It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama requests suspension of guantanamo trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
obama requests suspension of guantanamo trials . im still awake here in uk because for the first time in my life i actually have some real hope that just perhaps this man really means what he says & low & behold on bbc tv he has already begun to try to build some bridges.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Some prisoners there are terrorists, and will their trial be suspended too? Bad decision.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

i am totally aware that some are, but unlike bush it does seem that Obama wants to take a truthful look at the real evidence instead of just locking loads of innocents up as well just because they may have a different faith to his & i for one welcome his attitude of not just accepting the lies of the last administration, who knows it may really all come out soon?!!! he does appear to stand for equality & justice.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm elated that Obama is already getting to work. In his first few hours he's already sent a message to the rest of the world that the US is not the US under Bush/Chaney. You know recklessly torturing people, Reckless imprisonment of many innocent people. He's sent a message that the US is back, and is once again a model for the morality of the rest of the world. remember that time when the US actually had some moral leverage in the world, and then we broke the worlds heart and turned into some monster. well he's sending a message back that the US is back to trying to lead the world moraly, intellectually, and hopefully soon in technology. but man oh man did bush screw the US over so that his buddies could make more money on your sweat and blood.

Good for Obama. He's sticking to his word.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Good for Obama. He's sticking to his word.

So far...so good...so what!!

There is tomorrow, the next day, next week, next month and next year to go. A long way to the top for rock n roll.

But yes..at least its a start in the right direction...to start.

Lets see if this maintains its momentum and not run out of steam before hitting the 1/4 mile mark.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
exactly & i also hope & think that just maybe Obama has actually duped the old watch by being such a good diplomat & calm character, after all the small amount of research Ive done on him seems to show him as a middle man between different factions in his early years, he has been to the wrong side of the tracks & so has compassion & understanding for the down trodden, but i think actually he may well be far more intelligent than people even realise yet, & yes maybe he was just playing along with some of the old lot in order to make the changes he really visualizes.
i for 1 do think he is what he says,his ideals seem to be very solid & obvious out in the open> lets hope he brings all the lies up to the surface for all to see finally,he does seem to be aware of the people not the elite. we wait & see what he does but i for 1 do have real hope for once,i have never before believed or had any hope in any world leader at all. i hope people give him the chance he should be due.

top topics

join