It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

Wish i would have saved it....

Perhaps reported it to IWF or something similar....

Ah well... It's gone now, no point dwelling.... it just sickens me to my stomach and breaks my heart that somebody in this day and age could be so ignorant and disgusting.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow all I can say is wow. This kinda crap is why I dont come here very offent. It just the same crap over and over again.

"BAAHHH bush is a war criminal......" typical ATS poster

prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

"BAHHH We should Hang or shot them..." typical ATS poster

that makes you no better than them if what you say is true.

"YAY Obama" typical Ats poster

Yay a new guy to hate in 4 or 8 years.

"BAHH its all bush's fault" Typical ATS poster

dont forget congress kiddos

"BAHHH BUSH did 9/11"

see answer number 1

"Bahh I have nothing better to do in this horrable ecomany then camplain about stuff" Typical ATS poter

see what i did there?? Now im going to get flamed, attacked, possibly mod edited for that but im just point ing out your own childishness. Hell im only a teenager and I dont act as stuiped as some of you. ITs as if you all read some crazy conspricy website word for word.

NO one knows the truth on what happened behind the scenes during the Bush years. TO throw fault at them for something you believe to be fact is wrong as you cant proved intangable proff of any of it.

So go head and piss and moan, boo and act childish. Also DENYing Ignorace as some of you claim to do is just enbracing another ignorace, whether you a bush hater or an Obama hater, your still the same, your haters. What does hate to??? nothing abouslutely nothing.YOur spreding flith and lies (yes half of the crap poster on this thread is uninformed crap) that you claim as fact...

If i had a nickle for everytime I come to this site and not get pissed at the terrible things you all say about each other I'd be richer than some Sadi prince right now.

THIS IS MY FINAL POST HERE on the policatacl broad because of u idoits (both sides) you all make me sick....

God speed and to the new Prez dont mess up my counrty.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I may be the only person in the country who doesn't wish Obama to do anything good. I want him to fail by all means. I don't have any desire to give this -Snip- an ounce of credit.

Unfortunately you are not the only one that has this intolerant, violent, and divisive view. I lost a brother this past year. He disowned me. A brother that had been one of only two true heros I had had in my life my entire life. He disowned me because of how he assumes I voted this year. I say it that way because he disowned me prior to actually even knowing how I voted.

No - you're not alone. There's a tremendous amount of anti-social, anarchists types just like you who when they don't get their way think the enemy has won. There's a lot of people just like you who hang on to the talk-radio, TV, book-writing hate-mongerers' every words and decide that the most powerful stance is that of intolerance and fear of anything that differs from your own view.

The rest of us level-headed, tolerant, patriotic people who actually feel that ANY president should be given a chance to prove his worth, based solely on the fact he was elected via a democratic process, don't get your ilk one bit. In fact, we're slack-jawed at the very sight of your ignorant rhetoric.

[edit on 1-21-2009 by Valhall]

Excellently said. I'm not an Obama supporter or fan, but I will still give him every chance and see if he proves me wrong about him. If he does, I'll be the first to stand up and say I was wrong about him.Regardless how I feel, he's still my President and deserves that respect the office brings.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Merkel]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
I am laughing at the low class people who booed Bush/Cheney. You would think respect for the office if not for the man would be shown during such an historical event. We shall see how these folks like it in the future when their tin god is booed by the masses.

I am laughing doubly hard at the misinformed, uneducated and ill-advised here on ATS. . .

I find this an odd post from someone whose Avatar is the American Flag flying upside down. Talk about respect. How about respect for country? Or are you in distress?

Par for the hypocritical course of this thread.

P.S. Are we certain they weren't yelling "Bruce"?
( I understand Bruce Springsteen gave a concert and was in town.)

regards....kk

[edit on 21-1-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixLights
Wow all I can say is wow. This kinda crap is why I dont come here very offent. It just the same crap over and over again.

"BAAHHH bush is a war criminal......" typical ATS poster

prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

"BAHHH We should Hang or shot them..." typical ATS poster

that makes you no better than them if what you say is true.

"YAY Obama" typical Ats poster

Yay a new guy to hate in 4 or 8 years.

"BAHH its all bush's fault" Typical ATS poster

dont forget congress kiddos

"BAHHH BUSH did 9/11"

see answer number 1

"Bahh I have nothing better to do in this horrable ecomany then camplain about stuff" Typical ATS poter

see what i did there?? Now im going to get flamed, attacked, possibly mod edited for that but im just point ing out your own childishness. Hell im only a teenager and I dont act as stuiped as some of you. ITs as if you all read some crazy conspricy website word for word.

NO one knows the truth on what happened behind the scenes during the Bush years. TO throw fault at them for something you believe to be fact is wrong as you cant proved intangable proff of any of it.

So go head and piss and moan, boo and act childish. Also DENYing Ignorace as some of you claim to do is just enbracing another ignorace, whether you a bush hater or an Obama hater, your still the same, your haters. What does hate to??? nothing abouslutely nothing.YOur spreding flith and lies (yes half of the crap poster on this thread is uninformed crap) that you claim as fact...

If i had a nickle for everytime I come to this site and not get pissed at the terrible things you all say about each other I'd be richer than some Sadi prince right now.

THIS IS MY FINAL POST HERE on the policatacl broad because of u idoits (both sides) you all make me sick....

God speed and to the new Prez dont mess up my counrty.

Gives you a standing ovation!!!!!

link   
I completely and totally disagree. This was / is not some game or sporting event! Those men are evil traitors who are ultimately responsible for the loss of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of innocent lives! They deserve to be hung publicly!

link   
reply to post by PhoenixLights

whoops used the old account

I still stand by my post.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Amen, Val!
I am happy to give him a chance even though I wish the COLB issue would be resolved beyond where it has been to this point.

As to the premise of this thread, I have mixed feelings about it. jso is right in a sense, but he may be mistaken in another sense.

Where previously it may have been unheard of to do such a thing as boo a president on his way out of office, I think this event may mark a major turning point in the American public's tolerance for presidents that have no regard for either the constitution or human life to the point that he would invade another country for questionable reasons- and not only that- but STAY there despite 80 % of the public SCREAMING at him to get out of there and bring our troops home.

That had to be one of the most embarrassing moments of his presidency which he felt deep down inside. I almost felt bad for him, until my senses quickly brought forth the visions of pain, death, injury, and homelessness he caused in at least two countries. As far as I'm concerned, I hope that little incident tore his insides out- but unfortunately he could give a crap. There is no remorse there. None.

edit to add: And I don't necessarily think that "lack of class" is what occurred. What occurred was the overtaking of his bad deeds over the good to the point that people there were beyond just letting him slide out of office with grace and applause.

[edit on Wed Jan 21st 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TA

I think you are truly mistaken as to your perception of George Bush's love for his country and his fellowmen.

He was dedicated, to a fault, to protecting the American public from further attacks. He pushed the envelope as to his methods, but as far as I can tell, no innocent Americans were harmed or affected by his methods. He didn't care about his popularity in the MSM. He was a true patriot, a True American, imo.

He became a single-issue president because of his love for his country and his fellowmen.

And he succeeded beyond all expectations. How and how many times, we will not know for another 30 years.

If you think the boos didn't hurt him, you are wrong.

He deserves our thanks and our respect.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Telecomm Giants, Katrina, 9/11, and two wars are huge stains on his presidency. I guess it depends on what you believe. Do you believe that he was amply informed of a possible attack and didn’t focus the attention that was needed or do you believe they took it as seriously as was warranted or was it a conspiracy? Do you believe how Katrina was handled is excusable? Do you believe it was wrong for him to support the amendment that conflicts with the Bill of Rights? Do you believe spying on your own people illegally should be considered a crime? Do you believe the wars were justifiable? Do you believe they made Americans safer or simply grossly affected our financial state and got a lot of serving Americans killed?

It all depends on what you believe and what you don’t. The facts are there, with some issues it seems Bush is unfairly labeled, with others it seems we will never know the horrible extent of the corruption that they are bathed in.

The court of opinion is out on Mr. Bush, with good reason. His presidency is over and our country is an utter mess and he tries very hard to avoid any amount of responsibility that is warranted.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Those men stomped all over the Constitution and ran this great country into a ditch and you call people's outrage over that a lack of class? What planet are you living on?? Do you think the Dow at 8000, 9% unemployment, an $11 Trillion deficit, the systematic use of torture that the US executed people for using in WW2, and on and on...do you think those were good results?? Snap out of your blind ideological bent.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I think you are truly mistaken as to your perception of George Bush's love for his country and his fellowmen.

Oh come on... you mean his love for big business and oil?

He was dedicated, to a fault, to protecting the American public from further attacks.

He was the reason most hated America in the first place....
Further attacks.... do you not think if "they" (the terrorists) wanted to, that they just wouldn't have attacked?

It's a campaign of fear and propaganda... an invisible enemy!!

George bush did NOTHING to protect American or anybody's citizens... in fact, he is responsible for the deaths of untold allied soldiers in the middle east.....

[edit on 21/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixLights

right on! its funny to me how easy it is to take an entire group of people and somehow come up with one douche whos the cause of all the worlds ills.

i say the world because of the number of posters from other countries who give a crud about american politics.

its not like bush was wringing his hands in some dark corner of his hidden chamber of sinister secrets rubbing his body wih the blood of small mal-nourished orphans plotting the demise of the world. (cheney compleately different story
)

the pres doesnt have that kind of pull hes got the veto but so does congress, he makes bills, so does congress and each can stop the other if so chooseing

when it comes down to it bush didnt fail America, America faild America!

where were all the massive turn outs of voters when bush's first term was up? playing x-box and surfing the net and couldnt be bothered with doing something so trivial as voteing i mean how could they! they might have missed out on a sweet raid in world of warcraft! gotta have priorities man!

see obama was smart and targeted the online community and the young,
he didnt need to "rock the vote" he had online gameing

no we are the ones who should have been booed not bush we voted all the members of the house and the senate into office and in turn they voted in all these bills and acts that we hate so much.

just like someone posted earlier about booing hitler if he was up there you gotta remember that yes hitler was a douche but alot of his most douchest moments were planned and carried out by his underlings.

dont know if any of this made sense but felt the need to rant

so lets remember the sins of our past and hope this next four years heads in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
WOW, I found a nice LONG video of the boos and the song....I didn't realize how long it lasted!!

Yeah for the 2 million people who did that! A sign of frustration and anger at that man! I love it! He deserved it and I couldn't care less how he felt, because it is nothing like I and the millions of others have felt in what he has done in office.

But even in my anger - it does not come close to the families who have lost loved ones in Bush's war - which he wanted to wage for personal reasons. He and Cheney made the intelligence as it was - which was false, to get us into it.

So feeling bad for him no! What would have been great - is if shoes would have been thrown through the air at him - when the helicopter was leaving.

Here enjoy the long video. I will be sending it to many people!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
To boo Bush and Cheney really does show a lack of class.

The Posse Comitatus Act - enacted by Pres. Lincoln Prohibits search, seizure, or arrest powers to US military personnel and also prohibits armed federal troops from stepping foot on American soil outside of a military base or training facility. Today Armed Federal troops are working in joint efforts with law enforcement on American streets, most recently in Maryland and California. Thank God for the 2nd amendment.

The suspension of Habeas Corpus (Latin in origin is roughly translated as meaning to acquire or take control of of a living being without due process or no trial) has only happened in extraordinary times including WWI &, II, and after the Civil War and during reconstruction, occurred again after 911. All as the result of cave dwellers that penetrated the greatest air defense system in the world while our military stood down? If you don't think suspension of Habeas Corpus, wiretapping or torture affects you, you're mistaken. Our civil liberties and freedom have been greatly compromised during the G.W. Bush administration.

The Neo-cons including Bush 1 and 2, kissinger, Bolton, Perl and Wolfowitz, to name a few have planned to attack Afghanistan for 20+ years in order to launder proceeds from the heroin trade through the U.S banking system via the CIA and attack Iraq to create additional presence in the Middle East to control the flow of oil and keep it from the Russians and Chinese. Bin Laden and Hussien were former CIA operatives. Do your research. There were no W.M.D's. 911 was a false flag operation and inside job intended to mobilize a peaceful nation in order to further a Neo-conservative agenda that amounted to nothing more than a power grab that was funded by our hard earned tax dollars and resulted in the rape of our treasury and was parlayed into false security measures that resulted in the Patriot act and the Military Commissions Act that could ultimately end in despotism given the right circumstances.

The fact that Bush / Cheney lied and took our nation to war is a treasonous act. Anyone that believes these clowns deserve respect is mistaken. Anyone who believes these clowns deserve respect clearly lacks not only an understanding of the U.S. Constitution but also lack self respect.

To boo Bush and Cheney really does show a lack of class. Truth is it's entirely too kind. Truth is, they should be tried for treason!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I think they will fail. The NWO will fail and Obama will take the blame. He will overextend his reach and alienate Americans and it will be nasty as nasty as the booing of BUsh and Cheney and as nasty as the mess those two made, in other words they are going down the tubes and are grasping at red herrings to smother their critics. They are of the same thinking they just disagree over the spoils of government. You can read more about my theory why they will fail at the social construction of the NWO

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

jso, I really REALLY wish I was mistaken. You know, just because life for you didn't change much after the Patriot Act, or after he put in place warrantless wiretapping, doesn't mean it didn't affect many other people. In fact, the way he setup that law, we will NEVER know how many people were truly affected by it because they friggin made it illegal for anyone to even MENTION the fact that they were under investigation or that they had even received the notorious letter. And if you did, they could apprehend you, and hold you indefinitely for breaking THAT law.

Now you tell me jso. Would you do that that to me as your fellow countryman in good conscious? Does that show your love for country? The secrecy of that administration goes beyond anything this country has ever seen before.

The only thing I am happy about is that I am talking about it in the past tense. At some point jso, I think it would be wise for you to realize he was no good for this country- NONE.

I believe there weren't any further attacks after 911 because:

1) I think covert elements had something to do with it

2) There was no real threat of terrorism, and still isn't. Not on the scale they espouse and with all the insane amounts of money they have spent on it. They created the fear in the people, and then had the people pay for their own "protection."

If he had such love of country, then why didn't he and all his rich buddies finance this protection out of their own pockets?

And you know what, the bailouts still fall under his administration, even though there are still more in the works. You can run, but you can't hide forever jso. One of these days you will have to realize the truth. We've been had.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
No,

Those men don't deserve applause or any kind of respect, they ruined your once great nation in 8 years....8 years!

They should have been pelted with rocks and then lynched!

agreed. why would you bother clapping off the worst administration the US has ever seen? i don't see why the common courtesy of being poliet should be extended to someone who has caused so much global grief.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Bush had NO class!
i not only appreciate the average americans desire, but also their right to BOO anybody, especially their "king", decider, mr "saw what happened to those refugees in that part of the world there..".
mR NSA tap all comunictions of certain americans outside the law, mr "the constitution is just a peice of paper", and mr, "i don't care what america thinks"..

and it has NOTHING to do with being "liberal"..
it has to do with being AMERICAN!
i wasn't there, i would have been more enthralled with the inauguration, BUT, i probably would have uttered a BOO as well.
it's my right, and it's how i feel.
and if he doesn't like it, tell him to suspend the constitution..
oops, to late he walked all over it..
that man has NO class, and deserves none.
anyone who wants to wax and waft nostalgia over the likes of Bush, go for it..
i'm sure he cares..

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join