It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sirius star sending us Morse Code?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

MORSE CODE, SIRIUS-LY! "Something amazing happened last night," reports astronomy professor Jimmy Westlake of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. "As I was shooting a star trail picture of the sky's brightest star, Sirius, it flashed out a message on the film! How's your International Morse code?" (

I did search the forums for articles on this subject and found none, so I try to post this new thread.
I do not believe every thing I see and read and hear, but this one is abit -
funny actualy, I hope you find it amusing and maby post your ideas on this phenomena. Thank you and have a nice day.
Check out the link, and scroll down abit for the article in mind.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
oh wow thats a really nice find

thats just wow

thanks

sty

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The "morse code" was artifficialy created by increasing/decreasing the exposure time of the camera. Actually the Space Weather explains it . If you look at the picture, ALL the stars in the picture also shine with the same "morse" pattern. It is just the exposure time.
so sorry no alliens yet..

sty

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
the message is "I Y A 2 0 0 9" simply short of "International Year of Astronomy 2009" . Possible we will have some discounted home-telescopes this year

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If there were inhabitants of the star Sirius sending out Morse Code messages, I would ask the question, where did they learn Morse Code, which is Planet Earth thingy?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I guess it would depends on there ability, to receive(messages faster than the speed of light) and to interpret(to learn the intention of the messge) then respond (somehow change incoming light temporally)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It could make sense, if you take the time the signal to get there, and then to be sent back, if its maybe within the past 120 years, then it is possible, they would have heard Morse code if they received it in the early 20th Century.

I'm not saying I believe it for a second, but that would explain the why and how, they would have heard nothing, then all of a sudden, Morse code 24 hours a day within a year or two of it's introduction, if we received a signal like that, we would respond the same way if we knew how too.

This could be easily backed up by a radio telescope, if the star is flashing, then it will give off radio bursts to match surely?

That would be 100% proof IMO.

join