It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large purple Orb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
First time poster on this part of ATS.

I'd like to offer this photo for your consideration:

The photo was originally posted on my wife's general discussion website. The child's mother is far from concerned about the orb's appearance in such close proximity to her baby, indeed she likes to think it is a manifestation of a guardian angel.

I have yet to receive any info on the camera, but have been told some facts about the circumstances: the photo was taken at around 8am, and as far as Mom can remeber no flash was used. There is a window approx five windows behind the photographer, and glass panelled pation doors around five metres further on from the baby.

So, any ideas?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It looks like a reflection of light which is common with those small pocket cameras where the lens is close to the sensor (as opposed to DSLR cameras and lenses). There are numerous technical articles about this on the Internet about this. I've taken pictures with a pocket Sony digital camera and had the same thing happen. In fact, this so-called orb looks practically identical to those I've had happen too.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Thanks for the swift reply. I don't think the child's mother will be unduly disappointed to be told that this photo has captured a perfectly normal event.

I will just point out the unusual size of the orb, that, and the fact it is on its own. Do digital cameras only capture dust reflections at certain angles or in specific light conditions? I say this as I took several photos in total darkness in a cave in County Cork and only captured orbs in one of them. The conditions were the same each time; dark, cold and moist.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
Do digital cameras only capture dust reflections at certain angles or in specific light conditions? I say this as I took several photos in total darkness in a cave in County Cork and only captured orbs in one of them. The conditions were the same each time; dark, cold and moist.

Flash will make dust and flying insects near the camera blowout and appear as out of focus orbs, but they won't look as large as that purple one in the above photo. Same with falling rain and snow. However, that purple one above certainly looks like it was taken with one of those compact digital cameras.

Here is one of mine that I had handy:

This orb was caused by a light overhead about 12 feet away. I retook a second shot with my hand held over the camera lens blocking the light and no more orb. Tried it again with my hand remove and the orb reappeared.

Wiki has some information of this kind of orb and ultra compact digital cameras.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Thanks so much for your posts. Your example is definitely similar, if not identical. I'll forward the info to "Mom".

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I often get orbs in my digital pics; but so far only when using flash. Mind you they do seem to appear more in some situations than others.
What I find interesting about your pic here is the purple colour. None of mine have had that colour. A friend has stated that he has seen a golden one moving in his basement with the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

There appear to be a huge amount of colours associated with orbs.

This site has an explanation as to maybe why they display different hues:

Color difference in orbs is caused by "chromatic distortion" which is a fancy way of saying that our eyes perceive different wavelengths and shapes as varying colors. If a particle happens to be of a certain makeup or shape, it will tend to absorb certain wavelengths of light and reflect others, thus giving the perception of a certain color.

ghosthuntingsecrets.com...

and a link from there gives a list that states purple demotes stored information.

www.gettysburgghosts.net...

All very interesting...

new topics

top topics

join