It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could psychic people,just be creating their own reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I just had a brain fart whilst I was in the shower. (best place to have 'em I say) Basicly,the title says it all, could psychic people,be people who are good at creating their reality? Maybe it's because they believe what they think is true so much, it then happens. Maybe that's why more people aren't "psychic" because they don't believe what they say is 100% definatly, without a doubt true. So it doesn't happen.

anyone going along with that? Like I say,it was just a brain fart,and all the thinking I've done on it,is in that post. (ie-not alot)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i would say sort of, the power of self-fulfilling fantasy is vast, get up in the morning and say MEH WORST DAY EVER and odds are your day will suck, say i think i'm going to have an accident and you'll probably spend the entire day looking for deadly traps that you'll trip over something.

The old quarter of being a psychic is the metal agility to convince yourself that what you said really happened - i.e. the rine and the histler will rise up and cover europe = The germanic empire of Hitler will rise up -it's easy to fit te prediction to the facts after the event, that you meant originally two rivers would flood is neither hear no their.

thirdly cold reading 'you'll meet a tall dark stranger' or 'you're having problems with love', etc saying things which have a high likely hood of being true for everyone at some point.

the last bit of power comes from pure luck, if i say that the dice will land on a 6 there is a one in six chance i'll be right, if i let the times i'm wrong slip from my memory and only tell stories about the times i was right then i'm soon going seem like i'm guessing above chance odds.

those 4 things all working together make the illusion of psychic power very vivid and seemingly very real.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Real psychics tap into their higher self for answers.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
could psychic people,be people who are good at creating their reality?

Hey Acidtastic you must be psychic!!! I was only thinking this very thing myself yesterday..wow. I think the answer is probably yes, some of them do. Obviously some see and feel very real things, I totally believe in other dimensions physical and spiritual but yes I do think some of these realities can be created in our own minds.

If we believe in something SO much , in some thing that is not actually there then I believe we can "create" it in our reality.

Good thread thanks. S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ok, first of hats off to Acidtastic 4 asking my favorite sort of question, the take nothing for granted kind. Now on to what i think this thread needs. Fellow intellectuals if what you say here were true that would mean history and the present are full of very successful psychics all the best finical barons so sure thay are right about the market thay make it true. Indeed if this way of looking at psychics was correct some of the best psychics ever would be people like sir isaac newton he would produce a balanced image of the cosmos in his mind, and such a cosmos would snap into existence out of quantum statistical variability. We would live in this reality where the first most important place a plan has to work is in your mind.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the op thought goes along with a million threads posted here on this website, and a way of thinking that is documented as far back as we have documents of it. the law of attraction thread works with this same type of magic.

yes, we all essentially are creating our reality every instant. there appears to be an underlying program always running, that keeps us within the reality of the general global consensus on how things work, but is not the way it has to be, and that veil is usually only broke through hard ritualistic "magic" work, drugs, or some random incident.

quantum physics, spiritual teachers, psychics, etc... all discusses the issue with the observer.

cool thought you had, but its far from a new idea, or even semi new. crack open your average new age book, and it will discuss similar thoughts like your original question, plus some added dogma.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200

yes, we all essentially are creating our reality every instant. there appears to be an underlying program always running,

Oh yes I agree we dont need to be psychics to create our own reality. How do we know if any thing of what we create is real. That said its all perfectly fine your reality is your own personal reality, the problem is when said psychics drag others into their so called reality. I read yesterday on a thread that Blossom Goodchild could have been listening to her own inner voice ALL along and didnt keep it in check. (for those that dont know, this is a woman who spoke to the Galactic Federation of Light..Aliens who are light beings) and they told her they were coming in a Mothership to save the World late last year.

Now what if this woman WAS listening to her own inner voice, maybe it was infact her spirit guides/higher self at the start telling her about the need to spread love around the world, but she let her higher guides voices become her own, she didnt check it was really them and so created a whole new reality for herself. I have no problem with this at all, its her reality...but why take thousands of others into her personal reality!!

Psychics keep your own realities to yourself!!! Unless you have proof beyond doubt Id rather you didnt bother me with them, they take me off my true path and are not only time wasting they can be dangerous too.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We all create our own reality and we are all psychic whatever that word means as its all a natural ability that every single person has, the more we are aware the more we see............................

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by serin sister
We all create our own reality and we are all psychic whatever that word means as its all a natural ability that every single person has, the more we are aware the more we see............................

Yes we are all psychic, the problems starts when some claim to be more psychic than others, and then they try to lead,I agree lets ALL reject these "psychics" and turn to our natural abilities...who better to trust than ourselves?

Down with so called "psychics"

Ive made you my friend by the way. Strong words indeed towards so called psychics...and I agree with you. Natural psychics have a responsability to all, a responsability they should honour.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I disagree here. So called psychics are merely tuned into their own vibrational frequency, umm, a little more so than usual, to put it one way. Here's where the key difference is made: whether you are manipulative or giving with your unique sensitivity. Everyone can develop these talents though.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
reply to post by Mr Green

I disagree here. So called psychics are merely tuned into their own vibrational frequency, umm, a little more so than usual, to put it one way. Here's where the key difference is made: whether you are manipulative or giving with your unique sensitivity. Everyone can develop these talents though.

Yes Im sure you are right. Ignore me its just Ive had bad experiences with said manipulative psychics and I really should try to forget this and trust the good ones who are giving.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

thats what i mean "everyone can develop their own talents" then there would be no need to go to dodgy egotistic, psychics

[edit on 31-1-2009 by serin sister]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I disagree here. So called psychics are merely tuned into their own vibrational frequency, umm, a little more so than usual, to put it one way.

random though, and for the sake of not speaking in absolutes, in theory, your own vibrational frequency is everyones vibrational frequency on a deeper level. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

new topics

top topics

join