It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found it! I really found it! The Answer! Ill be back soon....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I wanted to create this thread as a sort of list for future time wasters who post things along the lines of,

www.abovetopsecret.com... (I've uncovered the identity of JOHN TITOR!)

Members such as this seem to post something of interest to others then fail to provide anything of worth except I will be back "Soooon". Alternatively you do get answers occasionally which fall very short in explanation.

I am noticing this pattern more and more on ATS from both new and older members,

I am interested to get a collection of threads such as this. I think it can get at least a few belly laughs or maybe we might spot some serial time wasters and attention seeking members.

Maybe this could become a collection of wastebin timewasting threads for ATS who knows?

Please feel free to post some more or vent some anger at wasting those 5 precious minutes of your life.

This thread title is delibarately deceptive to highlight the point I am making.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
People like that will no doubt get the severe beating they deserve at some point in their lives. You can't duck Kharma forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Awesome Topic and Awesome Honey-pot Trap. Stung me like an inquisitive bee!
Starred and Flagged.

Personal Disclosure: Starred the OP (of this thread) in that completely bunk thread that was linked. OMG!
some people are desperate for attention. What ever happened to those free dating sites I wonder. Its the lack of those sites that have led to desperate loner wannabes
'ing ATS/BTS for attention. Maybe its a conspiracy to dumb down the ATS/BTS population by increasing its
and
demographic. Its turning into a I tell ya!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
People like that will no doubt get the severe beating they deserve at some point in their lives. You can't duck Kharma forever.

Your saying what the majority of us are thinking

I bagsy the first punch...

But seriously, the mods should just pull threads that promise stuff like this. Its a big waste of bandwith and the poster is usually just looking for points....point trolls

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Star+Flag for the OP.

I was expecting 42.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

It's very true... sad but true.
So many... I'll be back with pics of my time machine and I'll meet you or I'll scan in the documents I've collected from the year 3242...arrrgghhh...

So annoying...

I just searched and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your views) many have been deleted as they are clearly hoaxing...

[edit on 21/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by XXXN3O

It's very true... sad but true.
So many... I'll be back with pics or my time machine and I'll meet you or I'll scan in the documents I've collected from the year 3242...arrrgghhh...

So annoying...

I think the funniest one I saw, was on a thread not long ago, which I think has been removed and the user banned...

But he wouldnt show any proof unless you were a member that believed him, rofl

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of posting doesnt it

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I agree with you NEO.
I think they do it to get attention.
Then they sit there in lurk mode and watch the responses and laugh.
Such a waste of time really.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I think the funniest one I saw, was on a thread not long ago, which I think has been removed and the user banned...

But he wouldnt show any proof unless you were a member that believed him, rofl

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of posting doesnt it

was that it?

"i am elliot from 1890, a time traveler if you will, page 1"

It's been deleted but still appears in search..... too funny

Why do they think it's a good idea?

I really don't get it.... but you always get some who believe....

[edit on 21/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

"i am elliot from 1890, a time traveler if you will, page 1"

Yes!!!

Thats the one, cant seem to find the thread though

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

hey... i thought so

Here is the thread addy

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread426186/pg1

Problem is, as i said, It's been deleted i think... perhaps go to his profile and read it via his posts?

Dunno?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, Monkeys will fly out of my butt tomorrow. If so, I'll start a thread about it. Stay tuned.

Yeah, we should start a "Lost" bin for these types of threads.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Heres another one here www.abovetopsecret.com... (Its Amazing) Posted today as well. Op goes on about how this site is FREE....

Now this is not exactly the same as offering a big answer but its blatant advertising on this site without permission.

This place is getting flooded with ringworms lately.

(Now removed thank god or mod lol)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ive been thinking it might be interesting to create a section for outlandish claims that go beyond the realm of thought.

Could call it,

The suspending rational thought for a moment board?

Instead of deleting the threads they could end up this section?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

... & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.

LOLOLOL!!! I love your post, you hit that nail on the head. The part I quoted was best for me though!

There is so much abuse of "Occam's razor." I get the impression that most people who inapropriately use this term think they are a genius for using it.

OP I'm really glad you made this thread.
Prep posts are the worst!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thing is, we gotta be quick cos they get pulled easily and quickly.
It's a great idea and could serve as a warning to other potential hoaxers...

"Don't say this"... already been done, "Don't try this hoax"... seen it a hundred times and so on.

I wonder if perhaps there is a way we could get a mod to help...by compiling some of the titles of deleted threads??
It's an idea.....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Happy Anniversary of ATS --- noticed 1-21-08 ----

O.K. I admit............ I am not Titor

Thanks for the post S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey! I was on the JT Disclosed for sure , no joke this is it, thread, NEO! Youre JT!!! You are trying to keep that OP from disclosing 'your' name !!!
S@F you tricky TT.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Happy Anniversary of ATS --- noticed 1-21-08 ----

O.K. I admit............ I am not Titor

Thanks for the post S&F

Thanks.

I hadnt noticed until I received a U2U earlier.

Im still enjoying ATS as much as ever.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Hey! I was on the JT Disclosed for sure , no joke this is it, thread, NEO! Youre JT!!! You are trying to keep that OP from disclosing 'your' name !!!
S@F you tricky TT.

I have to comment on this one.

"No Comment"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join