It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus a homosexual ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Look, this was raised by my freind, im not saying I believe him, simply curious as to what members thought.

Deep

I can respect that.

My opinion is that he wasn't.

I believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.

Well ill i will disagree with ya there. Jesus came to redeem the world ( i know you believe different) but when he wasnt speakin of salvation he was tellin how wrong the pharasees were . He did not follow regular jewish custom. He was a rebal of sorts who abolished the old churches ways because they thought u needed all that to get to heaven. You are not saved by your works but by faith alone

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
People in this country sufer from religious Illiteracy, From the american way to the national education association they have tried to use schools to proper teach comparative religions to erase religious illiteracy in this nation.
Before Jesus was, Zoroaster, Buddha, Lao Tzu of taoism, Egypt and horus, Babylon and Greek Mystery religions all this before christianity and Jesus and all of then with the same teachings, understand that christianity is a compilation of all this previous belief into one at least Mithras born on the 6th century before christ, was send by God not God born in earth he was suppously born from a virgin with a number of shepherds present and was picture carriying a lamb on his shoulders. Whoa, christianity realy is a copy cat and nothing original about it.
What can I said this country is failling in history as it is. Most of christianity is saturated from Mithraism.
Religion did not started with christianity but is been around for centuries.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Jesus probably did not exist. But if he did, then he was most likely homosexual. His "lifestyle" was not discussed anywhere in the Bible. Nor has he been attributed with any commentary on sexual orientation.

Given the paucity of evidence to the contrary and what we know of his living situation, it's more likely than not that he found comfort among men. Take that any way you want.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Jesus couldnt be Homosexual, for the Jesus of the bible never existed. He is but one of many man made God sons throughout the history of man and his superstitions.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Though I doubt the sincerity of the OP with his post, considering the 'muhahaha' at the end of it as evidence, it's been a long afternoon ... so here goes nuthin'.

What many seem to be pointing out is that Jesus didn't act inconsistently with scripture. In fact, he spent plenty of time giving the right interpretation of the scripture. Why would he do this and be in such flagrant violation of scriptural doctrine? Consequently, I would humbly submit that Jesus being either homosexual or pedophile would be inconsistent with scripture and therefore not admissible as a possibility. What other evidence do we have for this? Well, it might have been a lot easier for him to be accused and convicted and killed if he had been. Possibly the Sanhedrin would have gone after this rather than him saying that his Father is in heaven. As recorded, they didn't pass him to the authorities on these grounds at all. Instead, it's recorded that Pilate hung the appellation "King of the Jews" over his head rather than "Homosexual" or "Pedophile". And what about all the "it's not my time yet" stuff and walking away from people wanting to stone him?

Nah, it's just foolishness and Christian-baiting to suggest it.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
To those saying he couldn't be a homosexual because it is dirty, he probably wasn't a heterosexual either since that is dirty as well. He didn't have any sexual relations to men or women from what we know, so probably he was neither homosexual or heterosexual. Homosexuality and heterosexuality was probably therefor equal in his eyes.

Added to that, he never spoke against homosexuality or heterosexuality, except the time he said that that women had had 5 other husbands. He says more against multiple sex partners than he does about homosexuality (which is zero). Have any of you heterosexuals out there had more than one sexual partner? He who is without sin cast the first stone. You have your own perversions as well which go against God. But you seem to love your hypocrisy more than you do Christ and your fellow man.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Yeah Yeah, this will bring much needed drama to this side of the forum.

An old freind of mine a couple of months back stated that Jesus " might " have been a homosexual, or a pedophile. Now, this is no view of mine, im curious as to wether this holds any evidence.

He stated somethign along the lines of, " suffer upon me all the children " stated by Jesus.

Do these remarks hold any truth ?

Deep.

Ps. I knew this will bring a lot of heated debate, muhahahah.

Because Jesus is ALL people he said, "Suffer the children to come unto me" meaning "Don't forbid having children...". If you don't have children, you don't have a home where your "Memory" may rest.

He said, "The kingdom of heaven belong to such as these (children)" and "We are neither given or taken in marriage, but are made like unto the angels in heaven". This is because, children do not marry nor are given in marriage.

This is all Jesus was ever saying. Suffer the cross of decedents, which is what Jordan means. Unless you give up your life for a child, you will not have life. All you will have is the fruit of the Ground, that is, your labour with nothing to show for it.

When Jesus said, "It is easier for a Camel to go through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter into heaven", this is what he was saying. "It is easier for sperm to pass through the penis, then it is for a rich man to enter into life". He comes on the "clouds" of heaven. The Vagil of the temple was ripped top to bottom.

"What is it to gain the whole world, BUT LOOSE YOUR SOUL?" Your Sol, your Soil, the promised land flowing with milk and blood and the home of your ancestors, your body.

"A man must leave his father and mother and cling inside of the woman of him and the two become one flesh". We are sent out in two, we are called to the arc in two's, because unless you are fruitfull and multiply

It's like this, "Two man enter, one man leave". You gotta go to "Thunderdome" and take on "Master Blaster" or you don't make it out of "Boarder town"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Ugh. I think you might have forgotten the "Do Not" in front of your name.

Let me get this right. The children are brought to Jesus so that he can bless them and the talmidim who are there rebuke them and Jesus says, "Let the children come to me..." and you're stating that this is a reference to having children?

May I recommend a course in hermeneutics? I think you've violated both of the basic rules.

Nice picture though - I really like the Jedi Jesus thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If Jesus was a homosexual that would really show those Christian fundmentalists that they were wrong to ban homosexuals from their churches. It does not matter to me if Jesus were a homosexual because I am one. Homosexuality is not unnatural nor is it a sin; it occurs naturally.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroDeep

I remember reading a book in the school library back in the seventies which went into great detail about why the author believed that Jesus was homosexual. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of the author or the title of the book. It was however a well written and convincing theory and very much written along academic lines.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ichabod

Let me get this right. The children are brought to Jesus so that he can bless them and the talmidim who are there rebuke them and Jesus says, "Let the children come to me..." and you're stating that this is a reference to having children?

May I recommend a course in hermeneutics? I think you've violated both of the basic rules.

Yep, that is the only truth there is. Est. Day 1.

"How can you understand heavenly things if you can't even comprehend earthly things?"

Thanks on the pic, would he really drink pabst blue ribbon? EGHH

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
If Jesus was a homosexual that would really show those Christian fundmentalists that they were wrong to ban homosexuals from their churches. It does not matter to me if Jesus were a homosexual because I am one. Homosexuality is not unnatural nor is it a sin; it occurs naturally.

They are wrong to ban homosexuals, but that doesn't change the fact that it stops the blood, which has the life, from going forward to a new generation.

There is no heaven but the one you reside in. If you put forth your blood, through semen, into the temple of the body (the only temple) of a woman then you produce a new generation. This can not happen with woman woman or man man.

"Be fruitful and Multiply"...doesn't happen with homosexuality. "

As you have been given life freely, so to give"....can't happen with homosexuality. You can foster life, just not give it.

"My salvation shall not linger"....biological clock is ticking...

Again, I have nothing against homosexuals, but the truth is the truth. I wish it were different and perhaps someday it will be. Remember that movie where Arnold Schwarzenegger got pregnant. We were not meant to fly either, but all things are possible with God. God wanted to fly, so he did.

It just takes time and time requires people. As of now, they can not come forth from homosexual relationships. Fostered yes, produced no.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The funny thing is people want to interpret it, but it isn't open for interpretation. I would suggest reading the bible in the languages it was written in. It is "sealed" in it's language.

There is nothing mysterious about what Jesus was saying. He spoke outright. People will go on believing King James made a perfect translation, but people don't understand that English can't properly translate what is in the Greek and Hebrew with out making the book a mile thick. That was not cost effective when you are paying scribes per character.

This is why it is said, "Here a little, there a little, Precept upon precept and line upon line." "Those who backslide will learn doctrine"

God never changes. He didn't suddenly come up with a whole new invisible salvation plan. Jesus never preached that accepting his death would give you life. He said, "REthink for the kingdom is at hand". Real simple.

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DONOTletthereaderunderstand

Nice try - you should take it on the road with a tent and a tin can. People enjoy thinking that everything in the bible tracks back to our genitals. You could make some money with that shtick.

Where do you get your whacky interpretations of scripture? Are they all made up yourself or are you reading from something.

Really, I'd love to know.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So, your argument hinges on two points:

1) that English cannot successfully encode Hebrew and Greek easily

and to do so carefully would be

2) economically unattractive.

Now that's a funny one and a pile of BS, since it was done, and exists. I'm sure that when God created language he had the notion of "equivalence" in mind, i.e. that thoughts expressed in one language could be successfully described in another.

Anyway, we know all those Greek Gods in myths were homosexuals and pedophiles and that was translated correctly - OR WAS IT!?!

hahaha

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by DONOTletthereaderunderstand

Nice try - you should take it on the road with a tent and a tin can. People enjoy thinking that everything in the bible tracks back to our genitals. You could make some money with that shtick.

Where do you get your whacky interpretations of scripture? Are they all made up yourself or are you reading from something.

Really, I'd love to know.

"God desires Holy offspring"
"To the least of these, so to have you done unto me"
"Don't you know that you are the temple of God and that his spirit resides in you"
"God comes out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth"
"The love of many will grow cold"
"I came so that you might have life age enduring"
"And they over came him by the blood of the lamb (arhen meaning male), and by the word of their testimony; and THEY LOVED NOT THERE LIVES UNTO THE DEATH".

Ichabod means "No Glory". In other words, no orgasm, after all that is the Glory of the lord.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So, your argument hinges on two points:

1) that English cannot successfully encode Hebrew and Greek easily

and to do so carefully would be

2) economically unattractive.

Now that's a funny one and a pile of BS, since it was done, and exists. I'm sure that when God created language he had the notion of "equivalence" in mind, i.e. that thoughts expressed in one language could be successfully described in another.

Anyway, we know all those Greek Gods in myths were homosexuals and pedophiles and that was translated correctly - OR WAS IT!?!

hahaha

Nope that's not true. Language was screwed up at the tower (penis) of babel. There was never a correction in the matter only everyone left off not "understanding" one another. That didn't mean they began speaking different languages, as there was already different languages, but rather they were of one mind and that is what god broke up...understanding one another to be of "one mind".

If you haven't read the Greek or Hebrew then what platform are you speaking from? You don't understand what is real and what is not? What is real is what you are living, what is not real is a home in the clouds after you die. Real life is before you every day.

"you search the scriptures for in them you think you have life"

Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Single guy of 35, never married, hangs out and bathes with 12 guys all the time and always talking about love.

totally gay.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why is homosexuality a sin?
If two mean love each other, HOW can love ever be a sin?

How many men love lesbians? And how many men of these men hate homosexuals? How can one thing be a sin and the other not?

Please, be honest to yourself!

Would you turn away from your savior if you found out that he was not like you expected him to be? Is this your true love?

Greetings

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Love is ok, but you've got a better chance of getting into heaven if you massacre entire villages in Jesus's name than if you're a man who loves another man.

Go fig.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join