It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's first order: Halt pending regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

President Obama's first order: Halt pending regulations

rawstory.com

Even as President Obama and family come to grips with their new status, the hours-old administration is already fast at work.

In his first act as President, Obama approved a memo by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel which orders all federal agencies to freeze former President Bush's pending regulations until the new administration has a change to review them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I can't say I am not surprised, I actually am glad to see this take place. Bush tried to change a whole bunch of regulations at the 11th hour, some were highly questionable, and makes you wonder who really were they helping out here, us or the corporations.

But, come on, we all know that answer.

The next few weeks will be interesting to see what else he is going to do next.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No, He did not! Read the article! Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel issued a memo that "ordered" a halt to all pending regulations. Read the article.

Question: Since when does Chief of Staff have authority to "Order" any government agency to do or not do anything?

Maybe tomorrow the Press Secretary can draft some new legislation, too!

Here comes the Change. There goes your Hope.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Hmmm. But, President Obama approved the memo, so there is your authority. As well, I copied the headline per this forum rules.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

He approved the memo; read it again...seriously, do you guys bother reading these articles or just hit the reply button?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The Chief of Staff has the authority if the president approves it. That gives the Chief of Staff the go-ahead to hault those pending regulations put down by Bush.

Which is a good thing, shows that Obama is starting out on the right track, reviewing things instead of just blindly approving stuff.

Thats one check mark in my book of "Obama's Good n Bad Grades" in the good boxes.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He has my respect for this, I will further respect him if he actually reveals and stops legislation which would be counterproductive to the American people.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How is this any different than what Bush did to Clinton?

A new sheriff is in town and he will put his own laws into effect. It is to be expected.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wheres the conspiracy??

OF course they would do that, lol.
Im sure this happens every 4 or 8 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
How is this any different than what Bush did to Clinton?

A new sheriff is in town and he will put his own laws into effect. It is to be expected.

It's not any different. The OP found a non-MSM link that doesn't tell you this though.

Check out www.msnbc.msn.com...

Within hours after Bush was sworn in, Bush advisers were seeking to reverse some late-term actions of President Bill Clinton, who in his final 20 days in office issued 12 executive orders, including directives on migratory birds and the importation of diamonds from Sierra Leone.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Fantastic, they are hitting the ground running. This memo is just what I hoped to hear. It is going to be an awesome year even with the stress caused on us all by this economy. The days of the ruling class controlling government is over, you watch. Those of you still clinging to your ideology need to smell the roses, pragmatism is the word of the day. You may feel the paths Obama takes are ideological, but that is your problem too. The last time I remember the country being this happy about an election was for John F. Kennedy, no, this day is far more spectacular.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
"halt all pending federal regulations?"

I'm a little vague on this, because that's what the article was: vague. Not usually characteristic of Raw Story.

So what regulations are we talking here? I never knew Executive Orders fell into the "federal regulations" category- cause that's more my interest in seeing Obama dismantle harmful and secretive EO's, get rid of the Patriot Act, and how about forcing out that little Attachment to NSPD-51 that was so secretive they wouldn't even let Congress see it?

Tell ya what, he dismantles all that crap and reinstates the constitution the way it's meant to be and I don't care if he was born on the moon.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is to be expected.

The fun starts when he begins replacing U.S. Attorneys.

[edit on Jan 21st 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Lifting the stupid ban on protecting yourself in the wilderness is probably the most "conservative" thing Bush has done in his 8 years.

Obama best leave that the hell alone.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This isn't news. Every incoming administration puts a stop to what the last one was doing. It's to be expected and isn't anyting awe inspiring.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Obama needs to start undoing the changes Bush has made very quickly.
Or people are going to see him as questionable.
The domestic spying has to stop.
And Obama has to restore democracy or risk being seen as just another one of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Obama has expressed love for the patriot act and all of the spying programs repeatedly and expects to expand on those powers.

Where have you been?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The Chief of Staff is the son of a known terrorist Zionist. We all know now who controls the Presidency, and it's not the American people.

top topics

join