It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dare anybody compare Obama to JFK... How dare you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
May I ask why would I want to compare Obama to JFK? I don't want Obama to get shot. I also don't see what the big deal about JFK is and how he is different from other Presidents who have also got shot.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
We were not days, but a few hours from a full nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union.

That's what showing a lack of guts will get you.

I do not get your logic. Weakness in leadership is a reason to strike? If anything, I think the Soviets would be pleased.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Logic is not involved. This was an event in history.

Here is the concept: If one is tested on his resolve, and shows hesitation, or worse - cowardice - then that person's track record is somewhat established.

The next time a problem comes up, one could naturally assume he will behave in the exact, same manner.

One of the most difficult virtues in life to obtain is credibility. With credibility, agreements can be relied on, decisions can be made with confidence, and one's word is without question.

So when the Cuban missile crisis began, the Soviets assumed Kennedy would back down again if he was pushed. This time he didn't back up. The Soviets made some grave miscalculations based on his earlier behavior.

This is why consistency of character and a track record of resolve are critical for a leader.

The ONLY measuring criteria for this current leader is a long history of voting "PRESENT!"

And so, he will be tested.

Both gold and men are tested by fire.

Hope he passes.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Do you know what the problem is with humans? We compare everything we see, hear, touch, smell, and taste!

The one question I have is why bothered limiting our minds, our knowledge, and our perception of other people through the abyss of comparison?

This only angers us as a whole, turn on each other and for what reason?
Because this leader isn't like the one you liked? He just has a few days of being the President of the U.S. and already people are trashing him because he doesn't meet your requirements? Let him do what he is meant to do, and then make your judgments about the decisions he makes, but before you judge him (or anybody else) think outside the box, the pros and cons about what is about to unfold and don't think with your heart.....feelings stands in the way of reason.

Not I, or anybody else knows the truth about his birth place so why waste our time trying to come up with an answer. JFK knew how to speak to the masses, he was wise and humble and wanted the people to know the truth....but what is the truth? This is why you and I are on this site seeking for the truth, whatever that may be.

People make a living in making comparison with other individuals, why should you help them out? Why make them rich and famous with your help?

If Obama is the "anti-Christ" or whatever people are calling him, let him be the one to prove that to you and not the media or anything else you read

[edit on 27-1-2009 by TheEnlightenedOne]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join