It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The martial Law you are referring to is a "level of urgency" in congress to move a bill along. Not the ML in the movie "The surge"

Do a little research ... not CNN

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by jsobecky

Then the ceremonies began.

Incredibly, Bush and Cheney, and their wives, were loudly booed when they were introduced to the crowd.

I was ashamed to be an American.

What a total lack of class. With the world watching, Americans had to act like a bunch of immature adolescents.

Those were not examples of "Americans;" they were Liberal/Democrat/Progressive immature adults.

Welcome to life in the culture of "Hope" and "Change."

(Honestly, did you not see this coming? But wait; there's more ... .)
jw

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Now before I tell you those words. Let me first say, we had people that had swam out of New Orleans and all they had were the clothes on their back. Which those clothes were disgusting, so we were getting clothes besides of course providing for their needs.

I do imagine that if those people had been responsible and left when warned they wouldn't have been in such a predicament. I can also say that if they would have had a better mayor and governor they probably would have fared a lot better as well. Easy to blame the fed for trying to fix a disaster that the state, cities, and citizens of Louisiana failed to prevent or at least lessen.

you may now continue with your booing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by TrueAmerican

2) There was no real threat of terrorism, and still isn't. Not on the scale they espouse and with all the insane amounts of money they have spent on it. They created the fear in the people, and then had the people pay for their own "protection."

No. They never pushed 'fear' much after 9/11. All other fear was manufactured by the left.

Come on JSO - you've said some stone cold stuff back in the day... But I have never known you to be ~F~O~S...

The left manufactured the fear???

I suppose AL SHARPTON developed the TERROR THREAT LEVEL

RED

Purple

BLUE

RAINBOW

ANNNNNNNNNNNDDD ------ STOP!!!

GOOD lord - I don't think Bill SHAKESPEAR could re write what you are attempting.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I've been a harsh critic of Obama. But this morning, after listening to pre-inauguration interviews with some conservative voices that I respect, I decided to change my mind and give Obama a chance to prove himself. The people I refer to were full of hope and praise for the man and the day, and I carried that feeling for the rest of the morning.

Incredibly, Bush and Cheney, and their wives, were loudly booed when they were introduced to the crowd.

What a total lack of class. With the world watching, Americans had to act like a bunch of immature adolescents.

An historic day, ruined by idiots.

answers.yahoo.com...

What????!!!
They should be in jail for the rest of their lives. The rest of the world is boooeing with them!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
2 million plus people on the Mall in 10 and 20 degree
weather and the only "rude" behavior was booing?

Sure beats the Andrew Jackson Inauguration in 1829 which
erupted into a riot.

It appears that the well-wishers came to party
and in their revelry trashed the White House
forcing the President and the First Lady to flee.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Those were not examples of "Americans;" they were Liberal/Democrat/Progressive immature adults.

Welcome to life in the culture of "Hope" and "Change."

(Honestly, did you not see this coming? But wait; there's more ... .)
jw

Immature...

BARACK OSAMA
"Those were not examples of AMERICANS..."
Barack the magic negro
"Is Barack Obama really president???"
"UH... I'm affraid of him... he's an -- an ARAB...."
LIPSTICK on a pig
"My MUSLIM faith"
"terrorist"
"kill him"

Ya - The majority non AMERICANS have a monopoly on immaturity

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by questioningall

another thing......

I wonder how many Katrina victims were in the crowd?

(Ask the Democrat former governor of La. and the Democrat former Mayor of N.O. - both thrown out after their neglect, incompetence and indifference - where)

I wonder how many families who lost loved ones in Iraq were in the crowd?

(Ask the Democrat Congress, Pres. Obama and his war-supporting Sec. of State, H. R. Clinton; none of whom opposed-Obama still won't commit to an end, will he?)

I wonder how many people who have been spied on illegally were in the crowd?

(Ask Pres. Obama, Dem. Rep. Pelosi, and Dem. Sen. Reid, who led the Democrat Congress in passing the Patriot Act, twice)

I wonder how many people who have relatives or friends who have been tortured per Bush's orders were in the crowd?

(They weren't; they are in Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq killing Americans and civilians)

I wonder how many people who had voted for someone other than Bush, but their votes went to Bush - due to voter fraud was in the crowd?

(They weren't because there aren't any, numerous courts and investigators agree: Gore is a loser, Kerry is a loser)

I wonder how many people who had lost their homes were in the crowd?

(Ask Bill Clinton, Barney Frank and Chuck Shumer, who created the no-qualifying mortgage debacle)

I wonder how many people, who had not been able to put food on their table, due to the high cost of gas were in the crowd?

(His Holiness Gore, Pres. Obama, Sec. Clinton, and Congresspeople Pelosi and Reid should know for killing exploration/refining, promoting the Global Warming hoax and making millions of dollars from it)

I can list 100's of more things Bush did.......
(No, you can't)

Deny Ignorance.

Look what you've done to our country.

jw

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You said, "I do imagine that if those people had been responsible and left when warned they wouldn't have been in such a predicament. I can also say that if they would have had a better mayor and governor they probably would have fared a lot better as well. Easy to blame the fed for trying to fix a disaster that the state, cities, and citizens of Louisiana failed to prevent or at least lessen."

Thank you for saying it. I lived in Louisianna for a year and I sat through 3 huricanes that year. EVERYONE in that state knows that if you stay after the evacuation order, then you take your life in your hands.

What I remember most from the coverage of Katrina, was a New Orleans native standing near a street that was under five feet of water, and the said "When the water recedes a week from now, you're going to see that this street is lined with cars. These people could have left if they had wanted to." The man was absolutely right. Yet, somehow it's the governments fault.

I would also like to point out that the coasts of Mississippi and Alabama were just as devastated as NO but they have cleaned up the mess and rebuilt their towns. The people of NO, are still waiting for someone else to do it for them.

Last point, when I lived in Louisianna, the Governor was Edwin Edwards. One of the local news stations asked the Governor about the weak levies and asked when the state was going to fix them. He replied that he was never going to fix the levies, he said, "Every year the Feds give us money to fix the levies and we spend it on roads, schools, and a dozen other programs, it's one of our best sources of revenue. We are never going to kill that cash cow."

Yet, somehow it's all Bush's fault.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

I starred this post because I agree, people should have left, and they should have listened. However I think people who are saying “Katrina wasn’t Bush’s fault” don’t understand the scope of the event or the aftermath or the lack of care and consideration in his administration during Katrina. Katrina was not Bush’s fault; Katrina was a deadly force of nature. It is how he reacted to and handled Katrina that will haunt his legacy, on top of everything else.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

I starred this post because I agree, people should have left, and they should have listened. However I think people who are saying “Katrina wasn’t Bush’s fault” don’t understand the scope of the event or the aftermath or the lack of care and consideration in his administration during Katrina. Katrina was not Bush’s fault; Katrina was a deadly force of nature. It is how he reacted to and handled Katrina that will haunt his legacy, on top of everything else.

Wow you have updated yer look - Evolution... Mucho attention a

link   

I do imagine that if those people had been responsible and left when warned they wouldn't have been in such a predicament. .

It's pretty egotistical to sit from your position and declare such things. Some of them simply could not leave for various reasons. (and some chose to stay, but they didn't all whine about what happened) We could all say what we would do but we aren't the only people on this planet. I won't comment on the other points because i don't disagree with them.

Getting to the meat of this issue, i'm finding the party lemmings on all sides very tiring. Bush wasn't great, nor was CLinton, looking at Obama's cabinet pretty much makes me feel this will just be clinton 3 and we will still be stuck in Iraq. I'm hoping and praying for the sake of the soldiers (i am married to one, live with them in this city) they wise up to the inevitable failure this war will be. For many independents the choices offered were rather poor. The beginning of a real solution to the corruption in this country is the end of the two party system. We need real, viable third parties with equal access to debate platforms, ballot access, etc. I say BOOOOOO to all the party lemmings posting here.

link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
No,

Those men don't deserve applause or any kind of respect, they ruined your once great nation in 8 years....8 years!

They should have been pelted with rocks and then lynched!
\

You are not even in the Position to speak on how "Our Great Nation" is or was, as you are not even an American. I have nothing but respect for you Aussies, and you would never catch me putting down your Nation for Political reasons.

For instance, I happen to vehemently disagree with your Firearms Policies, and from what I have heard from other Australian's, this drastic oppression of Self-Defense Capabilities has lead towards an increase in Violent Crimes over much of Oz. YET, I have NEVER bashed your Nation, considered it "Not Great Anymore", or even "Ruined" for that matter.

As for "lynching", no matter whether I actually like our Current President or not, I dare you to try and bring harm to them. I despise President Obama for many reasons, but I would back him up in a heartbeat if some Foreigner attempted to cause him Pain or Suffering. I would also NEVER boo him, and if I happened to be introduced to him, or he offered his hand, I would gladly shake it and hold a respectful conversation with him.

Individuals like you need to grow up, and learn some dignity for Heaven's sake.

[edit on 1-21-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

A pink floyd avatar???

I'm sure you guys would get along smashingly.

Another brick in the wall.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Again, you could use a Civics class. In 2001-2002 the Democrats controlled the Senate. That is because of Jim Jeffords changing parties. Remember?

The Republicans took control of the Senate with the midterm election in 2002 but they were not seated until Jan. 2003. So, please take a Civics class and maybe a history class too.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer

Again, you could use a Civics class. In 2001-2002 the Democrats controlled the Senate. That is because of Jim Jeffords changing parties. Remember?

The Republicans took control of the Senate with the midterm election in 2002 but they were not seated until Jan. 2003. So, please take a Civics class and maybe a history class too.

Look you guys got what you wanted...

You got yer defense man and yer oil man in and look at the $$$$$$$$$$$$ it generated.

You have got to be cracked out if you figure any of this was Liberal agenda...

Keep hitting yer skull on the same wall and good luck civics master.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I like how everyone here who's bashing the former administration thinks they know how a real government works. You people have absolutely NO idea what went on during the last eight years. All you saw was all the negative BS that was fed to you by the media (liberal or not). And I don't just mean the news on the tv, I'm talking about all of your "insider blogs" and crap like that too. Yes it is your right to protest against something you don't like, but for crying out loud, wishing harm upon someone, no matter how much you disagree with them, is wrong. Stoned? Lynched? Get out of the dark ages and into modern society where we try to take an unbiased look at things. And give people with that much power a little more credit. They have the lives of MILLIONS in their hands; you have no idea what kind of decisions they must make in an effort to do what they think is right. And don't give me any crap about how I don't understand what's going on. I am a soldier who enlisted under the Bush presidency, I know full and well what I got myself into, and all those others like me did too. We signed up to serve our country and our President, and any real serviceman or woman will tell you that they are proud of their country and what they do for a living. All that being said, I don't agree with everything that went on the last eight years, but that doesn't mean I want anyone hurt (or killed) because of it. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

On the response to Katrina.

I was out of town, ( I live in Atlanta) on and before Labor Day, 2005. I was in Charlotte, NC. I watched the buildup to Katrina and I remember quite specifically that all the networks were warning about Katrina and telling everyone to get out. So, they all knew about the danger.

That being said, I traveled back home on Labor Day. It took me a couple of extra hours to get home, because I was at the back of a massive convoy of military vehicles ... all traveling to New Orleans. These vehicles can only go about 50 miles per hour. These were National Guard troops, so if they were on the road from North Carolina on Labor Day, that means that they mobilized the day before, and they were called up at least a day before that. That would have been the 29th of August, that's less than 24 hours after the levies broke. There is nothing that the Government could have done to shorten that timeline. Especially when the Governor of Louisiana told the President that she didn't need any help.

Remember the Coast Guard helicopters? Remember the Navy and Marine helicopters? Flying in and rescueing people from their rooftops and attics? Who do you suppose ordered them to New Orleans? Gee, could it be the President?

Remember the news helicopters getting in the way and doing nothing?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer

I personally knew Senator Jeffords, and he was a Great Man. He was in my Old Man's Navy Unit, and I definitely have a lot of Respect for him.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Oh I remember alright. It was a mess and the administration could have done better, and with relief efforts afterwards they could have spent the money and distributed resources a hell of a lot better. I’m pretty sure even Mr. Bush has admitted that.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join