It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus a homosexual ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
well said pancho villa ....some of jesus's teachings were taken from the bible because they were liberating...
council of constantinople and Nicea were good examples of this......

Jesus knew this was going to happen so he hid many of his teachings in parables and allegory so that those who concentrated on christ or the divine in prayer or meditation theese less apparent meanings would surface and be revealed.....Ive had it happen !!!!

He knew those men were going to take things from his teachings so he hid them.....

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It will bring drama. ARE YOU CRAZY!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???? JESUS BEING GAY?????? Your gay. Jesus being gay are you crazy? He would never be gay!!!

BAHAHAHAHHA

I will say though, I happy with the response I have recieved on this thread. It was taken very maturely and as of yet, I have not been shot.

Once again, Thank you

And again, bahaahha

Deep

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

It will bring drama. ARE YOU CRAZY!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???? JESUS BEING GAY?????? Your gay. Jesus being gay are you crazy? He would never be gay!!!

BAHAHAHAHHA

I will say though, I happy with the response I have recieved on this thread. It was taken very maturely and as of yet, I have not been shot.

Once again, Thank you

And again, bahaahha

Deep

lol a joke. But seriously if bieng gay is a sin then why would God be gay? Gay people go to hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

lol a joke. But seriously if bieng gay is a sin then why would God be gay? Gay people go to hell.

Well thats your opinion, and threads a million have been created to discuss the consequences of homosexuality in the eyes of God ( Christian ), not here.

This was to answer my original question, and some members have pointed out some odd doings be Jesus in the Bible, that seem quit precarious.

Deep

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So are you sugesting Jesus is gay in fact? Just because he huged men?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

I hug men.

That don't make me gay. I have nothing against gays AT ALL. I'm not a homophobe.

Just because guys may pat each other's asses or show wierd ways of being good friends doesn't make them gay. In football & baseball (I think) teammates tap each other's asses in a way to say "Good Job!" or something along those lines.

Just because men sometimes show love or caring for other men in a certain way, people go "GAY ALERT! and their gaydars (yes, like radars) go crazy.

I'm not gay, nor do I find anything wrong with gay people. We must treat everyone fairly. Even if being gay IS against the Christian faith. (Which I AM a part of, btw.)

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No, and when did I state this exactly?

I never stipulated his sexual bias, nor have I come to any conclusions, just curious as to wether my freind was just playing with my head or pointing at something odd.

Its amazing though, how many could call Prophet Muhhamed a pedophile and get away with it, and this is taken as heresy !

Well the Muslim population is a few strong here though, that is a problem.

Deep

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A.) Your friend was surely joking, sounds like a joke I would make if I was a liiittttllee more daring. (even though I am a christian.)

B.) God doesn't contain homosexuality because of freedom of choice. He gives us the choice to be what we would like...then condemns us for it. haha, I still have alot more researching of the bible. There are still contradictions that I find all the time, like the one I just stated. Anyway, Jesus was not homosexual. I don't think he was married either, could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.

Back in the day of Jesus, a man who wasn't married was considered a cursed man. He would be ostracized by the entire nation.

But Jesus was a respected man all throughout Jerusalem and Israel. People sought knowledge and guidance from him. He was called "Rabbi" or good teacher.

He had to be married.

Also, refer back to Jesus' first miracle at the wedding at Capernaum. His mother asked him to do something because the wine was gone. According to Jewish tradition and law, Jesus can't do anything if it isn't his wedding. Only the bride or groom can. So, this wedding at Capernaum was Jesus' wedding.

It's about time I came across somebody else who's done their homework. I agree 100%. I've believed this for years.

The belief that Jesus could not have been married was perpetrated by the Catholic Church. Chances are...he WAS married...did have SEX on a regular basis and quite probably had children as well. Thanks for posting this.

By the way...the cat who started this post misquoted that scripture. Somebody should correct him.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

By the way...the cat who started this post misquoted that scripture. Somebody should correct him.

Please do.

I was hoping that someone would step up to the plate.

Deep

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I wrote this over and over again only to delete it and come back in frustration. If god loves everything, which is infact his creations, then would he not love all his children equally? If god loves man then does that not make him gay? Do you love your father or mother? Are you not gay then? Sure you may not enact the physical properties of such love, but isn't it all the same in then end?

If your construct of god does in fact exist, then it is only reasonable that he is bisexual. The concept of god either exists as an entity that loves his creations or does not.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I agree.

Christian bias dictates man as a construct of Gods image.

But wait, does that also make him a pedophile ?

Does God also engage in acts of incest, and beastiality, or have I just opened a whole new can of worms ?

Hm.....

Deep

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Look, this was raised by my freind, im not saying I believe him, simply curious as to what members thought.

Deep

I can respect that.

My opinion is that he wasn't.

I believe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.

Back in the day of Jesus, a man who wasn't married was considered a cursed man. He would be ostracized by the entire nation.

But Jesus was a respected man all throughout Jerusalem and Israel. People sought knowledge and guidance from him. He was called "Rabbi" or good teacher.

He had to be married.

Also, refer back to Jesus' first miracle at the wedding at Capernaum. His mother asked him to do something because the wine was gone. According to Jewish tradition and law, Jesus can't do anything if it isn't his wedding. Only the bride or groom can. So, this wedding at Capernaum was Jesus' wedding.

Additionally, Jesus was in the line of succession from King David to Joseph, meaning, he was to be the next king of the Jews as Joseph�s first-born son. The orthodox Jews would have certainly made a big issue if Jesus was not married.

In the New Testament, Twice Jesus goes to Simon and Martha�s house and is anointed by Magdalene. First time his feet, second time his head. The only reason Magdalene would be preforming this ceromonial rite is she was his �wife� and that is the old tradition. It also means she would have been pregnant. Something Hebrew scholars love to point out, but Christians tend to ignore about that point in time.

Also, for Magdalene to be called "Mary" she would have to be married to a man in the David Line, meaning it is a title of status.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Keena]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keena
In the New Testament, Twice Jesus goes to Simon and Martha�s house and is anointed by Magdalene. First time his feet, second time his head. The only reason Magdalene would be preforming this ceromonial rite is she was his �wife� and that is the old tradition. It also means she would have been pregnant. Something Hebrew scholars love to point out, but Christians tend to ignore about that point in time.

John 13

5After that, he (Jesus) poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
6He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"
7Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
8"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."
Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."
9"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"
10Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean. 11For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.
12When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. �Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them.

Washing feet was customary it was done by servants in people's homes. Jesus says, "Do you know what I have done for you?" By Jesus saying this, he is looking for his disciples to grasp something greater. He performs the act of a servant. This was a great lesson in the service of humanity it showed humility and selflessness of Jesus by washing his disciples feet.

He was showing us that we must perform acts of service and love for one another. We must do things that we think are beneath us for people who we think are below us. We must do things that we may consider humiliating. It teaches us to serve our fellow man in a humble way.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ponder this:

One of the reasons why there is no obvious mention of Jesus�s marital status in the New Testament is that the evidence was deliberately removed by CHURCH decree. This was revealed in 1958, when a manuscript of the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople was discovered in a monastery at Mar Saba, east of Jerusalem, by Morton Smith, Prof. Of Ancient History at Columbia University, USA. Within a book of works of St. Ignatius of Antioch transcription of a letter by Bishop Clement of Alexandria (c.AD 150-250). The letter is addressed to Theodore on the topic of the �Generally unknown section from the Gospel of Mark.� Clement�s letter decreed that some of the original content of Mark was to be suppressed because it did not conform with the Church requirements.

Proper Hebrew marital rite:

The Song of Solomon is a series of love canticles between a sovereign bride and her bridegroom. To put this in prospective, you have to first understand 1) Jesus, as defined by the law, is the heir to the thrown of the Jews. 2) Magdalene is referred to as �Mary� which is a formal title denoting �wife to an heir of King David.� Specifically, Song 1:12 � while the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell of thereof.�

The symbolic and very expensive aromatic ointment for marriage is Spikenard. The same Spikenard as referred to in Song 1:12 is used by Mary of Bethany (Magdalene) to anoint Jesus�s head at the house of Lazarus (Simon Zelotes and Martha). A similar incident (narrated in Luke 7:37) had occurred some time earlier when a woman anointed Jesus feet with ointment and wiping them afterwards with her hair. John 11:1 also recounts this earlier event, then explains how the ritual of anointing Jesus�s feet was performed yet again by the same �woman of Bethany.� John 12:3 Mary took a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with odour of the ointment.

Magdalene was performing the marriage rite, as prescribed in Solomon, hence they were married!

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Keena]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There is absolutely no way Jesus was a homosexual.

And the theory that He was married is also just as ill informed.

Jesus was probably the most unorthodox prophet in the bible (off course after all, He was the son of the living God).

He preached forgiveness, where other prophets exclaimed vengeance, He went into the houses of tax-collectors and sinners - He was already looked upon with dismay in the conservative jewish community.
For godness sake, He even talked with the most hated enemies of the jews the romans and samaritans.

Now you jump the gun, because he did something at a wedding?

For heavens sake He openly told the people he was not just the son of God, but God himself ( he calls himself: I AM)

There is absolutely no way any of these theories can be backed up

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keena
Magdalene is referred to as �Mary� which is a formal title denoting �wife to an heir of King David.�

Where did you get your translation? Magdalene came from the place of her birth Magdala. In those days they didn�t use last names instead they called her Miriam from Magdala or modern translation Mary Magdalene.

What, then, can we say with certainty about Mary Magdalene? First, her name was not Mary. It was Miriam, as is also true for the mother of Jesus. This means she was named after the Jewish prophetess of the Old Testament (see Ex. 15.20-21). Second, she did not have a last name, �Magdalene.� Like many ancient Near Eastern people, including Jesus, she was distinguished from others through mention of her place of birth or residence�in this case Magdala. Magdala was a tiny fishing village on the northwest corner of the sea of Galilee, an area we know Jesus evangelized.

www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The problem I see here is that a lot of people are looking at the word "gay" in the modern context.

It should be remembered that many ancient cultures (and even some in today's times) practiced a form of sexuality where the woman was used for procreation and the man was used for sexual pleasure. I guess this could be called a form of bisexuality but for definition the question of love has to be put into context. Jesus never at any time in the Bible promotes physical acts of love - every time he mentions the word it has spiritual connotations. So is Jesus gay because he promotes the love of his fellow man in a non-sexual way? I don't believe so, other than I would call any son gay because he loves his father.

From study, it would appear that Jesus was not of a section of historical society that practiced this type of sexuality so it would have been very unusual for him to have any sexual contact with anything other than the opposite sex. As Jesus was also a rabbi and this was a particular section of society where it was almost compulsory to marry and have children, I believe it to be contradictory to common sense to suggest that he was gay.

I also believe that Jesus would have found sexual procreation a necessity of the worship of God. Heterosexual sex and the offspring that it produces, provides the physical body to place the spirit of God into. Homosexuality, although an a matter of choice in my opinion, is a dead end in the progression of man. It does not provide a furtherment of the human race and would therefore not provide a furtherment of God.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In studying the varous edits and progressions that the Gospels went through to reach their current versions, I have stumbled across something interesting....

It seems that at one point in time that one of the early Christian sects, the Carpocratians (c. 200 CE), felt that pederasty was a virtue and their versions of Mark included stories of Jesus' homosexual exploits of young boys.

This could very well be the source of claims that Jesus had homosexual tendencies. It might be interesting to find an existing translation of that version of Mark and see just what was written in it.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Once again:

Jesus is God, homosexuality is a sin against God, Jesus cannot and will not sin against his own word. No chance Jesus was homosexual.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join