It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an open mind...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I Need proof!

I want ye to know that i have an open mind on all things, be they large or small,
but to be honest i just cant wrap my head around aliens comeing here to earth, it's like asking me to truly believe in god.

I acknowledge the possibility that both are very real and that im stupid for not believing when what i need to believe is right in front of me...but i need something substantial, a lot more than fuzzy pictures or stories of crash sites told by hillbilly soldiers.

I think we are not alone in our universe but i also think its a stretch to think aliens come here.

1) they would prob be so different to us as to have no interest in us none of our concepts can be understood by there brains and vice versa.

2) they would be so far ahead of us in every field imaginable, especially computers or there alien equvalent that they could just input some random variables into the computer and the computer will tell them what we are like, thus negateing the need to visit, the same logic can apply to visits for medical reasons.

I say all this with an open mind, i do acknowledge the (strong) possibility that I am a government approved grade A clown.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

I Need proof!

what would you consider as proof ?

seeing an Alien or a UFO ?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Well a UFO is what it is, it could be a branch from a tree flying in the wind that i cant identify.
An alien would be nice, or an actual space ship/saucer.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well obviously they do need us for something as per the fact that they are either here or they keep coming back. IMO we are a science project for them because we are so diverse from their genetic make-up. They abduct us, take us to their ships, and do experiments on us and implant some people with whatever it is they are implanting them with. We have no idea what these implants are for or even are, as per the few times unknown objects have been removed from people. They mutilate cattle of all things, for what we have yet to find out. I believe that there is something about us that they need to use to survive. That quiet possibly they are studying us and our animal life because we will be their "food" in the future whenever their current supply(wherever that may be) runs out.
We pose some sort of interest to them otherwise they wouldnt remain and keep studying us.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What would I consider as being proof...wow thats a hard one.

How about one of them fancy super electroplagmatic UFO's landing in my driveway and ET stepping out and knocking at my door inviting me for a test flight.

Or a huge mothership parks itself in LEO (Low Earth Orbit) and sends down their fleet of contact vessels and hovers over every government building and major city and uses holographic displays of "Greetings, we come in pieces".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It is good to have an open mind but remember not to have it so opened that your brain falls out. And be careful of the questions you ask for you may not like the answers you get.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That would pretty much tip the scales me thinks.
not a one liner.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

ok that sounds logical

but would you be persuaded by evidence from other people such as..

credible witnesses ?

clear video of a unidentified craft ?

something confirmed by some scientists to be Alien ?

goverment disclosure ?

if none of those will work then i guess you will be waiting just like the rest of the world ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

You assume i'm emotionally invested in the question, for me to care about the answer i would have to have some attachment to it, and it being my question is simply not good enough, i would however reconsider careing about the answer if the question spontaneously decided to pay my rent for the month.!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It is a bit sad that more people haven't had a first hand encounter with a U.F.O.

Personally, I have seen 2 first hand, so the fact they are real isn't even a question in my mind.

On the subject of "Why would they come here?" Well, probably for the same reason we look for them: Just to see if there are other "intelligent" (albeit maybe not as advanced) civilizations.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Seruak]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Europe

ok that sounds logical

but would you be persuaded by evidence from other people such as..

credible witnesses ?

clear video of a unidentified craft ?

something confirmed by some scientists to be Alien ?

goverment disclosure ?

if none of those will work then i guess you will be waiting just like the rest of the world ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1)A credible witness to me would have to have a lot to lose, stand to gain nothing, and have no history of mental illness in his family.

2)I have yet to see a clear quality video of anything more than 20 feet away, let alone a spaceship at 20000 feet.

3)What is the definiton of alien? a rock from the moon or a tool from another planet made by ET's. Also the scientist would also have to fulfill number 1!

4) The democratically elected government of congo does not constitute government disclosure, nor does a couple of employees who got fired.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Europe]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why is an Open Mind important?
Certainly their are various answers but remember the past to see the future as they say.

People who have believed in strange things in the past set the course for the future. Jules Vern created fiction about going to the moon. 20,000 leagues under the sea formulated the ideas of the submarine.

Same goes for space aliens. While we do not create them, when we look for them we expand our world. Some people will look at those fuzzy pictures of frisbees in much the way the Wright brothers read literature of flying machines. They will take those ideas and create new technology.

The universe is beyond our comprehension in size. Think of the speed at which our technology is evolving. Picture our capability in 200 years. Computers, communication, commonplace space travel, wormholes, particle colliders, invisibility cloaks all that it takes for an alien race to be zipping around the cosmos is for ONE species on ONE planet to have evolved a couple of hundred years faster than us, this over BILLIONS of stars and planets, what are the chances their is not a species out their, traveling to worlds cataloging species like our scientist exploring deep Africa. As we are a species on the edge of becoming a space faring species(or destroying ourselves), would we not be an interesting find? With our broadcasting radio and TV waves that rides untouched through the galaxy, what would be the chances they would not hear us?

In the worst case scenario some people will look at our crackpot ideas and find a way to create the next generation of technology around them. The cloak from the movie "Predator", traveling space like the "Enterprise" and maybe even some hoverboards...if were lucky...

Best case scenario, we are right, we seek answers and reach beyond our grasp. Even if they are not watching us, we will have provided ideas, thoughts and philosophy of how to handle alien contact when WE zip around the cosmos and run into our friendly(or unfriendly) neighbors.

Sometimes the literal truth is not as important as the process it takes us down, much as a musician learning a new song, we will falter and trip, and in those failures we will find information that will allow us to reach new heights, information that is more important than the deficiencies in believing such things.

What world do you want to live in, one in which we are simply alone in our evolution, or one in which we will make contact. Perhaps it is a case of choose your delusion, but we do not build monuments, we do not give moral instruction or even claim to know what is right or wrong. We simply march a slightly different path that will take us into a more developed, more advanced, more evolved future. We will be instrumental in sparking the imaginations of the youth, inspiring tinkerers to try the impossible.

I think I will do my first podcast with a refined version of this post...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Seruak

You may not realise it yet, but the only reason were looking for ET is so we can whoop his ass, steal his ship and conquer his planet, it would be like the colonisation of america all over again.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

ok

obviously none of those things will be proof enough because you will question everything about any such evidence presented to you.

so shouldn't you have titled this this thread...

i can't believe Aliens are visiting this planet unless i see one for myself.

isn't that your point then ? correct me if i am wrong

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfChaos

I would prefer a world with alien contact as then we have another factor in the hate game, maybe we can stop hating each other for 2 or 3 days a week and hate them instead, it's one thing that we are really good at, that and cheese burgers from burger king.
Good luck with the podcast man.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
granted the criteria are strict but surely not that hard considering all the people who claim to have had experiences from all over the world.
Im not really looking for definitve proof as if there was i would have saw it on TV, im looking for something to give the other side a fighting chance before I close this chapter in my mind to be re-opened at a later date.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Europe]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

well it's good you have an open mind about this subject but i am confused as to why you wouldn't want that proof right now if it were possible.

are you just toying with the whole thing because you might not like what the truth actually is ?

last thing i will say is most people will not be convinced until they see it for themselves and seeing something on television surely will be questionable to most.

keep an open mind and good luck with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

last thing i will say is most people will not be convinced until they see it for themselves and seeing something on television surely will be questionable to most.

Supposing an Alien craft turnd up at the International Air Show at Farnborough in the UK, and BBC, ITV, Sky News & CNN all had a poke round the ship, and a test flight round to Australia and back in about 10 minutes?

Would that do the trick, or would everyone call it a hoax?

If you look back to the 1930's ordinary people began to sample flight when flying circuses set up in a town near you and me. For a few coins they could get a ten minute flight in a biplane which they'd talk about for years.

So, why wouldn't extra terrestrials similarly want to show off their craft's capabilities to Joe Public? What a fantastic public relations exercise that would be, especially if they didn't abduct their passengers after they'd boarded the flight.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think you miss understand what I ment. What I ment was that it is hard to tell fact from fiction from what people say because a lot of them have let there brains fall out. I did not mean that you had let this happen. Sorry if you took it that way.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well the problem with the UFO proof thing is people do not know where to look. Your chances of seeing a UFO go up dramatically should you look up in the sky at night for a while. Spending hours on youtube and ATS will not bring you any closer to having your own UFO sighting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join