It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found it! I really found it! The Answer! Ill be back soon....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hmmm, this thread by SECRET007 has to be one of the most typical HOAX threads. The M.O of hoaxers is often to make some outrageous claim and then finish with the 'more later' tactic.

Attention seekers love to keep sheeple hanging on and tend to draw out the experience by posting their crap in installments. To be honest as much as I cannot tolerate these charlatans, I will say my tolerance is equally so of those who automatically believe everything they read... "Oh please, tell me more".

Humoring an attention seeker is essentially giving them exactly what they seek. Non critical thinkers can be just as much an indictment on the ATS community as the Hoaxing attention seekers themselves.

It is also true that attention seekers LOVE to be flamed. Remember, attention is attention no matter what form it comes in and I must admit that I am guilty of the odd flame because erm... I just can't help myself. I just like them to know that there are people who are wise to their antics.

The best way to deal with attention seekers is to avoid posting in their thread like the plague. As they say, "Don't Feed The Troll".

Having said all of that, here's the classic Attention seeking hoax thread I alluded to earlier in my post.

How Deep Does The Rabbit Hole Go

SECRET007 posted two threads on the same thing under different aliases but I cannot find the other one. If anybody can find it, please post.

IRM

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You mean none of those threads were real??????

Here I am , Ive been sitting on the chair for 3 years waiting on the information!!! well the posters did say i would have it "soon" !!!!!!

Seriously though, my point is....why on earth do we still reply to them, because we all do just to flame them back.

Respects

[edit on 22-1-2009 by captiva]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
no point getting worked up john titor wasnt really from the future anyways so who cares who he is. he had people going for a little bit but that is long over now due to false predictions.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Personally I don't really care about the silly threads I don't like or find believable. Let's face it, most of the threads on here are not that believable, but to some they are, and are of value just the same, even if you disagree.

I think sometimes someone is overly excited about wanting to tell something and they rush in to share, but haven't assembled all the pertinent info, like pics or vids, sources etc. Then by the time they've been attacked for not providing the proof, they probably don't want to come back after that. Then you have those who haven't told their story, and are contemplating doing so, but will be put off posting it now.

You really don't know what you may be missing.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Having said all of that, here's the classic Attention seeking hoax thread I alluded to earlier in my post.

How Deep Does The Rabbit Hole Go

SECRET007 posted two threads on the same thing under different aliases but I cannot find the other one. If anybody can find it, please post.

Yes that was hoaxy, but wasn't a bad read. Had some good useless information.

I rank "how real are et's as real as the nose on your face" or whatever it was as the most attention seeking thread. But many enjoyed that thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Actually, that thread was like one user said: "A hoax about a hoax." It was someone posting a thread for laughs and giggles... I thought the part about "WoW" was a dead giveaway.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Does this mean I cant post about my wife from the future- Marlana- a 32nd century colonist from Proxima Centari? She'd be posting, and I'd take pictures, but she's sleeping in. Had a little too much Pledian pleasure wine, and... hey... Put that brick down....
Ok- now that i got that bit of funny out of my system...

People who do stuff like that need their own "Faking it like a used car dealer" thread. Or a life. Or therapy. Or something. Makes you wonder if they arent disinfo agents to bring down the overall value of the site, and reinforce the crap that people who post to conspiracy sites are loon jobs.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The answer is 32.

The problem is that most people never figure out what question to ask!

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Some of you may remember my post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted it a while back, and have been gone since.

I'll say the truth here and now though, it was a "test post', to get your reactions.

The truth is that I made it,but the other truth is that I am indeed from the device I described.

I hope my scientific discusion on the subject proves my validity, but my time is almost up here anyway. I've done my job, and will be leaving.

Just thought to add my story to this collection of time travel posts.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I think sometimes someone is overly excited about wanting to tell something and they rush in to share, but haven't assembled all the pertinent info, like pics or vids, sources etc. Then by the time they've been attacked for not providing the proof, they probably don't want to come back after that. Then you have those who haven't told their story, and are contemplating doing so, but will be put off posting it now.

Nice point violet, this is a perfect example of my Titor thread, unlike this neo guy spelled with a 3, I have what he assumes I don't have, a great deal of evidence and facts to back up what I posted about, when I came across this evidence I was so blown away as to how easy it was to come across that I quickly posted that thread not meaning the title to be misleading, I've since found 3 main suspects for the titor-hoax, I've yet to disprove the evidence that inspired the thread but I've found much more, which is why I haven't posted it yet, the negative feedback was so immediate that I decided to throw in some false info for the fun of it, because of the lack of imagination or interest of most on these forums they can't comprehend that I made the Titor thread for Titor the hoaxer(s) himself.

I'll still post my evidence which will probably blow away any evidence you've ever read on the titor subject. I may have posted too quickly, but it won't stop me from posting my evidence, it has only made me want to research it in more depth, I'll be asking someone to post the thread if they feel it's worthy which they will after I post the bulk of my proof on a blogger type site, it's too many pages long to be in a thread, and I don't care about ATS points.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The answer is 32.

The problem is that most people never figure out what question to ask!

Think about it.

It's actually 42

think about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

Originally posted by violet

Nice point violet, this is a perfect example of my Titor thread, unlike this neo guy spelled with a 3, I have what he assumes I don't have, a great deal of evidence and facts to back up what I posted about, when I came across this evidence I was so blown away as to how easy it was to come across that I quickly posted that thread not meaning the title to be misleading, I've since found 3 main suspects for the titor-hoax, I've yet to disprove the evidence that inspired the thread but I've found much more, which is why I haven't posted it yet, the negative feedback was so immediate that I decided to throw in some false info for the fun of it, because of the lack of imagination or interest of most on these forums they can't comprehend that I made the Titor thread for Titor the hoaxer(s) himself.

I'll still post my evidence which will probably blow away any evidence you've ever read on the titor subject. I may have posted too quickly, but it won't stop me from posting my evidence, it has only made me want to research it in more depth, I'll be asking someone to post the thread if they feel it's worthy which they will after I post the bulk of my proof on a blogger type site, it's too many pages long to be in a thread, and I don't care about ATS points.

I gave you a star for being long winded.

You continue to build tension, yet no proof.

If you were not ready to post. Why post!!??

I suggest you go make up a story of evidence and post it rather than trying to focus on my avatar name.

Maybe you might stumble on the true evidence if you post lies for the fun of it like you say.

Yours Truly

Neo spelt with a 3

[edit on 26-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I agree with you. As there are comman sense guide lines most the ATS members who make a post follow.
However there are those who jump the gun. And start with a greatly written post.. Only to sum it up.. I'll be back later with the pics and details.

I feel personally.. Anytime I create a thread, or reply to a post I like to have my data in order before I even think about making a post here.

If a person is going to make a ground breaking thread.. They should well enough have their chickens in order.. Or in other words.. Have all your data, pictures, videos created and done before you post!

Such as with anything to do with anything.. This is the guideline most of us here on ATS follow.. Out of common courtesy, comman sense and not making it into a point fishing contest.

I thank you for making this thread.. You beat me too it.. hehe I was working on a post that was directly related to this very issue!
S&F from me good sir! Keep up the good eye.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I dont know if this thread is still being watched but ill post this anyways, I found it funny.

Bon Jovi, Antichrist
About a high pitched frequency in his music lol
The Thread author convieniently had to go as he heard agents at the door BWUAHAHAH turned out to be a pizza boy.

Gotta love it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just had to bring this one back up into the limelight with the likes of things like this going on.

Annoying to say the least... shouldn't be allowed in my opinion...

Maybe I should start a thread that reads

"I have evidence of what is going to happen during Obama's presidency"

And then I'll insert media by-lines and articles to show what is happening... a running evidence meter if you will... overall it should provide my intention if your willing to wait....

Should be OK to do given the state of other threads that provide nothing after stating something.

S&F for Visibility

[edit on 5-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This was so entertaining and the link was indeed prime example.

In addition, I'd like add my annoyance with Q & A threads - "I have top secrect/ divine information I would like to share with all of you for a limited time." As the SuperMod pointed out, I think the best thing we can do is just ignore these. The latest example of this was 'Ask ET Anything' - I had a feeling I had seen the poster under another name so I was baiting them a bit but, agreed - we should just ignore these. You with more time then I on ATS already know this

LOTR quote with bad Irish accent on my part: "Don't encourgae 'em Merry"

Another pet peeve - inflamatory posts that tend to attract a lot of traffic by making a very controversial topic ::shrug:: I dunno like something about child rearing or race relations. They'll post a blinking neon sign on the thread title do draw attention, you open the thread and the OP makes one tiny little comment with no source back up or any other serious research attempts. It's one tiny paragraph and then they let the opposing sides beat each other up and never make another contribution. ::grumble::

After you're own the boards abit, it becomes obvious and now I check the orginal posters ATS name before I waste precious clicking time. We all have our individual interest so I understand some might find these two examples - Q & A and inflamatory thread titles of interest but this ATSer is annoyed. A Noid.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

You know the worse part of making this thread is that I picked a thread created by the one member that would actually follow through in the end.

Razimus.

He created a few more threads, one of which is here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still disagree with build up posts but kudos to him for being a man of his word unlike many others.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join