It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by TXTriker
It is wrong for the administration to live as it did but its OK for Obama to spend almost 3 times as Bush on the inauguration?

Most was spent on security, and the funds were not paid by tax payers. Obama's staff raised the funds themselves.

[edit on Wed Jan 21st 2009 by DJMessiah]

Doesn't matter who paid for it. It is still classless when the rest of America is losing everything. And when the democrats complained that Bush spent too much considering the loss of life in Indonesia and "should have toned it down".

I agree that it was historical and I agree the "booing" was in bad taste but I think the excessive spending was also in bad taste. I am not necessarily a Bush supporter nor necessarily an Obama supporter. Bush had good and bad. Obama will most likely have good and bad.

Manners are manners.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

Ye that is right. We in Denmark followed this I was personelly together with my familly and we where all shocked over the Americans attitude towards Bush even that we do not like bush and all is very excited about a new president. (Denmark is in Bushs pocket, Shame on Denmark).

Anyway we started to understand why your country is partly owned by the saudi arabs, why your own people have such a low avarge living time, even lower than cuba and canada you despite lol.

Well my point is, that the few people booing there showed us, your allies what "stuff" you are made of over there. - I am sorry to inform you but it is the wrong "stuff".

Get into the battle, respect your people and your office like we respect our queen. Do something about the damn thiefs (Health insurrance companies) and take better care of your own.

Just my 2 cents mates.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why would it be a lack of class, people had enough of the Bush admin. and as people have already stated, booing is quite a let off ..
I just can't help being amazed at how people are so mesmorised and in awe of Obama, When i see people chanting "Obama, Obama . .. " i can't help but see comparisons with all the masses brainwashed with hitler. (No offence intended to anyone here) Yes he's new and fresh and he's an excellent speaker but is he just that ?? I sincerely hope he makes the changes he promises but if he doesn't will people boo him .. will anyone stand up and shout or will they wait until the inaguration of the next president to show their unhappiness of Obama?? (which if Obama fails i recon will be female to keep the sedative going)

Regards

satellite1

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
To our friend from Denmark, I have to agree. The office itself is to be respected if not the office holder. And quite frankly, 'bad' politicians are to be expected. Power corrupts...or has everyone forgotten that. I did not support Bush, neither do I support Obama. Both are against the individual liberties that made America a place apart from the rest, a place where ones individuality could spark innovation and energy that grew us. Now, we're a lot of undereducated, ill mannered, sheep that expect everything given to them on a silver platter. Hell, if I marry my Chinese girlfriend, I might move THERE. At least Chinese have the decency to be well educated, mannered and cultured.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Do I personally think Former President Bush should have been booed at during the inaugriation? No.

But...Many of the same posters that were so quick to chime in here have no business discussing "class" after some of the utterly offensive threads and posts I have seen by the very same folks concerning Obama....Really? You want to lecture the American Public about "Class"?

Also...In a world where many leaders are violently overthrown and executed in the streets...a little booing seems tolerable in context. It was a peaceful transition of power in keeping with our great democracy.

Personally I believe that Former President Bush did in fact do what he believed was right for the country. In my opinion he is guilty of many things..arrogance, gullibility, prideful ignorance...but not malice. He was easily "used" and manipulated by those around him.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Am I the only one thinking that a pair of shoes and two millions folks booing at Bush is pure class?

Whats so unamerican about it? They stole elections and they are not patriotic, they only work for the corporations that control them.

And the Democrats sat back and let them steal.
Instead of taking action, they blamed Nader.
Also, Bush did win in 2004.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
All you naysayers about Obama, should be listening to him right now on T.V.!

complete transparency - no lobbying presents - freedom of information act reinstated! Includes Executive Ethics!

The list goes on and on - of what he is changing immediately with executive orders right now!

YES - what a CHANGE!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by questioningall]

Hey sheep, of course he's making changes - he just took power and all eyes are on what he's doing. What he does in the "first hundred days" is going to be heavily scrutinized.

It's what comes after the honeymoon period and the first hundred days is over. That's when he'll start crap.

I could be wrong. He may start sooner.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

not only do you seem to have what I've noticed some americans have pity for George Bush--- you fail to realize he is the reason our economy is drowning...

Why does everyone blame "Bush" for the economic shutdown? Here's a fact: 2/3 of our economy is consumer-driven. That means consumers are in essence, in charge of the economy. So did Bush make you swipe your credit card for $1500 a week at 18% interest when you only bring home $900 a week? Did Bush tell you to buy that $500,000 home, when you really could only afford a $250,000 one and are now in foreclosure? Did Bush make you pay only the minimum payment on your credit card instead of paying it off? Did Bush tell you to pay full price for that $1500 suit, when a really nice one could be dept-store bought at $250? Take these bad habits and multiply it by 100,000,000 USA people (or more). Bad consumer spending habits are to blame for the world-wide economic breakdown. Not any one specific world leader.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Personally I believe that Former President Bush did in fact do what he believed was right for the country. In my opinion he is guilty of many things..arrogance, gullibility, prideful ignorance...but not malice. He was easily "used" and manipulated by those around him.

That's exactly my view of the man. He's an average guy who never should have been President, not an evil mastermind or a "Hitler". The very fact that people have compared him to "Hitler" is proof that people know nothing of history...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i severly disagree miss...
not only do you seem to have what I've noticed some americans have pity for George Bush--- you fail to realize he is the reason our economy is drowning...the reason why so many of our soldiers have died since 2003....

how dare you not boo...

You clearly love the government...no matter how much they destroy and ruin...

i hope obama stops his partying and gets to work...

you need to take a closer look at your precious bush...he deserves more than a boo lady, he deserves to be hung. Thats coming from an American.

I agree 100%, as someone who recently retired from the US Army I am so glad the warmonger Bush is gone and I hope he has nightmares about the soldiers he sent to their deaths in Iraq...a conflict that should not have happened.

Personally I think he sent us there for payback for his father. I will confess, I was at one time a Republican but I changed parties and I feel so good that I did. I have nothing to offer to Bush but pure rage.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

How dare you compare the President of the United States to Hitler. It's Obama that has the Hitler like qualities, if anything. Positioning himself as a messiah. What a farce! Check out this Youtube video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by themamayada

I think what we in my country understands is, that it is more complicated than that. Your goverment, "bush" is a large part of all the "free house market loans" you could have for some time ago.

Now when the burble is bursting your bad economy is inflicting the whole world and someone must be blamed. Still it is not OK to disrespect the former president or the new one. We need to have this depression sorted out and solved as soon as possible for all of us in the western world.

When we spend time boooooooing :=) at bush and living in the past, India, china etc is running straight trough us all the way to the bank happy that we are not focused on things there really matters: Getting jobs, economy back on track, making people happy and cooping as teams in the Western world.

I do believe Obama will make a difference, even that I do not like him anything speciel. I hopefully trust that he do not owe to many favours to people like the fam. bush and that he has the caracther and the spirit to do what he think is right instead of just blindfolded following orders from generals and advisors. - Even that he is the president he is alaud to think Bush kind of forgot that.

Of course originally he was elected or so it is said on election cheating where the states where not alaud to recount the votes. That might as well has costed "the man" the presidency :=) Ofc after the election bush remade the law. *ROFL* Not to offend the American brothers but somewhere there alot of other countries/people lost respect for the democracy country there could not even have a fair straight election.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I commend the American public for booing Bush. The American public have every right to be angry with Bush. He's responsible for a lot of death and destruction. He's doesn't give a dam about the American public, so why should the American public give a dam about him?

I commend the American public for being so restrained. Only booing, the American public were entitled to riot with what they've had to put up with over the last ten years. The American public have showed a lot of patience. I can guarantee that if Bush has been the leader in lot of other countries, the people would have been rioting.

Personally, I hope Bush catches some kind of deadly disease. I hope he dies a nasty death. I never talk like this, but this man is a cockroach. This man is a parasite.

I hope I never see him or his god awful inbred family again.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Well that bull# is just plain stupid. Some in your own familly problery voted for him the SECOND TIME MAN.... .... remember that you voted the "Buhhh" in twice.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My favorite part of the entire thing was seeing Bill Clinton embrace George H.W. Bush as they were walking out together. That was very classy and made me proud to be an American. I also felt the same way watching President Obama and W. Bush together.

I don't have an issue with leaders being heckled but that was not the time to do it and I think it was classless and in very poor taste.

To the posters throughout this thread making comments to the effect of wishing death or imprisonment to Bush; I challenge any of you to provide proof of these so called crimes or does proof not matter anymore? Maybe you would like to have people executed based on public opinion alone?

I would be willing to bet that the Bush administration has prevented many terrorist attacks since 9/11 but revealing this would put future intel and lives at risk so it's kept secret. I would also be willing to bet this is why Congress has not and will not seek charges against him because they know what he has done for this Country during his 8 years in office.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanway
reply to post by mr-lizard

How dare you compare the President of the United States to Hitler. It's Obama that has the Hitler like qualities, if anything. Positioning himself as a messiah. What a farce!

Now you are just cracking me up

First you say "how dare you compare the President of the United States to Hitler"!

Then in the next sentence you compare PRESIDENT Obama to Hitler! LOL

In case you haven't been following the news...its FORMER President Bush now and the man you yourself just compared to Hitler is our CURRENT President.

Wow!

By the way -- ATS should have a new rule...Unless you knew Hitler personally you should not be able to compare ANYBODY to Hitler.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It was a completely immature and classless act. They embaressed themselves and diminished the reverence of the ceremony. If this group is an example of what elected Obama, there is no doubt that Obama is emabrrased by them as well. I hope each and every one of them fell face first into the port-a-pottie.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ok... I think it was not in good taste to boo, however, many Americans are just infuriated with how Bush attempted to run this country. They showed their respect and listened to his speaches while he held the office. Now they were showing how they REALLY felt now that the office is no longer his.

Respect is only received when it's reciprocated. I feel that Bush did not respect us as Americans. He ran his own personal agenda. As Americans we tried to understand and support him, even when we KNEW he was wrong. Even when he couldn't put together a coherent sentence. Why? He was our leader, we elected him, we had to deal with it. I hate to say it, but might have been amongst the "booers" if I was standing on that lawn yesterday. I held my tongue for 8 years out of respect he really didn't deserve. Now that he is gone, I will only remember him as the WORST president in history. It's time to move on .

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrathier
reply to post by paul76

Well that bull# is just plain stupid. Some in your own familly problery voted for him the SECOND TIME MAN.... .... remember that you voted the "Buhhh" in twice.

I don't think so chum. I'm from England. Not me or any of my family voted for Bush. Anyway, what is your post about anyway? It makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by LLoyd45

Because all of that is spent on war that 1) didn't come up with any real evidence linking Sadaam to Al Quida. 2) no weapons of mass destruction was found. So......why spend 800 billion dollars on a anti-terrorism campaign that didn't contain any terrorists?

HE is meeting today to get us out of Iraq asap. So he can take all that money spent on an illegal war and use that to get us out of the financial chaos the recent government put us in. Re-allocating of funds, not a bad idea. But not spending much more money.

Let's wait and see if he actually does anything to end the war in Iraq or not. My guess is it will continue on with billions being spent monthly just like they are now.

Bottom line, too many people are getting filthy rich for it to end anytime soon. Obama's excuse will be something along the lines of: "Conditions on the ground will not permit a withdrawal at this time.."

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join