It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Obama have too much charisma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Okay, this is not a political baiting thread, but I support Obama and all but when I watched the inauguration and I saw how much the crowd there loved him. I'm starting to question whether this is a good thing or if this is a bad thing. Now, keep in mind, that I just recently read the book Animal Farm and it woke me up (again) to various political realities that I forgot about during the election season-- so when I watched the inauguration campaign I was kind of questioning whether Obama was really legit-- he seems sincere-- but at least that's the way it is for now-- but what's to say that he won't turn on us and he won't turn against our interests as a nation and give into the money grabbing elite at the top above him?

These people in the inauguration who were there at the rally-- perfectly rational people-- seemed to be behaving in the same exact way that the sheep did in the book by George Orwell... they repeated statements made by the leader... and they cheered at what the leader says and I won't be surprised if those people forget why they voted for him later on after a while. Obama could probably just lie to their faces and they wouldn't notice it. I don't want to dismiss Obama as being more of the same just yet-- I'll wait to judge him as to whether he'll make a difference and make a reasonable change or not before I dismiss him as any other politician and whether he will really change politics-- but it makes you wonder-- if Obama has too much charisma. I just think it's bad for any one politician to have too much power. I think people want something to believe in but I'm just asking what if he betrays the Democratic movement? What will those people do if Obama ends up doing a terrible job and serving for foreign interests and many special interest groups which he ran against during his campaign? What if he chooses NOT to serve the Democratic party and scrap the Democratic domestic policy agenda? What will those die-hard Obama supporters do? I like him, and I am a supporter of him, I just wonder what these people think he'll do sometimes. I worry that he has too much charisma.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
He either has too much charisma or we don't have enough brains, one of the two I would say. I do think its a bit disgusting the way people act towards him, they seem a bit blinded. It's a lot easier for things to be accepted by society when you have a charismatic leader and that is definitely not what we need. We need critical thinkers that can see past the outside and look at the content. A lot of these people have no reason to like him as a politician. They have trust and faith in him when he hasn't even performed. Generally you earn trust through work..

new topics

join