame, at 20 x zoom)

[edit on 21/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Since this was captured by our own Johnny Anon. why not ask him?

HEY JOHNNY!! What's up?

-ProjectPhyrePhly- (P3)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stranded

right its Sirius... the cameraman was moving around a tree, why we have the effect that the Comet is moving fast

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Johhny has always caught the most amazing videos. I know, I videotape with him. And the best part is he is not willing to say, "This is a UFO" unless he has absolutely proven that any other explanation is wrong.

Anything he posts, he posts to see what other people think about it, before he makes any conclusion himself.

Johhny, keep it up, my friend! See you in a few days! Got your camcorders ready?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonora-Sightings

just to clear here...Johhny didn't post this video in this thread, i did

i found it on youtube and thought it was very interesting and if he chooses to say something about it that would be great because i really want to know what was going on in this video...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Did you even watch the video?!? It HOVERSfor 20 seconds..THEN moves..can the ISS do that? what will they say next, it appear to hover because a cloud magnified its position making it seem to stand still..ya...oookk...

Originally posted by peacejet
It might be the ISS or any other satellite. The brightness is uniform and the path is straight. Clearly it might be a satellite.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"It HOVERSfor 20 seconds"

It may have appeared to the OP to hover but with regard to the video the only fact that can be determined is that it was stationary in the frame for a time. Does not follow that it hovered. There are many artifacts of camera movement or relationship to the lens that could cause it to appear stationary in the frame.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Im pretty sure the guy taking the video would know if it is hovering or not seeing as he was there. As someone else stated he has taken other videos and so im sure he isnt stupid. It looks interesting to me and i would not say its the ISS as it cannot stop and start at will like that. Good find easynow

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
this looks like a really good UFO video to me. is the object moving to fast to be the ISS ? if so what could it be ?

Sorry it took so long for me to respond... It's been a very busy and hectic schedule for all the staff here at AboveTopSecret.com. I'll attempt to explain on what I can remember about this aerial phenomena event.

Location:California Foothills 40 miles South of Sonora-Time: 5:25 PM
Although it's unclear as to what this object may be, it was very bright and appeared to be hovering and moving at a much lower elevation than that of normal 'air-traffic'. The size is undetermined yet due to its brightness and its (assumed) low elevation its been theorized to be perhaps as large as a mid-size vehicle. This assumption is based on previous captures at the same focal range and luminosity of objects captured using the same camera and lenses. Although this is solely conjecture on my part and should in no way be considered "an absolute" as there are little to 'no' reference points to judge it against.

I was outside behind my house and was feeding my dog. I happen to glance towards the skyline as I always do when ever I'm outside and noticed what I thought was a large low-flying craft. But it did not move and it was much to soon for there to be any hint of celestial bodies and the sun was just setting. I observed it for almost a full ten seconds and then rushed over to grab my camera (which was about eight feet away). I quickly started recording and the object just about the same time started moving from a stationary position to a trajectory towards the southeast. I continued to record this event until it went behing and was hidden by the house's roof line in my POV (Point Of View).

No sound was noticed to be associated with this object. The shape is assumed to be a oval shape. Speed was undetermined. No pulsations or strobe was observed by the craft. I was the sole witness. The aircraft it passed by seem undeterred. Trajectory was verily straight and consistent and I could see how some might think it to be the ISS or a satellite. If it were not for the fact that I personally witnessed and observed it motionless for 20+ seconds, I too would have written it off as simply a "known craft/object".

So again, yes, I did capture "something". As to what it is, nope, not a clue. I find this to be a reoccurring theme in most of my captures. I guess I should be just happy with capturing "something" unusual.... but that doesn't really "cut the mustard" in my personal quest for answers, so I keep looking upwards, hoping/waiting for my next capture with possibly another addition to this jigsaw puzzle I've been trying to piece together.

By the way.. I don't know where the YouTuber got that footage from, but I will be contacting him/her and file a DMCA against them... So enjoy it while you can.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Sonora-Sightings

just to clear here...Johhny didn't post this video in this thread, i did

i found it on youtube and thought it was very interesting and if he chooses to say something about it that would be great because i really want to know what was going on in this video...

OK.. again.. this is another DMCA conflict as I've never posted any of my footage on YouTube and have no desire to (at this time). I was trying to find answers and had either submitted my footage for analysis through NUFORAC, HBCCUFO or UFOCaseBook (as I had developed a relationship with all of the above in one way/shape or another), but never YouTube. I just want to be clear on that. There is way too much compression and pixelization added to compress the quality of the footage on YouTube, and I personally think anyone that attempts to do any analysis on a YouTube video is just short of being a armchair analyzing idiot (these are my own feelings, yours may differ). The only person (except for above said entities) that have my permission to post footage is Dr. Mark Olson of www.sonora-sightings.com... And this is only because I've developed a 'working friendship' with him and his quest for answers to what these things are (which mirrors my own quest). With that said.. Here's the report from 1-18-06 and I like to mention that the times on the camera and what is reported is an hour off. This is because I had not rotated/fixed the camera to the correct time at the time of this shooting, so yes, I know it doesn't match what the footage claims..

40 Miles Southeast Of Sonora, California - Exploding/Imploding Object
Date of Event: January 18th, 2006
Time of Event: Noticed first at 5:22pm and lasted till about 5:42pm
Number of Witnesses: 2, Myself and my dog (yes, I'm being humerous here, get over it)
Duration of Event: About 20 minutes including being first noticed by the naked eye
Type of Object: Unknown, extremely bright white and luminous
Size of Object: Unknown, But due to the time it took for the debris to fall back to Earth it is assumed to have been quite large. (conjecture)
Shape of Object: Spheroid/Round

At approximately 5:02pm (PST) I went into the backyard to see why my dog was barking. While I was out there I did my general habit of scanning the skies for anything out of the unusual. A few clouds in the background along with mostly blue skies and nothing else.
I decided to rake some leaves as we had had a storm blow thru and knock off the last of them. At about 5:22pm I had finished and again glanced around the skies.

This time there was what I thought was either a very bright star or perhaps even Venus in the Southern region. I thought this rather strange as I would've thought that nothing could be seen yet as the Sun was just starting to set. I observed this object for a good 3 or 4 minutes and it didn't appear to be moving which just increased my curiosity. I decided to retrieve my binoculars and get perhaps a closer look of this bright star or planet.

A few minutes later I'm zeroing in on this bright object and could tell right off that this wasn't a star or planet as I've observed both from the same vantage point and this object was much to big to be either.

Since I had a teleconversion lens already attached to my camcorder I decided to tape a bit of it as one never knows. After a few more minutes I had my tripod set up and zoomed in on the object. I was able to use a normal viewing mode with no need to use nitevision as there was still more than enough available ambient light. Then I noticed something peculiar.

At the bottom of this big bright luminous object, another smaller object possibly 1/15th (or smaller) the size appeared below the larger object. I immediately started recording and continued taping for the continuation of this event. The sun had set and I wondered if by switching to "NiteVision" mode would reveal even more. It was then that I saw what I thought was another object come out of the smaller object and start traveling upward above both the smaller and larger object. In retrospect, I now believe that what I thought was another object was in fact the middle star in "Orions Belt" that was hidden by both objects.

But not knowing this at the time, I actually thought that I might have encountered a craft moving away from the larger object and so followed it for several minutes. The larger object was probably somewhere between 95-110 degrees arc in the southern sky and was very slowly moving towards the west, meanwhile what I thought was another craft was moving steadily upward.

I decided to zoom back a bit and include the larger object along with the other upwardly moving object. Within about one minute of my doing so, the larger object explodes (or implodes) and tumbles back to the earth with a shower of debris and smoke (conjecture). I followed the tumbling pieces for another minute or so until I was not able see any more of it.

Included is a Digitally Processed frame that shows both the large and small object and a small graphic showing the POV (Point of View) of the cameraperson and where Orion's belt was at the time.

I should point out that my cameras clock is exactly one hour fast on the video as I've not changed it yet. I also shorten segments of the 6 minutes or so of the footage to show the object first in daylight and then later with "NiteVision" so as to have a point of time reference for the viewer.

UFORA Member
Johnny Anonymous

And this has been discussed numerous times here at ATS (and many other places). No conclusions have been made nor do I expect any nor do I even care anymore unless someone from the Military comes up and says "Hey Johnny, we were doing an experiment and thats what you captured". But if you feel you must investigate more into it feel free, but I won't be adding to the discussion anymore than what I have done so presently and in the past. I'll even help you out with the first found ATS link discussion;

Exploding ufo caught on tape

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Damn I'd be really pissed off if someone was posting "my videos" on you-tube.

Especially the exploding one.

I read in the other link (thread), that you have a good idea who uploaded the video JA?

I hope there is some copyright laws he broke, and you can sue him, and become rich, and by all the Video/audio gear youheart desires. *edit* NM, I see sonora admits to upping the video, and I suppose the "copyright" Johnny anonamous" in the corner of the film gets him off the hook. But really, the film is so degraded on you-tube it's nearly worthless. Why upload genuine videos to such a crappy website?

Anywho....

Really if I didn't know you from these boards and the podcasts and your show with Dave, I woulda thought the camera mans reaction was not proper at all, and thus chalked the exploding UFO up as a hoax.

However, knowing a bit about you, and your demeneor(sp?), I know it isn't a hoax.

So it was a good lesson for me really to just know that different people react in different ways....,and there's ALL sorts of people in the world.

But again I'd be generally po'd that someone is uploading my footage. Either way, your a class act as always Johnny.

Amazing footage btw, though I believe I've seen it here on ATS before. a while back.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

many thanks to you JohhnyAnonymous for your most excellent post !

i have to say that i was very surprised to find these videos on youtube and i thought they might be something you had just let everyone get a copy of so more people would be aware of your work or something like that. obviously you have made it clear that is not the case and after reading your post i understand now how they probably got on youtube.

so yea if your wanting to keep these private then i don't blame you a bit so i will try to enjoy and study the footage while i can. i do have to tell you that i kinda have a personal interest in this type of ufo video because i have seen something very similar to this object back in the 80's here in Florida. i don't want to go into the details of my encounter but i will just let you know that my experience with one of these things was not a pleasant one. that's why this video caught my attention big time.

by me posting it here on ATS i was hoping to find other people that had seen this kind of UFO and wanted to talk about it. there are a few other videos that i have seen like this but yours is truly the best one i have seen so far. so i am glad you got this on video Johhny and i appreciate the research and the hard work you must have done to be able to post the information you have. great job on this and i am totally impressed

thanks again and i gotta ask...

any plans to post other ufo videos you have here at ATS ?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynowthanks again and i gotta ask...
any plans to post other ufo videos you have here at ATS ?

At this time I would have to say no, not unless it's a ATS related scenario such as in an investigation. Anything I personally shoot/capture is solely for my own benefit in my quest and is not intended for public exposure, assesment or scrutiny. I have several orginizations that I belong to and personal associates that are brutal in their scrutiny/analysis, and I trust them.

I am solely a amateur ufologist with a lot of questions that spends many-many hours looking/watching the skies. But who knows, perhaps one day I'll get an extremely great capture and change my mind. And by great capture I mean really something, (unlike this shot I captured in 2006). Although it had all the classic features of a disc with a cupola, I made the mistake of having a outside party enhance it and this is what I got back.

BTW.. This is just another reason why I don't believe in someone that uses a lot of enhancements... If you use enough filters and plugins you can make an object into anything you want)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join