It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Literally Skips Off The Sun

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Why do you think people defer to RFBurns when a subject such as this comes up?
Could it be that he has some professional expertise relevant to the discussion?
Naw....

Well considering his 'expert' opinion was to direct us to SOHO when the camera was on Earth would be strong indication that he was incorrect... 'expert' or not

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I recognized the voices and the name from the Sky Fox video if this helps, its from Boston's Fox Channel Fox 25. www.myfoxboston.com.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I would also very much like to see SOHO images corresponding to the time of this incident.

Really?
Well then why not just GO TO SOHO AND LOOK

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Silly Lemmings

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
you'd think that simply flying into it and scooping up as much star stuff as they can

That 'star stuff' would be hydrogen being fused into helium... Both of these materials would be a lot easier to get without 'scooping it from the sun at 4 times the speed of light

Now if such a huge object is moving 4 time faster than light would we see it at all? Because its moving faster than the light we are viewing it by...

This camera is on Earth filming a setting sun with clouds... This camera would NOT observe a solar flare unless it was REALLY huge... If there was a solar flare that big that a Fox News camera could see it... all communication on Earth would be wiped out

Silly Lemmings

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well dang it ArMaP I think you have that American sense of humor down pat

congratulations

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That is a bizarre vid. If its a craft of some sort, its HUGE and moves REALLY fast. But it's hard to tell what it is exactly. Nice find. kudos to the OP!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RustykShade

I don't want to be rude to you, I really don't, but sometimes it's a good idea to read through a thread before posting in it.

You will see what I mean if you do that. Read through the whole thread, I mean. You might get at better understanding of things.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/headline_universe/soho_comet_anim_large.html&edu=high

Movie of comet Kudo-Fujikawa as it passes the Sun on January 29, 2003, as seen from the SOHO spacecraft.

Probably not relevant, but cool nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/headline_universe/soho_comet_anim_large.html&edu=high

Movie of comet Kudo-Fujikawa as it passes the Sun on January 29, 2003, as seen from the SOHO spacecraft.

Probably not relevant, but cool nonetheless.

(I can't edit)
If the link doesn't work, just google the phrase.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
if the video is in real time,then the object(or particles manipulated by gravity or magnetic fields)was traveling much faster than the speed of light,now we have a problem,or do we acknowledge the faulty physics that have been rammed into our brains for the last 100 years?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
[i should have been a little more clear,meaning that the problem being the object or light appears to be traveling much faster than the speed of light,and remember,we were told that was not possible.the universal speed limit.sadly a limitation of our primitive minds

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyzyyz123 the problem being the object or light appears to be traveling much faster than the speed of light,

That only holds true if you ASSUME the "object or light" is actually at the same distance as the sun

If its closer, like in the atmosphere of Earth where this camera is... the 'faster than light' becomes moot

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Gadmanit Zorgon!!!

What is it!?

Is is an optical illusion or is it the other?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

Very kewl vid. I saw something like this not too long ago, haven't read back so it has probably already been mentioned, but did you note that the people commenting on the vid state this is not the same thing as what we saw happen before.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm going with optical illusion... I don't think it's a bird because the streak is to long... possibly some optical effect of the lens or helicopter window...

But it was nothing near the sun

Tried to find some others... like this one...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Considering the size of the sun the speed and size of this object would be to great to even imagine.

Consider the distance the object travels the Sun's diameter is 864,938 miles. This footage has to sped up greatly to reveal the effect.

If this is the actual speed of the object then our early warning system is really useless. this thing could cross the solar system in a few days.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
the Sun is 93 million miles away from Earth

did i say 93 million miles ?

NO Camera on Earth could see something Hit the Sun !

this thread is a cesspool of ignorance

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

"this thread is a cesspool of ignorance"

A cesspool?

...I'm sorry we ruined your cesspool with our ignorance ;-)

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Very imaginative speculations, but only a few ideas here are even possible.

It is likely only an aircraft (airplane, jet, UFO or bird) several miles from the camera with rim lighting from the back-lit sunset. As the aircraft occults the disc of the setting sun through a 1000 miles of humid atmosphere refracting as it does the sun, "squashing" it optically like the "Chinese Lantern Effect". (Google that, with "Sun"). Some good photo examples posted here.

As the object seems to get to the disc the underside of the aircraft gets brighter. Then the optical and video contrast-loss join with atmospheric refractive density to make it look like it dips toward the disc edge, and, in opposite sequence, bounce off.

Also, anything moving that fast would have had a shock wave and massive explosive impact with the photosphere, corona and magnetic field. Not to mention the disintegration of what ever "it" is when it hits the plasma fields at 5,000 Mps. Current actual fastest reference to a moving body is a comet at 600km sec or 400MPS or 1440000MPH. A Sun-Grazing comet would take several hours to transit the disc like this object.

:/

There are most assuredly some very strange and unbelievable things in the universe. This unfortunately was most likely not one of them.

Don't stop looking and learning though. Now you know one way your eyes can be fooled, you will be that much wiser when the next possible anomaly pops up.

ZG

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well when the cat's away the rats come out to play eh?

Ok perhaps I should say again what I said before..that so many "experts" seem to simply overlook, or do not get.

I said "SOHO has examples of this". Now what was I refering to?

Something skipping off the Sun?

NO!!

I was refering to flares and the way they follow the magnetic fluxes.

Simply READ the plain english I have typed in those posts. No where did I ever say that video like the one on page 1 of this thread is just like those found at SOHO.

I just love how some of you "experts" twist what people write, when right there in the post, clearly shows the opposite.

Oh..btw, how TF would any of you "experts" know exactly what I do, or have done, or know about? Are you psychic? Are you mind readers?

If your so good at saying who knows what or what not, then by all means tell us something other than "its a bird".

Now given that there is plenty of videos over at SOHO that clearly show flares following the magnetic fluxes of the Sun, and shoot these flares outward, and sometimes back around to the surface, what I said is fact, proven by the SOHO observations.

What is in the video on page 1, could be a meteor, could be a bird, could be alot of things.

Imagine what kind of riff raff would be said had I insisted it was a giant mothership UFO tapping some energy from the Sun with a "touch n go" manuver.

Armchair experts....they always seem to come out in droves and give the same mudane explanations dont they. "Its a bird, its a plane..its Venus!"

Get a real job.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join