It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus a homosexual ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, the man was hanging out with 12 men in dresses. Clue anyone?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is nothing in the NT that remotely hints at Jesus being a homosexual. I have heard that argument before, but there's just no evidence, not even circumstantial. So no, he was not.

Now Paul on the otherhand...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaght

There's no evidence that he was heterosexual either.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I can't belive this thread hasn't been pulled down by the mods, not only did you give no factual or even theory based logic in this obserd question. I am extremely offended but I think thats all you were trying to do. TROLL POST MODS PLEASE remove this post. There is absolutely no evidence of iether of you cliams and in addition blasphemus. You should be ashamed.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wait...

He is!!!

Look at him doing a rendition of YMCA!! Like that's not proof enough...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Are you offended because you're gay, or Christian?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Wow - everything is genitalia to you. Ever take an inkblot test? The results might make someone a degree.

The thought that we must have manuscripts in their original language to understand them is foolishness of the first order. Translators exist, transcriptions exist, trains run in countries in which they weren't built, we put together bicycles for birthdays with instructions written in languages not of this planet, blah, blah, blah.

You're going to have to try a lot harder than that for me to buy into this new genital-based religion you're pushing.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Ichabod]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ichabod
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Wow - everything is genitalia to you. Ever take an inkblot test? The results might make someone a degree.

The thought that we must have manuscripts in their original language to understand them is foolishness of the first order. Translators exist, transcriptions exist, trains run in countries in which they weren't built, we put together bicycles for birthdays with instructions written in languages not of this planet, blah, blah, blah.

You're going to have to try a lot harder than that for me to buy into this new genital-based religion you're pushing.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Ichabod]

No, you need a direct word for word translation.

You don't seem to understand that somethings can not be translated with just a word, as words in the Greek and Hebrew carry "Tenses" that do not have English single word equivalences.

In the Greek, Jesus is GOING To the Cross, not been. How many english readers know that? Why do you think it says "to this day" so many times in the bible if they are past events. This is how the book is sealed. That is why it is posted above his head in three languages. It is a "Living word", not dead.

Genitalia, Bro, it is THE fact of life and the truth. Don't get all hung on genitals like a child. That is how life goes forward and that is the only way to salvation. The only thing saved of you, is the memory of you. If you don't have children, you are soon forgotten about and your "name" is erased from "the book of the living." "Evil doers will never be spoken of, nor brought to mind", and "I am enthroned in the praises of my people", says God. He is a spirit, which means a "gust of air", you know, that stuff that fills your lungs that "gusts" out of your mouth.

God is true, and that means you can verify him. All things unseen, are not true. God is not a man, he is all men and will live forever with memory of you, or not. You are the one that needs to turn falsity, if you believe in unseen things which "cannot save". That is why they are false...plain and simple. If you're worship consists of a cross, you'll be hung it...No one man, unless he is all men, can pay for everyone's sin. Jesus himself said, "Why do you call me Good, No one is Good but the father in heaven" He was not perfect, he learned to be obedient, to the point of death.

"To live you must die, you must be crucified....good bye." - Tool

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DONOTletthereaderunderstand

Glad your real agenda finally came out - to deny Christ. You might as well just cut to the chase next time.

I wonder how many Christian poseurs there are here on ATS, purposefully bastardizing the message and the scriptures to lead others into darkness, to sew confusion and misunderstandings? No wonder there are so many unbelievers, when people so confidently assert that we can't understand any of what we read.

Just to drive my stake a little further into the ground. There are over 1000 years of translations and transcriptions made by people who understood Hebrew and Greek perfectly well - much better I'm sure than these latter day experts. I have no doubt that they had access to even older manuscripts that they also had to transcribe and translate. They took on this task with full knowledge of the differences in language and completed it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

I love you. I pray you find the truth, before it finds you.

Isa 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear this, Not from the beginning in secret spake I, From the time of its being, there am I, And now the Lord Jehovah hath sent me, and His Spirit.
Isa 48:17 Thus said Jehovah (means "self existent"), thy redeemer, The Holy One of Israel, `I am Jehovah thy God, teaching thee to profit, Causing thee to tread in the way thou goest.
Isa 48:18 O that thou hadst attended to My commands, Then as a river is thy peace, And thy righteousness as billows of the sea,
Isa 48:19 And as sand is thy seed, And the offspring of thy bowels as its gravel, Not cut off nor destroyed his name before Me.
Isa 48:20 Go out from Babylon, flee from the Chaldeans, With a voice of singing declare, Cause ye this to be heard, Bring it forth unto the end of the earth, Say, Redeemed hath Jehovah His servant Jacob.
Isa 48:21 And they have not thirsted in waste places, He hath caused them to go on, Waters from a rock he hath caused to flow to them, Yea, he cleaveth a rock, and flow do waters.
Isa 48:22 There is no peace, said Jehovah, to the wicked!

Isa 51:12 I--I am He--your comforter, Who art thou--and thou art afraid of man? he dieth! And of the son of man--grass he is made!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

After all that you quote scripture in English. pffftt

Except for the fact that you are not Messiah, this reminds me of Jesus being handed the scroll and reading the portion about setting the captives free. Now that, my friend, was a stroke that only Jesus could have managed. This on the other hand looks more like ATS theater.

The prayer of a righteous man availeth much and if you were one, I would welcome your prayers. As it is, you can keep them to yourself or simply pray to yourself since you evidently believe you yourself are deity and holy.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ichabod

After all that you quote scripture in English. pffftt

Except for the fact that you are not Messiah, this reminds me of Jesus being handed the scroll and reading the portion about setting the captives free. Now that, my friend, was a stroke that only Jesus could have managed. This on the other hand looks more like ATS theater.

The prayer of a righteous man availeth much and if you were one, I would welcome your prayers. As it is, you can keep them to yourself or simply pray to yourself since you evidently believe you yourself are deity and holy.

"Judge not, lest you be judged"

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hmmm...

All these posts about Jesus being a homosexual with anyone mentioning the Secret Gospel of Mark ?

That's one of the main sources for this claim.
www.historian.net...

23 "And they went to Bethany and there was a woman whose brother had died.
24 And coming up to him, she prostrated herself before Jesus and said to him, 'Son of David,
25 have mercy on me.' But the disciples rebuked her. And becoming angry,
26 Jesus went with her to the garden where the tomb was. And

01 immediately a great sound was heard from the tomb, and Jesus, going toward it
02 rolled away the stone from the entrance to the tomb. And going in immediately where
03 the young man was, he stretched out a hand and raised him up, holding
04 his hand. Then, the man looked at him and loved him and
05 he began to call him to his side, that he might be with him. And going from
06 the tomb, they went to the house of the young man. For he was rich. And after
07 six days, Jesus instructed him. And when it was late, the young man went
08 to him. He had put a linen around his naked body, and
09 he remained with him through that night. For Jesus taught him
10 the mystery of the kingdom of God. After he got up from there,
11 he turned to the region of the Jordan." And after these things, this follows:
12 "James and John go to him," and that whole section.
13 But the "naked man with naked man" and the other things you wrote about are
14 not found. After, "and he goes to Jericho," it adds only, "And the
15 brother of the young man whom Jesus loved was there, as well as
16 his mother and Salome. And Jesus did not welcome them."

Kapyong

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Note how he says no where, "Tell them my death will bring them life".
He told them to stay clear of the Gentiles and the Samaritans, but only to preach to the Lost Sheep of Israel.
He declared these things IN HIS NAME. His name means "Self Existent Salvation" in other words..."The kingdom is At hand".

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroDeep

ZeroDeep:

I have found in my NIV Bible a verse from the Gospel of Mark that your friend may have been talking aobut, but he really got it all wrong.

Mark 10:13-16

People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

I do not see any homosexualty in this passage. The people who understoodd who Christ was, were of course hoping that he would reach out and touch there child on the cheeck. Jesus is telling the disciples that unless one has faith as innocent as a child they will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

I hope this puts the matter to rest and that we may go on to more important questions that one may have about the Christ.

Peace to all,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by Ichabod

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

I see where you made the mistake. It's a simple typo....

It should read
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the genitals.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Jesus could not have offspring because all those little pollywogs in his loins had to be killed with him. Every little sperm that was sinless in his loins was exchanged for a repentant sinning human.

I believe Jesus was the hybrid Adam before the female counterpart came out of him. Adam probably held both sperm and egg before Eve was created. Jesus was the composite man, male and female. That's why men have nipples. Through one man sin entered into the world. Eve was also man, but the womb part.

Jesus had the right to create a new race of perfect humans, once his female counterpart was spliced out of him. That new race had sole rights to the earth because they would have been perfect.

God wanted a way out for the humans who tried to be faithful. The wages of sin is death. But God had a loop hole in his own law. He created a new man just like Adam to replace him and start over again. So instead of birthing new humans out of the second Adam-Jesus, the perfect one is killed which required by law to have a replacement. The replacement was be the humans who believe Jesus to be their adoptive father and obey his commands.

The sperm and eggs in Adam and Eve had no right to life because they were dead to God when the carriers sinned. Jesus replaces those two.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by lostinspace]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Yes that would be the text that started the rumor. Thats what little knowledge of things does starts bad rumors.

It's common practice with a lot of people that meditate to either dress in very loose fitting clothes or wear none at all.

To my understanding Jesus was teaching secret religious teachings and practices to the fellow.

There is another book that isn't in the bible about the lost years of Jesus also. In that book it states Jesus was married before he started his ministy but his wife died. I can't remember the name of that book though.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
All these posts about Jesus being a homosexual with anyone mentioning the Secret Gospel of Mark ?

Indeed, if we want to start taking this seriously, let's put forth some evidence!

Now, all of you should be familiar with the possible homoerotic undertones in the Gospels, especially the Gospel of John, so we probably don't need to get into them here. Then, let's investigate certain extra-canonical sources:

The Book of Thomas the Contender

Thomas answered and said, "It is beneficial for us, lord, to rest among our own?"

The savior said, "Yes, it is useful. And it is good for you, since things visible among men will dissolve - for the vessel of their flesh will dissolve, and when it is brought to naught it will come to be among visible things, among things that are seen...."

Now, I am probably reading too much into the preceding passage. However, the following are more incontrovertible:

The Holy Book of the Great Invisible Spirit

Then the great Seth came and brought his seed. And it was sown in the aeons which had been brought forth, their number being the amount of Sodom. Some say that Sodom is the place of pasture of the great Seth, which is Gomorrah. But others (say) that the great Seth took his plant out of Gomorrah and planted it in the second place, to which he gave the name 'Sodom'.

Naassene Document

“Wherefore also God gave them up to passions of dishonour; for both their females did change their natural use to that which is against nature—

H. And what the natural use is, according to them, we will say later on.

C. —“and likewise also their males, leaving the natural use of the female, burned in their lust for one another, males with males working unseemliness 3—

H. And “unseemliness,” according to them, is the First and Blessed Formless Essence, the Cause of all forms for things enformed. 4

C. —“and receiving in themselves the recompense of their Error which was meet.”

H. For in these words which Paul spake is contained, they say, the whole of their hidden and ineffable Mystery of the Blessed Bliss.

For what is promised by the [rite of the] bath 5 is nothing else, according to them, than the introduction into Unfading Bliss of him who, according to them, is washed with Living Water, and anointed with the Chrism that no tongue can declare.

But of course, these are Gnostic heretics, and we should not automatically regard their word as particularly reliable. But, they show certain early (supposed) Christian circles not only accepted homosexuality, but considered it to be one of their greatest mysteries. And strangely, this dovetails nicely with the contents of Secret Mark--whether or not it is genuine.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VzH

Yes, I do believe he loved the slave and It was because of this deep love this man felt for his slave, Jesus healed him. It had nothing to do with sex.

Peace,
Grandma

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join