It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's ok now, it was simply the reaction to the outgoing president's popularity rating. I do have to say it is pretty low.

But it's all ok now Dick Cheney is in his secret undisclosed location...

And Bush is gone back to Texas...

All is good. Just because some people *GASP* voiced their opinion of Bush doesn't mean that they have a lack of class, it just means that our freedoms do actually still work.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wrong thread to subscribe .

[edit on 21-1-2009 by parker]

[edit on 21-1-2009 by parker]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What a beautiful thread. Once again someone tosses more fuel on the political fire. I don't think you got the memo. BREAK DOWN THE BORDERS! Cross a line and maybe someday you will understand that you were created just as equal. Keep complaining from your shrinking corner and you'll just see everything as it was during the cold war. But then again, you must be more important than time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheazy

Originally posted by fnIrish

If they had just made "stupid" illegal the economy would not be in the shape it is in today. It is not the government's responsibility to protect people from themselves, eq. bad decisions. That's what parents (supposedly) do for their children.

youre missing the point....

the govt isnt protecting people from themselves in this case.

the govt is protecting people from OTHER people, which is what the govt is here for.

the housing market has crashed because the govt refused to regulate it. lenders were allowed to give money to people who couldnt afford because realtors were allowed to falsify documents.

i didnt overspend, others did. now IM suffering for what OTHERS have done because the govt CHOSE to ignore the problem. they knew about it, but they chose to ignore it.

its similar to drunk driving...someone who doesnt drink gets killed by someone who did.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by wheazy]

Actually, the government FORCED these lenders to make loans to unquilified borrowers via the CRA. The people that sat down and agreed to the payments and terms were the only side of the agreement that knew what they could actually afford. I was in that line of work with a major bank for 11 years and I can tell you that the first act of discrimination that I ever knowingly made, was to give a minority borrower a loan that I knew they couldn't afford.

The bank can't see all of your expenditures so they don't know how much disposable income you actually have. Only the borrower knows.

As far as credit cards go, most of the banruptcy cases I see now are comprised of mountains of credit card debt. The most common revolving credit I see defaulted on is Sears, Macy's, J.C. Penny's, etc. so again, nobody is forcing these people at gunpoint into these store to buy stuff.

It's a good thing McDonalds doesn't have a store credit card.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So what if they booed Bush, I shall be doing the same in the UK when Brown gets the boot!

Personally I like the slow hand clap, thats a classier way to show them disrespect

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You’re pissed that they got booed at? Wow, they and all of Congress are lucky that they haven’t been hanged yet. Our society shows quite a bit of restraint with boos. Both of them should be in cells. Give me a break.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Dead silence would have been a better form of protest. Politicians expect booing, the really hate being ignored.

Oh, aye! The silent treatment is much worse than booing. When people have no reaction to you whatsoever. It's terrible, and much worse than just plain booing. Booing shows rage, anger, and a sort of almost temporary, shallow disgust. Silence, on the other hand, shows contempt, gut-wrenching hate, and disgust to the core. It's an absolutely terrible thing to truly hate someone, but if you're going to show dislike, do it right.

Besides, this is the polite way of doing things. |D

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well going 7 years without being hung was a major achievement - I hope we or the Haige remedies that little thing pretty darn expediantly.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

At last! Someone with a little bit of intelligence. I was beginnign to think that everyone here had missed the point.

NOTE TO EVERYONE ELSE:
Politicos like Buch, Cheney, Obambi, etc. are only in their positions for a few reasons:
1) Power
2) Money
3) Fame

The last of these is probably the most intoxicating and dangerous (unless you consider the axiom that power corrupts...)

Any politician involved in the game, hates being ignored. That removes their power. Let them know you are ignoring them - stare right at them and don't say or do anything. It drives them up the walll.

Shame you all missed that.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The ones who booed President Bush are just a bunch of -Snip-. President Bush didn't agree with what they demanded so hence the hatred for this man.

War criminal? Scoundrel? I don't think so. There are many things going on "on the inside" many Americans will never and I mean NEVER know about. I agree with the secret wire-tappings. I agree with the detainment of suspected terrorists. While there were things I didn't agree with the Bush administration, on the most part I agreed.

The mortgage crisis started in the Clinton administration, with him suggesting to his colleagues, that they need to do something about Sallie Mae and Fanny Mac, to no avail. The greedy just kept getting greedier and for those who wanted a lifestyle they couldn't afford, found themselves with mortgages they knew they couldn't pay for. I don't have any pity or sympathy for any of these people. Buy a home that's within your budget idiots!

Now, Obama(I'll never call him my president) is appealing to the world that we're their friends and we care about them. Well guess what? They(the world) don't give a damn about any of us Americans, whether they voted for Obama or not. They don't give one damn about us. Now or ever.

Do you think that terrorists are going to suddenly stop hating us because they've got one of them in the White House(yes, I said it)? Heeeellllll no! Their goal is to kill as many "infidels"(that's translated to Americans) as they can and with Obama in this posotion, their chances to do so has significantly increased.

Obama doesn't give one damn about the safety of Americans, contrary to anything that may spew from his mouth. He supports that killing of live babies(babies that survive a failed abortion) and wants to force every state to recognise the disgusting gay-marriage laws some states have passed. This tells me he's got his wires crossed and is by far not suitable to lead the United States of America.

Under this administration, while the Bush administration wasn't perfect, we will see Americans being killed on American soil by the same people that brought us 11 SEP 01. And the really sad thing about it is, Obama will try to appease to the factions do this against Amercans because of his extremely far-left liberal views.

I may be the only person in the country who doesn't wish Obama to do anything good. I want him to fail by all means. I don't have any desire to give this -Snip- an ounce of credit.

Mod Edit:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms and Conditions - Please Review

[edit on 21-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

How's the Westboro Baptist Church doing these days? I hear you folks aren't too popular right now.

Far-righters whine about "America" or "Obama Supporters" or "Liberals" not having "class," but the prejudiced, homophobic, over-compensating poster above is exactly the sort of crap that's affiliated with their own camp.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would say that's 2million proud Americans....
I would be proud if i had shown my disgust that way.

Also, i prefer the slow hand clap, but hey.... a good old BOO is cool by me too

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ladies and gentleman I present to you the kind of people who support George Bush:

I may be the only person in the country who doesn't wish Obama to do anything good. I want him to fail by all means. I don't have any desire to give this fag-loving, baby-killer an ounce of credit.

Someone who wants your country to fail so they don’t have to give an ounce of credit to a man who has been reasonably supportive of homosexual Americans and abortions. Wow what a boring, useless, hateful little world we’d live in if we all thought like you.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Sickest post I've ever seen on ATS.
You should be embarrassed and ashamed.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am absolutely speechless... i have to go read something else right now....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
No,

Those men don't deserve applause or any kind of respect, they ruined your once great nation in 8 years....8 years!

They should have been pelted with rocks and then lynched!

What do you know? Seriously? I'm not a big Bush fan but, I'd still show him the respect. Just like i'm not an Obama fan but, I show him respect none the less.Granted he is my new Commander and Chief and I now take orders from him but I do it not because i'm in the Military but because it's the right thing to do.I could care less what the rest of the world thinks to be honest.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You and me both. His post was uncalled for and full of nothing but pure hate. Opinions are one thing, a total lack of class and humanity is another.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Beege24

I kinda wish it was left up....in all it's "glory".
So we could all see what true HATE and IGNORANCE looks like.

I cannot believe what i saw....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Oh wow.. they "snipped" it. Glad I caught it when I did.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I may be the only person in the country who doesn't wish Obama to do anything good. I want him to fail by all means. I don't have any desire to give this -Snip- an ounce of credit.

Unfortunately you are not the only one that has this intolerant, violent, and divisive view. I lost a brother this past year. He disowned me. A brother that had been one of only two true heros I had had in my life my entire life. He disowned me because of how he assumes I voted this year. I say it that way because he disowned me prior to actually even knowing how I voted.

No - you're not alone. There's a tremendous amount of anti-social, anarchists types just like you who when they don't get their way think the enemy has won. There's a lot of people just like you who hang on to the talk-radio, TV, book-writing hate-mongerers' every words and decide that the most powerful stance is that of intolerance and fear of anything that differs from your own view.

The rest of us level-headed, tolerant, patriotic people who actually feel that ANY president should be given a chance to prove his worth, based solely on the fact he was elected via a democratic process, don't get your ilk one bit. In fact, we're slack-jawed at the very sight of your ignorant rhetoric.

[edit on 1-21-2009 by Valhall]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join