It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Literally Skips Off The Sun

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by RFBurnsIts some of the flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic field up, around and back down again, which looks like something bouncing off the Sun.

So your saying a news camera on Earth can capture a SOHO class image of a flare?

Really?

Can you post one of those SOHO ones that looks like this? I can't seem to find one that starts so far away from the 'surface' of the sun

Bird? Sure why not... just like all UFO's

[edit on 21-1-2009 by zorgon]

Does that quote, or any of my replies in this thread say that I said a news camera can capture images and video as SOHO?

No..YOU are implying that I said that...basically attempting to twist what I actually stated.

Its all right there in that quote, and on pages 1 and 2 of this thread.

Try again.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Why do you think people defer to RFBurns when a subject such as this comes up?
Could it be that he has some professional expertise relevant to the discussion?
Naw....

Well considering his 'expert' opinion was to direct us to SOHO when the camera was on Earth would be strong indication that he was incorrect... 'expert' or not

Again, read what I typed. I said the videos and images from SOHO show examples of flares following magnetic fluxes. I used SOHO for that example only. No where did I ever say that SOHO videos show objects bouncing off the Sun.

So if you read my post right, and stop filling in between the lines with twisted ridicule to try to earn brownie points, you and others here might actually get what I was communicating to the other member.

Deny the ignorance....your own.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I skimmed a few pages and had to come back cause something has not
been noted and I think this needs to be said.

RFBurns pointed this out:

Actually that isnt some object bouncing off the Sun. Its some of the
flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic
field up, around and back down again, which looks like something
bouncing off the Sun.

What bothers me is not what RFBurns says (I take his word that
this is what it is, clearly he has knowledge of this), but how the
reporters act like they know what they are talking about. Their
play by play shows that they have no credibility to report any
phenomenons that take place in our skies.

"Then Bamm, you see it skip off the sun"

They have no expertise to even comment on this.

The media sucks.
So a guy on the internet (on a nutty conspiracy site no less) offers explanation and you have no problem taking him at his word but you make fun of the reporters. Wow!

PS: What makes it even better is the fact that RFBurns is completely wrong, I have NO clue what it is but RF just threw out a guess as fact and if you research his guess it is apparent that it is wrong.

I am incorrect as far as this being a sun flare, but I certianly am not incorrect in the reference to SOHO that clearly shows Sun flares following the magnetic fluxes and can have the same effect as we see on that video on page 1.

Interesting that you point out "some guy on the internet throws out a guess on a nutty site no less".

I am sure your directing that to everyone present as well...including yourself? So we are all just a bunch of nutty nuts hanging out at a nutty site.

Got anything else besides dry jokes and bird is the word?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by shug7272

Why do you think people defer to RFBurns when a subject such as this comes up?

Could it be that he has some professional expertise relevant to the discussion?

Naw....
I have experience in the medical field but guess what, Im wrong sometimes! Lets get real, this is the Internet, EVERYONE is an expert.
I would like to see RF back up his claim with another video that is similar showing the same thing. As people have pointed out, if it is something moving near the sun it is moving faster than the speed of light. RF is wrong. Tuff titty said the kitty.

Well looks like I have to correct you as well. What I said from page 1 of this lovely thread, is that videos on SOHO show examples of Sun flares following the magnetic fluxes that display similar effects. Now what in that do you not understand? Is that so complex that you dont know what it means? It simply means that Sun flares can and do follow the magnetic fluxes produced by the Sun.

And if you and the other so called experts here would study the Sun for awhile, you would come to understand that the Sun does not have uniform magnetic fluxes. These solar flares go all over the place, some even swing back around from being ejected from the surface and right back into the surface.

But the best, and I mean BEST part is the person I was responding too said he was sure RF was right and made fun of the reporters for not knowing what they were talking about when apparently... RF didnt either. You cant convince me he is an expert when he is telling us that burning gas is flying around the sun faster than the speed of light.

Obviously you have not viewed too many SOHO videos of these flares being flung out from the Sun and some comming back along those magnetic flux lines.

Refer to the many archived SOHO videos and images of this fact.

I dont need to provide anything either. Its all at the SOHO website. You and anyone else can find plenty of proof that what I said, and what I referenced to in what I replied with to the OP is in fact correct and provable, that the flares from the Sun do in fact follow the magnetic fluxes and can produce effects like that shown in the OP's video of something moving up, away from the Sun, and back around again along the magnetic flux lines.

Next.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
For your learning enjoyment. The following is examples of flares following the magnetic fluxes produced by the Sun.

First examples, images of solar flare (plasma) following a magnetic flux line that dwarf's the size of our planet, also known as Coronal Loops.

Article

Another.

Sun 101 video.

Solar Blast video

Conclusion:

Strong magnetic fields distorted by the rotation of the Sun cause these sporatic "loops" of magnetic fluxes that some, not all, of the ejected hot gasses known as plasmas, follow along these magnetic flux lines.

Class dismissed.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

and bird is the word?

hey i said that

i understand what you are saying about the magnetic fluxes but...

something flew past the camera at close range and because of the position of the Sun in the shot relative to the object.... it caused a camera anomaly.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I really hated this thread.

I got no satisfaction from it, except for when I got attacked - but even then, satisfaction was minimal. Oh well.

Stupid sensationalists News Phonies....

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I got no satisfaction from it, except for when I got attacked

are you trying to tell us you want to be attacked again ?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

camera anomaly created from an object traveling across the view.

some field flux might have played a part in helping to create the anomaly because the cameras flux capacitor has been overloaded with 1.1 jigga watts of light spectrum.

kidding

this from the Anonymous poster on page four could also be correct

Looks like a vertical refresh video artifact to me. The speed is constant and connected to the framerate.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Actually that isnt some object bouncing off the Sun. Its some of the flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic field up, around and back down again, which looks like something bouncing off the Sun.

There are tons of examples of that over at the SOHO site.

Cheers!!!!

Whatever is was it is at least the size of the earth. If it was Solar Fare material in the magnetic field being sucked back, how come it grazed the North pole of the Sun and went back into outer space nearly as fast as it came in?
It would have to have considerable mass and speed to do this(force = mass X acceleration).
It could have the same electrical charge as the sun's north pole, which would cause it to be repelled and continue on into space.

Do solar flares have enough mass, density and magnetic charge to do this?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hey guys im new to ATS so bare with me

I watched the video and it does seem interesting but im wondering.. because the sun is so huge and has a great gravitational field, wouldnt it be possible that this could be some kind of optical illusion because of the fact gravity can bend light if great enough? Basically this means we can see what is going on behind an object because of the light that is bent if the gravitational field is strong enough. The change in the trajectory could also be an optical illusion or actually is affecting its path , in both cases this is down to the gravitational pull.

Imagine how big that object would have to be and how fast it would need to be traveling to skip over such a large distance is a split second.. I may be wrong - just my opinion .. let me know what you guys think

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Bunion]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Ummmm errrr those do NOT look ANYTHING like the video clip

Now before you get your shorts in a knot...

YOU SAID..

Actually that isn't some object bouncing off the Sun. Its some of the flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic field up, around and back down again, which looks like something bouncing off the Sun.

You clearly stated that this video showed a flare that SOHO has other examples of... and many took your 'expertise' as fact

this is what it is, clearly he has knowledge of this),

THIS is what I 'attacked' you on... I am fully aware of SOHO Solar flares
but this ain't one

Edit to add...

I am incorrect as far as this being a sun flare,

Almost missed that...
Thanks for the clarification

[edit on 23-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns So we are all just a bunch of nutty nuts hanging out at a nutty site.

Well DUH!!! You just figured that out now?

But hey... we are the BEST nuts... so take a little pride

Besides I'd rather hang out with the nuts here than the Fox News teams

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunion wouldnt it be possible that this could be some kind of optical illusion because of the fact gravity can bend light if great enough?

Way Kewl

Didn't have this one yet...

Oh yeah, forgot.. "be nice your new"
Welcome to the nuthouse

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Class dismissed.

Solar Flares 102... Class in session

So much better in live action

Asteroids Slam into the Sun

Ever Seen a Tsunami on the Sun? Or active sunspot?

Okay Class....

LUNCH BREAK

Oh BTW these have noting to do with the Fox News Video... but are a lot cooler.... errr hotter... errr you get the idea

.B.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Asteroids Slam into the Sun

Hey, Zorgon, this one is disinformation. Don't like it. You shouldn't put it here.

Latter edit: Cannot let energetic particles of radiation which hit the senzor of the SOHO instrument to twist our minds .

[edit on 24/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Now, regarding the OP... i and others said is some kind of atmospheric mirage. Others said is near the sun, not in our atmosphere. Let's narrow the posibilities and be realistic:

The movie is shot by an ordinary camera of one TV crew, flying with a helicopter (so it moves). This cameras ussualy film at maybe 30 frames / second (or variations depending on TV standard). What we have here? a couple of seconds of apparently weird effect.

A) Somebody said there can be plasma flares following the magnetic fields. It may be at first glance (pareidolia in action). But:

1) Can usuall camera see solar flames in normal conditions? NO NO NO.
2) If solar flares twisted in sun's magnetic field, at this magnitude and sizes involved (the real size of the sun and alleged flare), like we see on the OP , then this should happened in hours of time, not 2 seconds. So it MUST be a time lapse movie in this case. Anybody think that a helicoper TV crew just filmed the sun a couple of hours?? NO

B) UFO or asteroids or whatever moving much more than the speed of light and touching the sun... now this is really imagination leaved wild free. Too wild. This are indeed EXTRAORDINARY CLAIMS. But any hind of a proof regarding this? Or just pareidolia effects? Not to mention EXTRAORDINARY proofs needed in this scenario. Hey, but is cool, no? Can we get stars and flags because it is a cool video? we want cool things! Feed the crowd with cool things! To be clear: this is not criticism to the posters who put here this kind of videos and ask. I assume they want to know. This is a discussion forum. But it was a criticism to the guys on TV shows, or the posters, or Disclose TV (truth revealed) or whatever who take this kind of movies and PROMOTE THEM AS UFO proofs. They just speculate the need of cool mind-shaking ideas of the crowds, and feed them with all the legacy effects but misleading the crowds. Is a hard and ugly way of getting some kind of knowledge to the people, in the rush for audience.

================

Now, my explanation, which is NOT an extraordinary one. It takes care of what we have here, and not forces anything. it works in the plausible region.

I downloaded the movie OP, and look of some properties.
It is at 10 frames / second .
This is a short sequence of the phenomenon, at it's 10 fps:

The same sequence, but zoomed at 2x to see better (i have to crop, because limited file size):

Now, the movie here is at 10 fps. Knowing it can be an ordinary TV camera, it may in reality film at 30 fps. So, what we see here, is 3 times slowed down, maybe because the entertainer to let us better view.

Now, i speeded up the sequence, tryind to match the real speed.

Here is the 30 fps version, in SWF format (i can't put animated GIF playing at 30 fps in internet explorer browser, i don't know which is the limitation), so open the link separately:

img144.imageshack.us...

No, we see about the real speed of the phenomenon.
The phenomenon moves from right to left. The clouds moves similar from right to left. In one second or so.
In fact, the camera with the helicopter moves from LEFT to RIGHT, that's why clouds or phenomenon appear to move from right to left. The speed of cloud differ from the speed of phenomenon, maybe because the distance from the helicopter to the cloud or phenomenon is different . It seems the phenomenon is closer than the clouds.

In my opinion, the phenomenon is pretty static and localised. It only appear to moves just because the helicopter moves.

It is atmospheric mirage. Some kind of atmospheric layer, not too spread, with different characteristics unlike surrounding air, exactly the cause for mirages.

You can see plenty of examples much more striking here:

www.atoptics.co.uk...
mintaka.sdsu.edu...

or google images search here:

images.google.com...

My 2 cents (and 2 hours of pc activity)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

What you wrote made me think of something that I had forgotten, although we do not see them, the clouds are in front of the Sun, so they can be also helping to create this effect.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ummmm errrr those do NOT look ANYTHING like the video clip

No s... sherlock. If you read the post, it talks about CME and the Sun's magnetic fluxes and how those hot gasses follow those fluxes.

Now before you get your shorts in a knot...

It seems obvious who's getting their shorts in a knotted wad. You obviously have some agenda here to be focusing on just one member out of several whom all made an inccorect analysis.

YOU SAID..

Actually that isn't some object bouncing off the Sun. Its some of the flare that gets caught by the magnetic field and follows the magnetic field up, around and back down again, which looks like something bouncing off the Sun.

You clearly stated that this video showed a flare that SOHO has other examples of... and many took your 'expertise' as fact

Thats right, I said that. And that was said before I, or anyone else figured out what it might have been.

Many members here took my statement and expertise as fact about the flares following the magnetic fluxes and the SOHO examples of those effects. It seems those members knew exactly what I was talking about. But you, want to focus on the error. Why does this bother you so much to have to focus on me specifically, when others made errors too? I dont see you graciously taking time out to quote in size their errors.

Im sorry that for some of you here that honest mistakes are so voodoo to you. If by all means this is to imply that no one but you few can make mistakes, well perhaps your all living on the wrong planet because no one is perfect.

this is what it is, clearly he has knowledge of this),

THIS is what I 'attacked' you on... I am fully aware of SOHO Solar flares
but this ain't one

Obviously the OP video isnt a flare, nor a meteor moving at light speed, or a mothership playing touch and go with the Sun at light speed. DUH!

"Attacked you on"....attacked...hmm...not "point out" or "correct"...but attacked.

Ok..seems the intent is quite obvious with your choice of word.

Are you trying to accomplish something here that is obviously some sort of vendetta to make someone look bad? I would think so with that statement of "THIS is what I 'attacked' you on".

Where were you when we were trying to figure this out? Perhaps you could have saved us all alot of trouble, including yourself for taking so much of your valuable time to focus on just me when many others in here have made an incorrect analysis of it.

Edit to add...

I am incorrect as far as this being a sun flare,

Almost missed that...
Thanks for the clarification

You left out the other important parts of that quote where I corrected myself AND explained it to you and everone else exactly what I refered to, the flares and fluxes and videos on SOHO.

Again, focusing on trying to purposely put me down or something? Make yourself look more credible? Be wise for the act is clearly defining your intent..and it isnt to be more credible especially when using the word 'attacked'.

Go attack something else...perhaps your intentions could use a little attention.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Solar Flares 102... Class in session

So much better in live action

A correction...not an attack, just in case you need clarification on this quoted reply.

Live? How about "recorded" action.

Now your begining to see or pick up on what I was refering to!

My my perhaps there is hope afterall.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join